• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#141 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:37 AM

Pierre is weird but he's usually a pretty knowledgable hockey guy, isn't he?

I certainly hope Holland isn't too stingy with the 1st rounder. He certainly wasn't when he got Quincey. Besides, if we can get another star, we can spare a pick in a shallow draft considering we already have too many prospects.

Was it the 2013 draft, or is it this upcoming 2014 draft that supposed to be 'deep in talent'?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#142 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

Was it the 2013 draft, or is it this upcoming 2014 draft that supposed to be 'deep in talent'?

i believe that was last years draft that was considered one of the deepest drafts in a long time

edit: also, the draft where holland wasn't stingy with the first and got quincey was considered a shallow draft. which is likely why he wasn't stingy with the pick

Edited by amato, 11 December 2013 - 11:59 AM.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#143 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

If a first-round pick was the issue...that's frustrating. I'm not saying we're a Bouwmeester away from Cup contention, but...we're a Bouwmeester away from Cup contention. There. I said it. Hang me.

As for Pierre's take - it wouldn't turn my world upside-down if our offer was in fact better than St. Louis's. I get the fuzzy sense that no GM wants to be The Guy Who Gave the Red Wings a Ladder Out of Their Hole. And/Or if Bouwmeester vetoed the deal...well, I get the fuzzy sense that no top-four defenseman wants to be The Guy Who's Supposed to Fill in for Nicklas Lidstrom.

FWIW, Pierre is very, very high on our prospect pool.

FWIW #2, the Flames like them some big, mean, North American Hockey Players. Whereas we're kind of on the opposite end of the spectrum. So, who knows, maybe a Nyquist/Tatar/Pulkkinen/Jarnkrok/Almqvist would make them yawn.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#144 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

FWIW #2, the Flames like them some big, mean, North American Hockey Players. Whereas we're kind of on the opposite end of the spectrum. So, who knows, maybe a Nyquist/Tatar/Pulkkinen/Jarnkrok/Almqvist would make them yawn.

They love them some Jiri Hudler right now. Who'd have thought 28 points in 30 games with the Flames.

#145 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

They love them some Jiri Hudler right now. Who'd have thought 28 points in 30 games with the Flames.

I'll admit, I consciously overlooked him in making that point. But I don't expect them to go all Ken Holland on us now, especially with Mr. Big Mean North American Hockey Players himself becoming their interim GM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#146 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:03 AM

This past draft which got us Mantha