• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

Bouwmeester to Blues

Rate this topic

The Detroit model is always have 30+ mil freed up cap space go to waste cause you never know with the salary cap era. ;) Heaven forbird we use it with our core locked up in lifetime contracts. Might need to overpay for the Carlo Colaiacovos of the world. :eh:

It's funny because it's true....

Being a Calgary fan must be the worst feeling in the world. They've been crying for a rebuild for years, and when it finally happens... their GM absolutely screws it up, getting a simply awful return for their players.

The 1st round picks they've gotten are late, the prospects are most likely going nowhere.

Calgary will be a very, very bad team for a long time.

nah man, they got this....

hudler_jiri.jpg?w=320

man i gota say with this ridiculous price stl had to pay im kinda regretting we didnt get him bouwmeester

we probably could of sent mccollum and ben marshall at this point ... this trade makes no sense

He had an NTC so it may not even have been a possibility for us to ever offer anything.

Have fun with Bouwmeesters cap number when you have to re-sign half of your team to huge raises. Didn't want Bouw, glad he's a Blue. Be funny if they miss the playoffs :lol: We need a forward, none of them have gone yet so nothing to ***** about IMO.

Reto Berra a Swiss goalie, never played in N.America,. Mark Cundari, a small, undrafted, 22-YO D-man, 3 years in AHL

Where do they find these yokels?

Can any Flames fan even name these prospects they've obtained from the Blues and Penguins?

The Detroit model is always have 30+ mil freed up cap space go to waste cause you never know with the salary cap era. ;) Heaven forbird we use it with our core locked up in lifetime contracts. Might need to overpay for the Carlo Colaiacovos of the world. :eh:

Money was allotted for Suter/Parise. Didn't pan out. We have gone the route of locking up the core. Look at the Franzine, Kronwall and Z's contracts. Now a lot of people just complain about the Mule contract.

It's funny because it's true....

Except that it's not true.

Go to Capgeek achive check the Red Wings cap history beyond This year. Or research somewhere else. Wings have consistently been among the highest spenders.

We could have offered more but without the 1st rounder. He gets 1st round value and then a couple throw-in prospects. Feaster has no clue.

Feaster wanted a goalie prospect given all this Kipper drama and we weren't willing to part with ours. St. Louis was. That's pretty much the difference maker there.

Feaster wanted a goalie prospect given all this Kipper drama and we weren't willing to part with ours. St. Louis was. That's pretty much the difference maker there.

A 26 year old goalie who won't be a factor by coming to N.A. likely? We could have gone with McCollum as a throw in. Paterson would have been an option. Blues didn't give up Allen (who is their top goalie prospect).

A 26 year old goalie who won't be a factor by coming to N.A. likely? We could have gone with McCollum as a throw in. Paterson would have been an option. Blues didn't give up Allen (who is their top goalie prospect).

This trade should be investigated by the NHL. Smells too fishy.

It's the kind of trade some AI GM in a video game offers you, and you fall all over it.

Little sad Detroit couldn't beat this offer. I mean, this is basically Bouwmeester for a late first? They didn't even get Rattie or Cole.

I mean Jurco, Quincy plus a second would be better than thaty!

Sent from my BlackBerry

i'll give Kenny the summer to spend the cap space, but if we go into yet another year without using all the cap I'll look at this move right here and hold it against him.

i'll give Kenny the summer to spend the cap space, but if we go into yet another year without using all the cap I'll look at this move right here and hold it against him.

Our cap space will be used up just retaining some of our upcoming FA's.

Adding a Bouwmeester would have resulted in losing either Brunner, Howard or Flip

Our cap space will be used up just retaining some of our upcoming FA's.

Adding a Bouwmeester would have resulted in losing either Brunner, Howard or Flip

They've said that for several years now, and we still have cap space.

Done a quick look at their defense and it looks ridiculous:

Every pairing has a shutdown AND a pmd now. Facing them in the playoffs just got even worse.

Sent from my BlackBerry

If they even make the playoffs. They are right on the bubble and Halak got hurt tonight.

I'm surprised there are so many people here down on Bouwmeester. He's better than all of our defensemen save Kronwall. The guy has never been on a good team. He would have fit in well here, and really helped the PP. Oh well, another miss. Nothing new.

The guy was on a team that had made the playoffs 5 straight years before he got there and hasn't made them since. How many years does he have to miss them before maybe we start looking at the possibility that having him as your #1 defenceman is a recipe for not making the playoffs.

He would have helped out the team offensively while hurting them defensively, and Kronwall is already filling that role effectively. He's also a left side defenceman when we have 5 of them and only one guy who prefers to play the right side. He's almost the exact opposite of the type of defenceman we should be looking to add.

They've said that for several years now, and we still have cap space.

The cap hasn't dropped in those years. The Wings have 18.6 million left to sign, Nyquist, Andersson, Kindl, Smith, Howard, Flip, Brunner, White, Cleary and Miller.

Flip and Howard are going to get at least 4 a season, so now you're down to 10.6 million. Nyquist and Andersson are going to get at least 1 million each, bringing the cap room down to 8.6 million. Smith and Kindl will command at least as much as Colaiacovo (2.5 million) so now you're left with 3.6 million to sign Brunner, White, Cleary or Miller. Brunner alone could cost as much as that considering the # of goals he's scored in his rookie season and his status as a UFA.

Unless there is a buyout of some sort, or a trade involving some significant salary going the other way don't expect the Wings to add anyone this offseason or trade deadline.

Of those players Miller, White, Filppula and Cleary are unlikely to return. Cleary could return but he won't get a raise. And Flip could be lost if we find a suitable replacement. We have extra roster players right now that we won't have in the offseason so I don't think our cap is as dire as all that.

This might be why the Wings didn't land JBo...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/23141/bouwmeester-getting-closer-to-playoffs

A source told ESPN.com’s Pierre LeBrun that the Blues had tried to get the Flames to eat part of Bouwmeester’s salary -- he has one season left on the books at $6.68 million against the salary cap, slightly less, $6.6 million, in real salary -- but the Flames refused.