• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilzyme

Babcock loving this young group, Abby thinks any team can win it, and

Rate this topic

Without roster limits, they need to be fielding the best team in order to give this team the best chance at ending this season on a great note and into the playoffs with some confidence. What scares me is that even with roster limits removed and waivers gone, we're still not going to see Tatar up in the big show. I really think he's going to stay down there for the rest of the season. They've said that Andersson has proven his worth, and Nyquist hasn't gotten the true opportunity that he needs, but that Tatar just had better opportunity. They said he did good, but immediately with Lashoff they said, "Come after Wednesday, he's immediately back with us." They haven't said ANYTHING to that extent with Tatar. You have zero excuses now Babs, play the boys that will give you heart and drive ontop of bringing some skill in the bottom 6.

IMO we have a decent team, I don't think we have a team that can go all the way. I know as a fan I should support my team all the way but reality is that we have a pretty young Defensive Corps that is still learning and making young people mistakes and I can't see that instantly changing from Regurlar Season To Playoffs. Not saying that I don't still have high hopes for the Wings this season but our younger players have to go through this learning curve just as all of our other players of the past did. Just like Liddy, Holmsy, and yes even Yzerman at one time. Hopefully the Wings will prove me wrong and take us back to the Promised Land but at this point I really don't see that happening.

I know that any team can win it once you make the playoffs, but I wouldn't bank on dumb luck like Holland seems to be doing.

I'm not giving up on this team, they could surprise us and magically click and get hot in the playoffs. They've gotten hot before (not this year, though, so maybe we're due), but not making any moves doesn't help us any.

The strategy seems to be to muddle through as best they can. We've got very solid players, but we have very serious holes in every area except goal, and all the work ethic in the world doesn't matter if we can't match up against other teams.

Well Abby is simply dumb if he thinks this roster has any shot. Even if Franzen caught fire and we suffered no injuries this team would not be able to sustain a high enough level of play. Instead I'll root for us to continue our playoff streak, look for improvement in our younger players, and root for Dats to make 2nd allstar team and the Selke.

By LGW logic...Pitt needs to win the Cup this year or their GM is af****** idiot for making all these moves correct?

Pittsburgh needs to lose 4 straight in the 1st round and go f*** themselves.

Well Abby is simply dumb if he thinks this roster has any shot. Even if Franzen caught fire and we suffered no injuries this team would not be able to sustain a high enough level of play. Instead I'll root for us to continue our playoff streak, look for improvement in our younger players, and root for Dats to make 2nd allstar team and the Selke.

He's in the top 6. His medula oblongata is out of wack and he thinks the 4 point game he had is gonna be a regular showings in the playoffs. He already bought a red carpet to roll out for when they deliver the imaginary cup to his house.

Without roster limits, they need to be fielding the best team in order to give this team the best chance at ending this season on a great note and into the playoffs with some confidence. What scares me is that even with roster limits removed and waivers gone, we're still not going to see Tatar up in the big show. I really think he's going to stay down there for the rest of the season. They've said that Andersson has proven his worth, and Nyquist hasn't gotten the true opportunity that he needs, but that Tatar just had better opportunity. They said he did good, but immediately with Lashoff they said, "Come after Wednesday, he's immediately back with us." They haven't said ANYTHING to that extent with Tatar. You have zero excuses now Babs, play the boys that will give you heart and drive ontop of bringing some skill in the bottom 6.

That's cause the AHL's Calder Cup is where it's at! I hope we see a 2nd line of Cleary-Franzen-Sammy in game 1 of the playoffs. Franzen at centre would showcase his hustle.

So am I legitimately the only one that's gonna back Abby up and say that anyone in the top 8 can win it?

Yes, there's a certain formula for the low seeds that go a long way.

#1: They are usually scrappy, and physical.

#2: They usually are riding a really hot goalie and a good defense.

#3: They usually do it when the Wings are supposed to win it all.

But seriously, the Wings don't have the kind of depth or makeups that the last few teams that were low seeds that went far did, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Edited by Shaman464

So am I legitimately the only one that's gonna back Abby up and say that anyone in the top 8 can win it?

I do too, but don't say it too loudly, the LGW doom and gloomers will suck all of our hopeful optimism from us, with numbers and logic and stuff. What they don't realize is that a team with heart and fire can outwork the most talented team in the world

Yes, there's a certain formula for the low seeds that go a long way.

#1: They are usually scrappy, and physical.

#2: They usually are riding a really hot goalie and a good defense.

#3: They usually do it when the Wings are supposed to win it all.

when was the last time the wings were suppose to win it all, that a low seed team made a deep run?

I definitely think so too, but with the lineup decisions we're seeing with this team I don't know.

Holland/Babcock actually seems to think we should have Cleary and Abdelkader in our top 6. That Tatar isn't NHL ready. That playmakers like Nyquist and Datsyuk should be playing with...grinders.

IF, and that's a BIG if, the right group of players are in the lineup, and are put together in the right way, I think we'll see some sparks.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Brunner

Filppula-Zetterberg-Miller

Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar

Abdelkader-Emmerton-Tootoo

Assuming Helm and Bert don't get/stay healthy.

Our defense could be our downfall in the playoffs, but we have to put our hopes in Dekeyeser being solid and everyone saving their best hockey for last.

I definitely think so too, but with the lineup decisions we're seeing with this team I don't know.

Holland/Babcock actually seems to think we should have Cleary and Abdelkader in our top 6. That Tatar isn't NHL ready. That playmakers like Nyquist and Datsyuk should be playing with...grinders.

IF, and that's a BIG if, the right group of players are in the lineup, and are put together in the right way, I think we'll see some sparks.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Brunner

Filppula-Zetterberg-Miller

Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar

Abdelkader-Emmerton-Tootoo

Assuming Helm and Bert don't get/stay healthy.

Our defense could be our downfall in the playoffs, but we have to put our hopes in Dekeyeser being solid and everyone saving their best hockey for last.

unfortunately Tatar will not be in the lineup, as someone else mentioned, we have apparently used all of our call ups for the year, and can only call up GR players in emergencies now

I do too, but don't say it too loudly, the LGW doom and gloomers will suck all of our hopeful optimism from us, with numbers and logic and stuff. What they don't realize is that a team with heart and fire can outwork the most talented team in the world

when was the last time the wings were suppose to win it all, that a low seed team made a deep run?

That was a joke based on when Anaheim, Calgary, and Edmonton upset stocked Wings teams and went onto the finals.

Sunday was not a clear representation of hawks v wings. fluke game, took them to OT and SO in the 2 matchups already played.

And although its unlikely, why cant our offense just turn it on and get hot for a month. Once we get Z back thats hopefully a boost for filp and Brunner. Franzen is capable, just streaky.

Anything can happen.

Name me the last team similar to the 2013 Red Wings in style of play and talent, that won the Stanley Cup?

I challenge anyone here to answer this post.

I'm tired of the anything can happen bulls***.

Name me the last team similar to the 2013 Red Wings in style of play and talent, that won the Stanley Cup?

Someone mentioned the 71 Habs. No idea how accurate that is. It worked 40 years ago I guess!

Someone mentioned the 71 Habs. No idea how accurate that is. It worked 40 years ago I guess!

LOFL :lol:

Jean Believeau

Jacques Lemaire

Ken Dryden

Guy Lapointe

Henri Richard

Serge Savard

Pete Mahovlich

Yvan Cournoyer

Rogie Vachon

Does this roster remind you of the limp d*cked 2013 Red Wings? Whoever mentioned that should never watch hockey again.

I don't know how you can be tired of it when it is grossly outnumbered here by negative posts like yours.

LOFL :lol:

Jean Believeau

Jacques Lemaire

Ken Dryden

Guy Lapointe

Henri Richard

Serge Savard

Pete Mahovlich

Yvan Cournoyer

Rogie Vachon

Does this roster remind you of the limp d*cked 2013 Red Wings? Whoever mentioned that should never watch hockey again.

Well we got Ian White, Danny Cleary, and Kyle Quincey. Not to mention Bert and Sammy coming back from injury they might as well be deadline additions. :bye:

I don't know how you can be tired of it when it is grossly outnumbered here by negative posts like yours.

Hard not to be negative when it's clearly the worst Red Wings roster since.. I don't know before Fedorov was drafted?

Edited by Number19

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

if abdelkader honestly thinks that this team can win the cup, then he's as dumb off the ice as he is on it.

Well we got Ian White, Danny Cleary, and Kyle Quincey. Not to mention Bert and Sammy coming back from injury they might as well be deadline additions. :bye:

Hard not to be negative when it's clearly the worst Red Wings roster since.. I don't know before Fedorov was drafted?

I understand that. It doesn't mean that people should feel obligated to take every opportunity to spread their doom and gloom every time a miniscule ray of sun shines through the proverbial rain cloud of negativity that is this board.

I understand that. It doesn't mean that people should feel obligated to take every opportunity to spread their doom and gloom every time a miniscule ray of sun shines through the proverbial rain cloud of negativity that is this board.

This coming from a guy named barabbas. :sleepy:

unfortunately Tatar will not be in the lineup, as someone else mentioned, we have apparently used all of our call ups for the year, and can only call up GR players in emergencies now

Actually, I believe that only applies to the regular season. So, if that is the case, Tatar could be used as a black ace during the playoffs. Sucks he can't be used during these last 12 games. I could see the team getting hot going into the playoffs and Babcock not wanting to mess with any combinations, so Tatar probably wouldn't even get used. BUT, at the same time I think Babcock would switch Goose and Tatar in/out during a 7 game series if needed.

This coming from a guy named barabbas. :sleepy:

And your point is what - that my posts are discounted somehow because of my user name? I don't see how that is relevant at all.

Or are you just saying that you don't have a legitimate response and just want to go on being negative and raining on any parades that may spring up on the board? And if someone doesn't like it, well then you'll just turn your negative comments to their user names?

if abdelkader honestly thinks that this team can win the cup, then he's as dumb off the ice as he is on it.

Well I've heard some of the players nickname Abs and Helm "Dumb and Dumber".

Also, wanted to share a couple quotes I found humorous. First one by Babcock:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/04/red_wings_coach_mike_babcock_c_1.html

“I never ever felt like we were going to do anything, to be honest with you,'' Babcock said. “Kind of like what we’ve got going and the direction we’re heading. We’ve got some kids that are really coming.

“We’re trying to figure out which kids will help us be successful. There are a few more kids in the minors, particularly (Riley) Sheahan I’d like to have a look at as well.''

I'm sure he likes the challenge of teaching these kids and staying competitive, since they'll actually listen to him and not tune him out. But what I found funny was he already knows what the drill is when it comes to the trade deadline.

Holland:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/04/red_wings_gm_ken_holland_made.html

“We played (Monday) and there wasn’t (Henrik) Zetterberg, Samuelsson, Bertuzzi, Helm, (Kyle) Quincey,'' Holland said. “If we can get those five guys in the lineup (within) two weeks, I couldn’t do any better moves than (that). And if they don’t come back, it probably doesn’t matter what moves you make.''

You see guys, he never said that famous line...oh wait, that cunning bastard...

But, he was trying to get a trade done. I felt we needed a player or two to make a push in the playoffs in my opinion, but it appears that "the asking price was too high," or rather, Kenny tried to undercut his offers by offering lower picks/prospects the other GMs didn't like.

With that said, I'm not mad. Kinda glad we kept our prospects. I actually wish that if he did make a trade that it would be for picks instead, but to each their own. Guess we'll ride out another empty season.

Edited by dropkickshanahans

Well I've heard some of the players nickname Abs and Helm "Dumb and Dumber".

Also, wanted to share a couple quotes I found humorous. First one by Babcock:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/04/red_wings_coach_mike_babcock_c_1.html

I'm sure he likes the challenge of teaching these kids and staying competitive, since they'll actually listen to him and not tune him out. But what I found funny was he already knows what the drill is when it comes to the trade deadline.

Holland:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/04/red_wings_gm_ken_holland_made.html

You see guys, he never said that famous line...oh wait, that cunning bastard...

But, he was trying to get a trade done. I felt we needed a player or two to make a push in the playoffs in my opinion, but it appears that "the asking price was too high," or rather, Kenny tried to undercut his offers by offering lower picks/prospects the other GMs didn't like.

With that said, I'm not mad. Kinda glad we kept our prospects. I actually wish that if he did make a trade that it would be for picks instead, but to each their own. Guess we'll ride out another empty season.

:lol: Man he's getting good at this.

And your point is what - that my posts are discounted somehow because of my user name? I don't see how that is relevant at all.

Or are you just saying that you don't have a legitimate response and just want to go on being negative and raining on any parades that may spring up on the board? And if someone doesn't like it, well then you'll just turn your negative comments to their user names?

I make my posts because I believe in what I say. I don't need a legitimate reason to back up speaking my mind.

The user name thing was a joke. I make them occasionally to stay sane.

And what parades are you talking about? It's just me disagreeing with other posters. No one here is having a parade.

Edited by GMRwings1983