• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

damian brunner - how much is it gonna take to resign him?

Rate this topic

at the start of the season i was thinking it could really cost us but now that hes on a slump and if we acted fast im thinking we might be able to resign him for 2 yrs 4 million? or 2 years 5 million?

hes on a slump but he does have scoring ability ... how much you guys think its gonna cost us to resign him? should we? and if so should we wait till the off season and risk him going on a little run to end the season?

I wouldn't give him 3 years or 3 million. Filppula's coming off a 3 million dollar contract and in no way has Brunner shown he's even close to that good. I'd give him two years at 2 or 2.5. I'm expecting a lot out of this kid after a year with the team, a full year's worth of NHL conditioning, and a training camp. But until he shows it on the ice, he's still going on potential. And with the cap going down next season, potential doesn't get you 3 million bucks.

If they sign him it'll be a minimum of a 4 year deal simply because no one under the age of 35 signs for less lately. I would rather trade him, he has scoring ability but very soft on the boards and disappears for stretches. On the plus side he does try hard, but the fancy moves he tries just don't work in the NHL unless you have lower body strength, like Datsyuk or Zetterberg, Brunner just isn't strong enough. I think he will get better the longer he plays, but we have too many players on this team that have ability but disappear for weeks. I'm looking at you Franzen.

Edited by wings87

He may accept a short term deal if he feels he has something to prove. He knows he's better than this, but can't make big bucks til he proves it. Holland will want long term, so maybe he can get a steal. 3 years, 3 million sounds right. We show confidence in him but don't give him a massive payday.