• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Official NHL Trade Deadline thread

Rate this topic

Wings were in it on Bouwmeester but not willing to move a 1st-rd pick in the package. Which frankly, for Detroit, was right call

Good to see that Kenny isn't going to give up that 1st round pick so easily. With such a deep draft this coming offseason, I'd be surprised to see the Wings make many trades involving draft picks.

Our D and G positions are fine long term. yes youth makes mistakes. That is part of the growing process. I am fine with that. If we can add 2 RHed shots along the way, great. But other than that, no issues with the D long term. Forwards are the issue and have been. We still control the pcuk most of the time in most games. no one is putting it into the net on a regular basis. No one is crashing the boards and pounding the other teams D. No one is setting up in front of the other team G and being a pain in the a$$. Those are the issues, most of us have seen this for a couple of years. More size, toughness, and sniping is needed. We have play makers and checkers. if we can somehow find 2 big scoring forwards, this is a very different team. But size alone solves nothing. Do the guys in question use their size? Franzen and Sammy are perfect examples of bigger guys that don't play that way. We don't need more guys like them. We need guys like Bert when he was 27-32. 25+ goals, 150 PIM, and mobile.

Our D and G positions are fine long term. yes youth makes mistakes. That is part of the growing process. I am fine with that. If we can add 2 RHed shots along the way, great. But other than that, no issues with the D long term. Forwards are the issue and have been. We still control the pcuk most of the time in most games. no one is putting it into the net on a regular basis. No one is crashing the boards and pounding the other teams D. No one is setting up in front of the other team G and being a pain in the a$$. Those are the issues, most of us have seen this for a couple of years. More size, toughness, and sniping is needed. We have play makers and checkers. if we can somehow find 2 big scoring forwards, this is a very different team. But size alone solves nothing. Do the guys in question use their size? Franzen and Sammy are perfect examples of bigger guys that don't play that way. We don't need more guys like them. We need guys like Bert when he was 27-32. 25+ goals, 150 PIM, and mobile.

Lol, think of a 2 on 1 with Zetterberg and Filppula. 90% chance they don't give a shot off.

Pipe dream: Add Jagr for a mid-round pick and add Vanek/Gaborik for Fil+1st+something else.

Edited by vladdy16
Confirmed

Welp, teams around us sure are getting better.

Another move that I don't mind Holland not making. Can't help but wonder what his contract demands are if Dallas couldn't come to terms and the Wings simply don't need a rental or a 42 year-old winger potentially eating up a bunch of cap space. Jagr could have been a nice addition, but if Holland decided the Stars wanted too much (2 prospects and a pick?), then I'm okay with holding onto those assets for better moves.

I'd be interested in picking up Pominville. Past that there's not a lot out there being dangled I'd want to give up too much for. He could add some pop to the right side and when and if everyone is healthy it'll keep guys hopping to get in the lineup. I agree with Holland that they have plenty of depth on defense, enough for whatever playoff run may happen.

That being said I'd almost stand pat with this roster and this farm system. Things are going to open up BIG TIME this offseason with the allowed buyouts. Perhaps more teams from the west with players who would fit would be more likely to trade with the Wings when they have gone east.

I love my Red Wings and it is because of this I'll give them a reset on this abortion of a 48 game season if they lose in the first round or even miss the playoffs. The heavy lifting where this franchise will be built starts in July.

Not just that, but when teams have to re-sign their guys and shed salary at the same time, the Wings will be one of few teams that have cap space to get other teams good players. Also a big reason why I want the Wings to trade Flip, Quincey and White for picks. Open up roster spots and free up cash to make a decent signing or trade in the offseason.

I'm not worried unless we read

Marian Gaborik to some already stacked team for Used towels and half eaten pretzels.

or

Thomas Vanek traded to a different already stacked team for players that will never play in the NHL and Sidney Crosby's new gold grill.

All these guys are not guys I would consider adding to this Red Wing's team. I think the Wings are good enough to make the playoffs and see what happens. Then let this young D grow for another year, maybe make a deal for depth next year. Now this all can change by adding a Gaborik or a an Erickson.

Another move that I don't mind Holland not making. Can't help but wonder what his contract demands are if Dallas couldn't come to terms and the Wings simply don't need a rental or a 42 year-old winger potentially eating up a bunch of cap space. Jagr could have been a nice addition, but if Holland decided the Stars wanted too much (2 prospects and a pick?), then I'm okay with holding onto those assets for better moves.

No, I agree. It just kinda feels like the final dagger in a first round exit this year.

Why do so many of you want Holland to horde prospects? After years of letting our prospects over-ripen in Grad Rapids, we literally have a glut of prospects. Where are any of these guys supposed to play? We could deal 5 of our prospects and never miss them. They barely have room to fit in Tatar and Nyquist - where are they going to put the other 10 guys that are in waiting? Make a mega-deal for Vanek/Stafford/Pominville. Give them are first two picks and 5 prospects. I don't care who ... Jurco, Jarnkrok, Sproul, Mursak, Tatar, Nyqvist, Sheehan, Oullet, the list goes on and on. They're not accomplishing anything if they're gonna be stuck in GR for the next 3 years.

I think this is a great move for Vancouver, they now have center depth and with St. Louis, LA and Chicago loading up it was just natural to keep pace. These 4 are the top contenders in the west this year and the window is getting closer to be closed for some of them, so a desperate move? Maybe but a very good one.

Roy - Kesler as their second line will be quiete dangerous that said I am glad, Holland hasn't been in on the Roy sweepstakes the guy is a pure rental according to TSN looking at a 6m plus contract annually.

So with everything thats left, I think holding on to the picks and standing pat is the smartest move right now.

Why do so many of you want Holland to horde prospects? After years of letting our prospects over-ripen in Grad Rapids, we literally have a glut of prospects. Where are any of these guys supposed to play? We could deal 5 of our prospects and never miss them. They barely have room to fit in Tatar and Nyquist - where are they going to put the other 10 guys that are in waiting? Make a mega-deal for Vanek/Stafford/Pominville. Give them are first two picks and 5 prospects. I don't care who ... Jurco, Jarnkrok, Sproul, Mursak, Tatar, Nyqvist, Sheehan, Oullet, the list goes on and on. They're not accomplishing anything if they're gonna be stuck in GR for the next 3 years.

and there goes the future of our team, thank you alienanxiety, or should I call you brian burke??

While the Wings certainly do have a good number of prospects that could be used in a trade, giving up 2 of them and a pick for a 41 year-old rental winger to play for a team that (in my opinion) isn't a true Cup contender this season would be a waste.

If the Wings are getting Vanek for a few prospects and a pick/s, then yeah. But, so far I don't mind Kenny sitting on the Bouwmeester and Jagr deals.

Edited by Wings_Toledo

Jurco is in his 1st year in GR, Tatar and Nyquist are going to be full time Wings next year and good ones, Sheahan is in his 1st year, Jarnkrok just crossed the pond and has played a few games, Sproul and Ouellet are finishing their Jr years and will hopefully be up next year on GR and those 2 are about as untouchable as a prospect should get. Mursak cleared waivers, so his trade value is quite low.

This years draft is crazy deep. Trade our roster players that are taking the spots of Tatar and Nyquist and get more picks. The guys in the 1st round this year will likely develop at a higher rate and on top of that, there's maybe 2 or 3 guys in the whole 1st round projections under 6'0. Sign me up for drafting players this year and snagging higher quality pieces from teams that need to get back under the 64 mil cap set for next season. there should be a lot of players available, and when GM's have to shed salary, values go down. This summer is a much more viable option for getting the most on trades.