• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hillbillywingsfan

Stars trade Jaromir Jagr to Bruins

Rate this topic

I think you have to look at the big picture here, all the teams landing the big rentals here do have one thing in common: they are contenders or close to be be STANLEY CUP contenders, the Detroit Red Wings aren't this year so why give up picks for rentals and I highly doubt the Flyers are dumb enough to let Couturier go.

He wouldn't be worth it AT ALL. He's on a 1 year contract at 4.5mil making him a rental. Is he good? Absolutely, but look at his trajectory when it comes to contracts. HE LIKES THE MONEY! There is zero percent chance he would re-sign with this team because we aren't going to give him an outrageous contract that he would want to get. So, why would we ever trade some of our future for simply Jagr for the next what 10 games? That's a no-brainer NO for this franchise.

It's not so much the fact that he didn't get him. It's the fact that there's a really big chance holland will make 0 moves. All year other teams have no problem doing it. We have a deep prospect pool

Making zero moves at a deadline isn't necessarily a bad thing. In fact, one of the reasons our prospect pool is so deep is because Holland isn't willing to part with our young guys simply for the sake of a trade.

I am surprised Dallas moved him, guess they are fully giving up on playoffs this year.

I'd love to have gotten Jagr, but as others have rightly pointed out, price was too high.

Would Jagr have improved our chances at a cup, yes, would we still have been quite the longshot to win it all, most definitely. Not worth a pick and two prospects (assuming the two prospects Boston gave up are decent).

Jagr to the Bruins, poor choice by the Bruins to send away two prospects and a pick.... At most Jagr was worth a 2nd round pick

I disagree. Jagr is the leading scorer on Dallas, and has more points than all but two of our players this season. The two prospects will likely never play in the NHL, so they are not worth very much. Picks are also not worth much, as they are also very unlikely to generate an NHL player.

Every premium player, Jagr, Meester, Iginla, have so far been traded away for nothing. The prices are rock bottom.

I disagree. Jagr is the leading scorer on Dallas, and has more points than all but two of our players this season. The two prospects will likely never play in the NHL, so they are not worth very much. Picks are also not worth much, as they are also very unlikely to generate an NHL player.

Every premium player, Jagr, Meester, Iginla, have so far been traded away for nothing. The prices are rock bottom.

MacDermid has already played a few NHL games. With S. Thornton on the decline, I expected Macdermid to take his place after next season. Payne is another tough player, but with a little more skill, that could be a 3rd/4th liner. They aren't great prospects, but there aren't many players that can fight, skate, and chip in offensively in the NHL.

Here's the thing though....Boston trades a 2nd rounder and two prospects that aren't top 10 guys (so I'm assuming they're between 11-17)...for us that would be a 2nd round pick and two ofJake Pattersson, Frk, Pulkkinen, Marchenko, Tvrdon. (Per RWC)

I hope you get my point...

Also...Iginla gave Calgary no leverage and the whole four teams he chose knew that he wouldn't go anywhere else. His situation is too unique to include in tour assessment.

Edited by achildr1

The Dallas Stars have decided to trade Jaromir Jagr to the Boston Bruins for forward prospects Lane MacDermid, Cody Payne and a conditional draft pick in 2013.

Dallas will receive no worse than a second round pick from Boston. If the Bruins reach the Eastern Conference Finals this season, the pick will become a first-rounder.

Jagr leads the Stars with 14 goals and 26 points this season, while playing 34 of the Stars' 35 games.

The league's all-time leading European scorer, Jagr returned to the league last season with the Philadelphia Flyers before signing a one-year, $4.5 million deal with the Stars for this season.

He has played in 18 NHL seasons in his career. The 1998-99 Hart Trophy winner has two five Art Ross Trophies, and three Lester B. Pearson Awards. Jagr is also a seven-time First Team All-Star.

Jagr has only missed the playoffs in two of his 18 seasons prior to this season.

In 1,380 career NHL games, Jagr has scored 679 goals, 1000 assists. He was originally drafted fifth overall by the Pittsburgh Penguins in 1990. He has since suited up for the Stars, Flyers, New York Rangers and Washington Capitals.

The winner of two Stanley Cups - both with the Penguins - Jagr has appeared in 180 career playoff games, scoring 78 goals and adding 111 assists.

MacDermid, 23, was drafted in the fourth round (112th overall) by the Bruins at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. He has appeared in three games with the Bruins this season, racking up 10 penalty minutes.

Payne was a fifth-round selection (145th overall) by the Bruins in 2012. He scored 24 goals and added 21 assists in 66 games with the Ontario Hockey League's Plymouth Whalers this season.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419676

The title I copied and past from was in Caps sorry I'm sure an Admin will fix it soon. As far as this trade goes good for Boston. Why is Dallas who is only a few points out of the playoffs Selling there players for? Don't get some of these teams oh well. Hope Ken Holland Gets someone at the Deadline.

I agree, compared to last year when the likes of Quincey + Gaustad were going for 1st round picks, trading a 2nd (likely ~ 50th overall) and 2 middling prospects for a superstar HOFer who can still play seems like a pretty good deal to me. And lets not forget we have absolute log-jam of average to good prospects at forward, some of them will have to be traded away, just to make some room for the rest

And all those calling Jagr a 42 year old - yep, a 42 year old with 3 more goals than anyone else on our team. Lidstrom was still pretty good at 42 ISTR.

The title I copied and past from was in Caps sorry I'm sure an Admin will fix it soon. As far as this trade goes good for Boston. Why is Dallas who is only a few points out of the playoffs Selling there players for? Don't get some of these teams oh well. Hope Ken Holland Gets someone at the Deadline.

this is already posted in the trade deadline thread...

Sorry I didn't see the thread till now oh well this needs it's own thread anyhow since? Every play who gets traded has it's own thread anyways. Hope we can get this thread on topic. And we get thoughts on the trade that happened. I'm still not happy with Holland I hope we can land a player soon.

I agree, compared to last year when the likes of Quincey + Gaustad were going for 1st round picks, trading a 2nd (likely ~ 50th overall) and 2 middling prospects for a superstar HOFer who can still play seems like a pretty good deal to me. And lets not forget we have absolute log-jam of average to good prospects at forward, some of them will have to be traded away, just to make some room for the rest

And all those calling Jagr a 42 year old - yep, a 42 year old with 3 more goals than anyone else on our team. Lidstrom was still pretty good at 42 ISTR.

The biggest problem with Jagr isn't his skill, or his age. Obviously he can still perform at his age, as he is producing currently. The biggest problem with Jagr is that he chases the pay-check and is willing to abandon a team in order to go somewhere offering a bigger paycheck. We aren't a Jagr piece away from a cup, and he's a rental; Why would we want to give up potentially two pieces of our future plus a first round pick for a simple rental? Hell, look if we don't make the playoffs. That would basically be Jagr playing for what ~12 games for 2 prospects and a 1st?

I'm almost positive the Trade deadline thread exists for a reason. We should start using it instead of clogging up the general discussion thread with a million trade threads.

Not to mention that there is already a thread about a Jagr trade to Boston

Guest irishock

Wow, I didn't know Jagr has been this good this year. Except for being a more grittier player, Iginla isn't much better than Jagr, even at this stage.