Photo
- - - - -

damian brunner - how much is it gonna take to resign him?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

at the start of the season i was thinking it could really cost us but now that hes on a slump and if we acted fast im thinking we might be able to resign him for 2 yrs 4 million? or 2 years 5 million?

hes on a slump but he does have scoring ability ... how much you guys think its gonna cost us to resign him? should we? and if so should we wait till the off season and risk him going on a little run to end the season?

#2 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,686 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

your 4-5 million range sounds about right on a two year deal. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#3 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

Im thinking 3 years 9 million is fair for both sides.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#4 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

no more than 3 million.

#5 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,686 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

I wouldn't give him 3 years or 3 million.  Filppula's coming off a 3 million dollar contract and in no way has Brunner shown he's even close to that good.  I'd give him two years at 2 or 2.5.  I'm expecting a lot out of this kid after a year with the team, a full year's worth of NHL conditioning, and a training camp.  But until he shows it on the ice, he's still going on potential.  And with the cap going down next season, potential doesn't get you 3 million bucks. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#6 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

If they sign him it'll be a minimum of a 4 year deal simply because no one under the age of 35 signs for less lately. I would rather trade him, he has scoring ability but very soft on the boards and disappears for stretches. On the plus side he does try hard, but the fancy moves he tries just don't work in the NHL unless you have lower body strength, like Datsyuk or Zetterberg, Brunner just isn't strong enough. I think he will get better the longer he plays, but we have too many players on this team that have ability but disappear for weeks. I'm looking at you Franzen.

Edited by wings87, 01 April 2013 - 10:23 PM.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#7 PumpIron

PumpIron

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

2.5mil 1yr

#8 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

He may accept a short term deal if he feels he has something to prove. He knows he's better than this, but can't make big bucks til he proves it. Holland will want long term, so maybe he can get a steal. 3 years, 3 million sounds right. We show confidence in him but don't give him a massive payday.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.