• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

joni pitkanen got hurt and hes out for the season i hope hollands calling carolina and offering up white for a 2nd

#22 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

joni pitkanen got hurt and hes out for the season i hope hollands calling carolina and offering up white for a 2nd

:hysterical:

#23 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

What do you mean?

Look at this great lateral movement on the second goal. He abandoned that side of the ice with magnificent agility.

http://video.nhl.com...bed-share-video

Or on the first goal where he puts up a great fight in front of the net, but it's ok Jeremy Morin is one of the strongest powerforwards in the league I wouldn't expect our number 1 guy to be able to clear a puck, or control his stick.

Or what about having the 2nd most minor penalties for defensemen in the entire league? It's ok, our number 1 guy doesn't need to be on the ice, he just wants to let other guys develop their penalty kill skills.

We need a #1, Kronwall is not the answer.

Have any ideas where this magical # 1 D man is? ...and if you say Yandle I will puke in my mouth.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#24 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:07 PM

Have any ideas where this magical # 1 D man is? ...and if you say Yandle I will puke in my mouth.

It's a good question, I should probably rephrase my comment to say and top pairing defensive guy. Ericsson might be on his way, but we could really use that Orpik, Mcdonagh, Seabrook, Seidenberg, Methot etc. type guy to cover down on Kronwall inefficiencies, they will always be there, it's who he is.

Which is one of the reason I wanted Bouwmeester, he could have really bailed out Kronwall's mistakes. Ericsson is good in his own right, I just don't think he's at a level in which he can make up for Kronwall. Hopefully he can develop some chemistry, but man do they make some crucial mistakes for a number 1 pairing.

But you're right a Doughty, Pieterangelo, Keith, Suter, Weber don't grow on trees, which is why I really wished Holland would have been more aggressive going after Subban for example.

#25 HIFI_canadian

HIFI_canadian

Give me some of that TATAR sauce

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

You're insane. Sorry but no one wants Ian White.. No team trades bad players, they only trade players if they are looking to acquire or rebuild. I don't mind him here, he is not as worse then Kindl, Quincey and Colo. Heck I would get back Huskins at this point!

tomastatar.png

#26 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:32 AM

Which is one of the reason I wanted Bouwmeester, he could have really bailed out Kronwall's mistakes. Ericsson is good in his own right, I just don't think he's at a level in which he can make up for Kronwall. Hopefully he can develop some chemistry, but man do they make some crucial mistakes for a number 1 pairing.

Bouwmeester? Seriously? That guy makes tons of mistakes on defense.

But you're right a Doughty, Pieterangelo, Keith, Suter, Weber don't grow on trees, which is why I really wished Holland would have been more aggressive going after Subban for example.

Subban, as the future of the Canadiens' defense, would not have been put on the market unless he had outright refused to sign with the Canadiens. I'm not sure why you believed that he was an option.

#27 HIFI_canadian

HIFI_canadian

Give me some of that TATAR sauce

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:12 AM

Bouwmeester? Seriously? That guy makes tons of mistakes on defense.

Subban, as the future of the Canadiens' defense, would not have been put on the market unless he had outright refused to sign with the Canadiens. I'm not sure why you believed that he was an option.

I am really happy we didn't get Bouwmeester. Here we are complaining about how our defensemen pinch in often and cant get back on defense. Bouwmeester is a master at that.

Subban was never on the market and Kenny doesn't offer RFA contracts. 

tomastatar.png

#28 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:25 AM

If Kenny can get a second from a very desperate team for him, this would be a huge steal.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#29 brandon27

brandon27

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Trade White

Trade Coliacovo

Trade Quincey

No interest in keeping any of those 3.

You forgot Franzen and Cleary too.

Posted Image

#30 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

Please tell me we get rid of him

#31 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

You forgot Franzen and Cleary too.

cleary yes, and franzen sure, just find someone who can score 25-30 goals around the same cap hit to replace him and we will be good... 

hmmm  :confused1:

#32 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

no ones trading anything white and filppula would of been a perfect time to trade them ... i swear if we go to the playoffs get knocked off first round and filppula leaves for nothing like hudler did im gonna be pissed off im sure we could of gotten a 1st and some type of prospect ...no way boston wouldnt jump at filppula and white duo trade if we called them up now to try and battle back against the moves the pens have made

#33 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

If White isn't traded, he should be a healthy scratch

IPB Image

#34 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

If White isn't traded, he should be a healthy scratch

You don't scratch one of the 50 best defenseman in the league.

Ian White is a great player, just is battling some demons right now. He'll be huge down the stretch.

#35 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

Ian White is a great player, just is battling some demons right now. He'll be huge down the stretch.

top 10

#36 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

top 10

I was semi sarcrastic, but really Ian White has been a very good point producing defenseman. And he's only 28. It wasn't just a one year thing with Lidstrom, the previous year he played with Calgary and Toronto and put up 38 points and played 22 minutes a night, 28th among defenseman in points and 42nd in ice time.

He's struggled this year, but it's not like he's never been productive.

#37 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

your being sarcastic right? lol

#38 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

I was semi sarcrastic, but really Ian White has been a very good point producing defenseman. And he's only 28. It wasn't just a one year thing with Lidstrom, the previous year he played with Calgary and Toronto and put up 38 points and played 22 minutes a night, 28th among defenseman in points and 42nd in ice time.

He's struggled this year, but it's not like he's never been productive.

I do not consider him top 50, maybe top 100