• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Trade Ian White

Rate this topic

the way these trades have been going we can EASILY get a 2nd round pick for white and draft another possible gem ....looking at our d he'll be lucky to play a few more games here and he will not return

kronwall ericsson

quincey smith

kindl lashoff/dekeyser

coliacovo

we got 8 defensemen capable of playing without white

the last FOUR years with our 2nd round picks we got

Frk - Jurco - Ouellet - Sproul - Jarnkrok - Ferraro - Tatar

Look at that ridiculous talent guys now if we can get 2 2nd round picks again by trading white and hope to get another gem of a prospect then we have to do it

the way these trades have been going we can EASILY get a 2nd round pick for white and draft another possible gem ....looking at our d he'll be lucky to play a few more games here and he will not return

kronwall ericsson

quincey smith

kindl lashoff/dekeyser

coliacovo

we got 8 defensemen capable of playing without white

the last FOUR years with our 2nd round picks we got

Frk - Jurco - Ouellet - Sproul - Jarnkrok - Ferraro - Tatar

Look at that ridiculous talent guys now if we can get 2 2nd round picks again by trading white and hope to get another gem of a prospect then we have to do it

If we can get a second for white that would be awesome. Then just maybe we could ship that pick and our 2014 1st for a gabby or pomonville type player

I'm afraid we won't trade White because of his right handed shot.... which doesn't seem all that effective. I also remember reading around when he was scratched that the team still has him in their plans (whatever that means).

Plans to make a trade??? :lol:

Assuming Quincey is actually close to returning, and Cola doesn't break himself in the next 36 hours, I'd agree.

I'd give up any one of those three. Cola being the first choice (though he probably doesn't have any value), but White's a close second.

They don't have a whole lot of value. Bouwmeester, Regehr, and Douglas Murray all contribute something majorly. None of those three have made much of an impact. I wouldn't expect anything more than a 3rd rounder for any of those guys.

Teams don't want our garbage. Second-round picks are all the more important in a deep draft. We'd be lucky to get a bag of chips. Certainly no roster players.

They don't have a whole lot of value. Bouwmeester, Regehr, and Douglas Murray all contribute something majorly. None of those three have made much of an impact. I wouldn't expect anything more than a 3rd rounder for any of those guys.

Teams don't want our garbage. Second-round picks are all the more important in a deep draft. We'd be lucky to get a bag of chips. Certainly no roster players.

Bouwmeester maybe, but Murray and Regehr are just depth/PKers. White has value as a puck-mover and on the PP. Having a s***ty year, but he's shown in the past that he can be worth 25-30 points a year. 2nd-rounder isn't out of the question. That's what SJ paid for him a couple years ago, and he wasn't having a great season at that time either. His worth depends on who is looking for someone with his skills, and who else is available. I don't know if I'd say "easily", but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if some playoff-bound team was willing to give up a 2nd.

Colo looked really good tonight. I don't think it would be smart trading away all three of those guys. I could see getting rid of White though.

The same Colo that was on aganist both goals who looked out of position all night, blew some 1 on 1's and double covered an Avs player on the PK and actually pushed him down and layed on top of him and Smith? And people are ripping on Smith.... I'd rather have a D corps next year of:

Ericsson-Kronwall

Smith-Dekeyser

Kindl-Lashoff

Almqvist

Trade those 3 Dmen and draft some big forwards. Or wait for all their contracts to expire after next year and get nothing for them as usual.

Bouwmeester maybe, but Murray and Regehr are just depth/PKers. White has value as a puck-mover and on the PP. Having a s***ty year, but he's shown in the past that he can be worth 25-30 points a year. 2nd-rounder isn't out of the question. That's what SJ paid for him a couple years ago, and he wasn't having a great season at that time either. His worth depends on who is looking for someone with his skills, and who else is available. I don't know if I'd say "easily", but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if some playoff-bound team was willing to give up a 2nd.

Good puck moving Dmen can make the outlet pass and actually have our team keep possession. He can't make that 1st pass to save his life. He blindly throws it up the boards and loses it to the other team constantly. I garuntee he leads the Wings in icings. I would rather have a 7th round pick than White on the Wings.

I might be one of the few who thought Cola was pretty good last night.

as for white, does anyone think we can get a 2nd rounder for a journeyman who is struggling right now?

I do believe, some desperate teams might be willing to give up a second for him, keep in mind Regehr returned two seconds in a deep draft and he is not 2 times as good as White, sure better but not by much. I have nothing against White, he for sure is a serviceable second pairing guy but honestly playing with Lidas made him better, than he really is/was (same goes for Kronwall).

regehr and murray got 2 2nd round picks and jordan leopold got a 2nd round pick and a 4th i believe it was im pretty sure if we waited till tomorrow we can get a 2nd round pick for ian white and perfect team to trade him in my eyes would be the boston bruins who are looking for a dman to help them on there powerplay which is non existant

worst case scenario at the very least he can get us a 3rd round pick

Trade Ian White?

Have you seen Kronwall lately?

What do you mean?

Look at this great lateral movement on the second goal. He abandoned that side of the ice with magnificent agility.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20122013,2,517&cmpid=embed-share-video

Or on the first goal where he puts up a great fight in front of the net, but it's ok Jeremy Morin is one of the strongest powerforwards in the league I wouldn't expect our number 1 guy to be able to clear a puck, or control his stick.

Or what about having the 2nd most minor penalties for defensemen in the entire league? It's ok, our number 1 guy doesn't need to be on the ice, he just wants to let other guys develop their penalty kill skills.

We need a #1, Kronwall is not the answer.

Edited by Carman

What do you mean?

Look at this great lateral movement on the second goal. He abandoned that side of the ice with magnificent agility.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20122013,2,517&cmpid=embed-share-video

Or on the first goal where he puts up a great fight in front of the net, but it's ok Jeremy Morin is one of the strongest powerforwards in the league I wouldn't expect our number 1 guy to be able to clear a puck, or control his stick.

Or what about having the 2nd most minor penalties for defensemen in the entire league? It's ok, our number 1 guy doesn't need to be on the ice, he just wants to let other guys develop their penalty kill skills.

We need a #1, Kronwall is not the answer.

Have any ideas where this magical # 1 D man is? ...and if you say Yandle I will puke in my mouth.

Have any ideas where this magical # 1 D man is? ...and if you say Yandle I will puke in my mouth.

It's a good question, I should probably rephrase my comment to say and top pairing defensive guy. Ericsson might be on his way, but we could really use that Orpik, Mcdonagh, Seabrook, Seidenberg, Methot etc. type guy to cover down on Kronwall inefficiencies, they will always be there, it's who he is.

Which is one of the reason I wanted Bouwmeester, he could have really bailed out Kronwall's mistakes. Ericsson is good in his own right, I just don't think he's at a level in which he can make up for Kronwall. Hopefully he can develop some chemistry, but man do they make some crucial mistakes for a number 1 pairing.

But you're right a Doughty, Pieterangelo, Keith, Suter, Weber don't grow on trees, which is why I really wished Holland would have been more aggressive going after Subban for example.

You're insane. Sorry but no one wants Ian White.. No team trades bad players, they only trade players if they are looking to acquire or rebuild. I don't mind him here, he is not as worse then Kindl, Quincey and Colo. Heck I would get back Huskins at this point!

Guest Crymson

Which is one of the reason I wanted Bouwmeester, he could have really bailed out Kronwall's mistakes. Ericsson is good in his own right, I just don't think he's at a level in which he can make up for Kronwall. Hopefully he can develop some chemistry, but man do they make some crucial mistakes for a number 1 pairing.

Bouwmeester? Seriously? That guy makes tons of mistakes on defense.

But you're right a Doughty, Pieterangelo, Keith, Suter, Weber don't grow on trees, which is why I really wished Holland would have been more aggressive going after Subban for example.

Subban, as the future of the Canadiens' defense, would not have been put on the market unless he had outright refused to sign with the Canadiens. I'm not sure why you believed that he was an option.

Bouwmeester? Seriously? That guy makes tons of mistakes on defense.

Subban, as the future of the Canadiens' defense, would not have been put on the market unless he had outright refused to sign with the Canadiens. I'm not sure why you believed that he was an option.

I am really happy we didn't get Bouwmeester. Here we are complaining about how our defensemen pinch in often and cant get back on defense. Bouwmeester is a master at that.

Subban was never on the market and Kenny doesn't offer RFA contracts.