• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#21 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

There goes another one. Kenny's probably not even near a phone.

I ain't giving up 2 prospects and a high-level pick for a 42 yr old... no chance!

Especially since we are not that close to a cup run... smart move

I prefer Gaborik, etc

#22 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

I ain't giving up 2 prospects and a high-level pick for a 42 yr old... no chance!

Especially since we are not that close to a cup run... smart move

I prefer Gaborik, etc

It's not so much the fact that he didn't get him. It's the fact that there's a really big chance holland will make 0 moves. All year other teams have no problem doing it. We have a deep prospect pool

#23 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

It's not so much the fact that he didn't get him. It's the fact that there's a really big chance holland will make 0 moves. All year other teams have no problem doing it. We have a deep prospect pool

I think Kenny will make 1... He knows he has to get a forward... but you could be right

We'll see

#24 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

How many of the trades made would you want the Wings to make? I like Regehr, but I don't see how he would fit with the current D. Other than that trade, I don't think any of the trades made would have been the difference for the Wings this year, next year, etc. If Clowe and/or Gabby are traded for reasonable prices, it will be different IMO.

Making a move for the sake of making a move isn't what the Wings need. A move should only be made if it improves the team this year and in the coming years.

#25 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

How many of the trades made would you want the Wings to make? I like Regehr, but I don't see how he would fit with the current D. Other than that trade, I don't think any of the trades made would have been the difference for the Wings this year, next year, etc. If Clowe and/or Gabby are traded for reasonable prices, it will be different IMO.

Making a move for the sake of making a move isn't what the Wings need. A move should only be made if it improves the team this year and in the coming years.

Yep I'm being patient.

If Pominville, Eriksson, Gaborik, Courturier etc. get moved for a reasonable price I'll start to hold Holland to the fire. But so far none of these moves are that big of a loss.

#26 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

http://www.sportsnet...-boston-bruins/

bringit.jpg

#27 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,503 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

Yep I'm being patient.

If Pominville, Eriksson, Gaborik, Courturier etc. get moved for a reasonable price I'll start to hold Holland to the fire. But so far none of these moves are that big of a loss.

That's just it...What's the point of handing over some decent prospects/draft picks for a guy who's on the very back side of his career?

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see Jagr on Dat's wing - however not for a steep price.

Wonder what the asking price would be for Pominville?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#28 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Jagr would have been nice, but he has a tendency of being a mercenary. No way we would be able to re-sign him. Wish we could have got him, but Holland likely has a more fitting target in mind.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#29 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

bruins got him

#30 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

Maybe Eriksson is available

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#31 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

Yep I'm being patient.

I have the exact same feelings. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#32 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,729 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

I think you have to look at the big picture here, all the teams landing the big rentals here do have one thing in common: they are contenders or close to be be STANLEY CUP contenders, the Detroit Red Wings aren't this year so why give up picks for rentals and I highly doubt the Flyers are dumb enough to let Couturier go.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#33 Jocke

Jocke

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Maybe Eriksson is available

Yes, please!

#34 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

He wouldn't be worth it AT ALL. He's on a 1 year contract at 4.5mil making him a rental. Is he good? Absolutely, but look at his trajectory when it comes to contracts. HE LIKES THE MONEY! There is zero percent chance he would re-sign with this team because we aren't going to give him an outrageous contract that he would want to get. So, why would we ever trade some of our future for simply Jagr for the next what 10 games? That's a no-brainer NO for this franchise.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#35 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,856 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

Making zero moves at a deadline isn't necessarily a bad thing. In fact, one of the reasons our prospect pool is so deep is because Holland isn't willing to part with our young guys simply for the sake of a trade.

#36 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

I am surprised Dallas moved him, guess they are fully giving up on playoffs this year.

I'd love to have gotten Jagr, but as others have rightly pointed out, price was too high.

Would Jagr have improved our chances at a cup, yes, would we still have been quite the longshot to win it all, most definitely.  Not worth a pick and two prospects (assuming the two prospects Boston gave up are decent).

#37 btone

btone

Flomar

• 10 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

Jagr to the Bruins, poor choice by the Bruins to send away two prospects and a pick.... At most Jagr was worth a 2nd round pick

#38 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

Jagr to the Bruins, poor choice by the Bruins to send away two prospects and a pick.... At most Jagr was worth a 2nd round pick

I disagree. Jagr is the leading scorer on Dallas, and has more points than all but two of our players this season. The two prospects will likely never play in the NHL, so they are not worth very much. Picks are also not worth much, as they are also very unlikely to generate an NHL player.

Every premium player, Jagr, Meester, Iginla, have so far been traded away for nothing. The prices are rock bottom.

• Nev likes this

#39 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

I disagree. Jagr is the leading scorer on Dallas, and has more points than all but two of our players this season. The two prospects will likely never play in the NHL, so they are not worth very much. Picks are also not worth much, as they are also very unlikely to generate an NHL player.

Every premium player, Jagr, Meester, Iginla, have so far been traded away for nothing. The prices are rock bottom.

MacDermid has already played a few NHL games. With S. Thornton on the decline, I expected Macdermid to take his place after next season. Payne is another tough player, but with a little more skill, that could be a 3rd/4th liner. They aren't great prospects, but there aren't many players that can fight, skate, and chip in offensively in the NHL.

#40 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

Here's the thing though....Boston trades a 2nd rounder and two prospects that aren't top 10 guys (so I'm assuming they're between 11-17)...for us that would be a 2nd round pick and two ofJake Pattersson, Frk, Pulkkinen, Marchenko, Tvrdon. (Per RWC)

I hope you get my point...

Also...Iginla gave Calgary no leverage and the whole four teams he chose knew that he wouldn't go anywhere else. His situation is too unique to include in tour assessment.

Edited by achildr1, 02 April 2013 - 01:26 PM.