• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Could Kenny be working on something HUGE?

Rate this topic

AO is awesome...needs a change of scenery, would cost us WAAAY too much. but....3 year window for pav/hank/ovie to get cup.

would that be worth the loss to improve teams drawing power to players?

hmmmm.

as for the real world...trades are cool but,

i can see both sides of the argument...on one hand, yea..its not worth the 1 month of "player" to risk a new young body drafted to play for years, or giving up on a few picks for a vet that "may" be good for 2-3yrs.

but on the other, if you trade away a player prospect or pick on a young player, say mid/late 20's the gamble is worth the risk.

i want streit/yandle/bogo on D...Streit is old, but good...if we were in better position he would be worth it only to go all in.

yandle is mid aged...good solid performer...but is he the D leader?

bogo is young...very worth it...but not ready to lead the D.

On offense, i want burmistrov, fleishmann TODAY!

fleishmann could be had for a resonable amount, emmerton/kindl or mid pick. this would be the gamble.

and burmi...the coach is grumpy with him...THIS i would trade fil and pick for.

so...i get it...is the juice worth the squeeze?

all i know is, we need serious help on the D to lead out pass, and we need a "buddy/russian" for pav to lean him into staying on for another contract.

I genuinely believe there will be no moves today, not even "depth" moves. I agree with Kenny's statement saying we basically have enough depth, its the top few players we're missing.

The price will be too high though and nothing will happen in the hopes of being able to add in the off-season.

I wish we were either buyers or sellers though as that at least shows intent. The current passive approach is just accepting more mediocrity in my opinion.

Edited by BigWinston

The price will be too high though and nothing will happen in the hopes of being able to add in the off-season.

Will there ever be a time from now when the price isn't high to get star players? I mean, we can't just always wait and see and hold on to cap space forever. The reason we have too many depth guys right now is because we refuse to trade them or package them with mid-tier players and picks in order to take a chance on a more proven commodity. Oftentimes potential is valued more than actual performance, which is why sometimes you have to trade potential for a good return. Instead, most of our prospects overripe, gain some NHL experience and lose their potential value and now have tangible 3rd, 4th line value which can't be traded for quality.

Their value essentially decreases.

Edited by SuperCalaFilppulastic!

This is FUNNY

Whenever i need a good laugh I go to HockeyBuzz lol :lol:

Brian Campbell to the Wings?

Told it was possible....we we will see..
Source: Eklund

Filppula in high demand

While it sounds like the Red Wings will hold onto him and try to re-sign him there are some scenarios which could see that change...See the rumor above..

What irritates me the most is that standing pat is fine if you've got a good team, but when your team has been woefully inadequate for the last four years, how do you justify doing nothing? Holland says "we like our team". I respond...why? They've continuously gotten worse and proved nothing when it matters.

What's to like? They aren't as bad as Calgary or Columbus?

Aren't we supposed to aim a little higher than that in "Hockeytown"?

But thats the problem with being a tweener team like Detroit. We're not good enough like Pittsburgh or Boston to make a big move and really go for it. We're not bad enough like Calgary to blow it all up.

We could turn into the '71 Canadiens as our hot goalie leads a mixture of promising kids and aging stars to one last hurrah. Or we could fizzle out like last year. This Wings team really is like a box of chocolates.

Guest Crymson

It's nice to be optimistic but no way this happens. I fully expect to see no moves today for Detroit. I always was SO EXCITED for trade deadline day... Not so much anymore. Detroit as a franchise doesn't wheel and deal much anymore. It's depressing... Especially in a situation where we need to (like this year). The salary cap has but a huge damper on trade deadline day as well. I except to see only 3-5 trades today tops... And none that are of huge significance or *blockbuster* status.

I've got news for you: hardly anyone makes big deals at the deadline anymore. TSN said this morning that thus far in NHL history, there have been 845 trades on deadline day... and zero of those have happened today. The parity era has obliterated the trade deadline. There are simply too few sellers, and so those teams who are in a position to sell demand ridiculous prices, and the rest have no inclination to do something. No team wants its fanbase to say, "Hey, we were only four points out of the race... why did you lose the season for us by trading away a bunch of assets?"

TSN's deadline show used to be fast-paced and exciting. Today they're sitting around mentioning waiver pickups and talking about how bored they are, and the main subject of today has been the Kiprusoff trade that didn't happen. One of them just made a banana joke.

That's just how it is now. It's not just us sitting around, wishing something big would happen for our team. It's almost everybody.

Guest Crymson

AO is awesome...needs a change of scenery, would cost us WAAAY too much. but....3 year window for pav/hank/ovie to get cup.

would that be worth the loss to improve teams drawing power to players?

hmmmm.

as for the real world...trades are cool but,

i can see both sides of the argument...on one hand, yea..its not worth the 1 month of "player" to risk a new young body drafted to play for years, or giving up on a few picks for a vet that "may" be good for 2-3yrs.

but on the other, if you trade away a player prospect or pick on a young player, say mid/late 20's the gamble is worth the risk.

i want streit/yandle/bogo on D...Streit is old, but good...if we were in better position he would be worth it only to go all in.

yandle is mid aged...good solid performer...but is he the D leader?

bogo is young...very worth it...but not ready to lead the D.

On offense, i want burmistrov, fleishmann TODAY!

fleishmann could be had for a resonable amount, emmerton/kindl or mid pick. this would be the gamble.

and burmi...the coach is grumpy with him...THIS i would trade fil and pick for.

so...i get it...is the juice worth the squeeze?

all i know is, we need serious help on the D to lead out pass, and we need a "buddy/russian" for pav to lean him into staying on for another contract.

This is an example of a post that does not have its feet on the ground. You want Streit? Well, Snow has openly said he isn't isn't moving him. You want Burmistrov and Bogosian? Well, Winnipeg is currently leading its division and would dearly like to make the playoffs. Why would Cheveldayoff break up his team?

Fleischmann is, I suppose, a possibility. This depends on price, as with anything. That price, however, will likely be high; Fleischmann is one of the team's best players, and he has two more seasons left on his contract at a reasonable price. I do not think that Florida will let him go.

You can say "I want" as much as you'd like, but unfortunately you're not likely to have that desire fulfilled---and the factors going into that are almost certainly going to be weighted much more heavily toward the market itself than toward KH.

Edited by Crymson

I've got news for you: hardly anyone makes big deals at the deadline anymore. TSN said this morning that thus far in NHL history, there have been 845 trades on deadline day... and zero of those have happened today. The parity era has obliterated the trade deadline. There are simply too few sellers, and so those teams who are in a position to sell demand ridiculous prices, and the rest have no inclination to do something. No team wants its fanbase to say, "Hey, we were only four points out of the race... why did you lose the season for us by trading away a bunch of assets?"

TSN's deadline show used to be fast-paced and exciting. Today they're sitting around mentioning waiver pickups and talking about how bored they are, and the main subject of today has been the Kiprusoff trade that didn't happen. One of them just made a banana joke.

That's just how it is now. It's not just us sitting around, wishing something big would happen for our team. It's almost everybody.

Catch when they were talking about who had the better shot hitting the water bottles off the nets? lol

Not that any of this needs to be shot down, but Kha(aaaa)n just tweeted that Filppula is on the ice for practice. So there's that. Only noteworthy because it could have other implications.

I'll be happy when this is over so I can go back to not following any hockey analysts / reporters / beat writers / rumor mongers on twitter.

Guest Crymson

Ken Holland sucks, so no, nothing happens.

28/30 GMs suck, then, because that's how many of them haven't acquired significant pieces.

Are you sure you aren't ignoring a bit of perspective here?