• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Official NHL Trade Deadline thread

Rate this topic

Jurco is in his 1st year in GR, Tatar and Nyquist are going to be full time Wings next year and good ones, Sheahan is in his 1st year, Jarnkrok just crossed the pond and has played a few games, Sproul and Ouellet are finishing their Jr years and will hopefully be up next year on GR and those 2 are about as untouchable as a prospect should get. Mursak cleared waivers, so his trade value is quite low.

This years draft is crazy deep. Trade our roster players that are taking the spots of Tatar and Nyquist and get more picks. The guys in the 1st round this year will likely develop at a higher rate and on top of that, there's maybe 2 or 3 guys in the whole 1st round projections under 6'0. Sign me up for drafting players this year and snagging higher quality pieces from teams that need to get back under the 64 mil cap set for next season. there should be a lot of players available, and when GM's have to shed salary, values go down. This summer is a much more viable option for getting the most on trades.

I'd never trade any of these guys for Jagr, but I'd do it for Vanek and Pominville or Gaborik.

But back to my original point ... where are these guys going to play? if not for injuries this year, we wouldn't have seen more than one of the kids that are up now up, at any given time. tatar might have come up for a bit, then nyquist, but none of the others for sure. we just have way too many guys backed up in the system.

Agreed, we will eventually have to give up a couple of our prospects. We can't ice a team of rookies. Not a firesale mind you, but we do have some spare parts. Patterson, for instance. He would be coming in at a time when Howard and Mrazek should both be NHL starters. Where does he fit?

Agreed, we will eventually have to give up a couple of our prospects. We can't ice a team of rookies. Not a firesale mind you, but we do have some spare parts. Patterson, for instance. He would be coming in at a time when Howard and Mrazek should both be NHL starters. Where does he fit?

I don't think you want to mess with your goaltending prospects.. .other than McCollum of course. You need to be ready for a prospect who has promise to maybe land flat once they get to the NHL level... that's why you need more than 1 viable option in the prospect pool. Now forwards, that's a different scenario.... make some moves Kenny!

I think this is a great move for Vancouver, they now have center depth and with St. Louis, LA and Chicago loading up it was just natural to keep pace. These 4 are the top contenders in the west this year and the window is getting closer to be closed for some of them, so a desperate move? Maybe but a very good one.

Roy - Kesler as their second line will be quiete dangerous that said I am glad, Holland hasn't been in on the Roy sweepstakes the guy is a pure rental according to TSN looking at a 6m plus contract annually.

So with everything thats left, I think holding on to the picks and standing pat is the smartest move right now.

Figured I'd post the sauce for you

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nhl/story/_/id/9125386/source-dallas-stars-trade-center-derek-roy-vancouver-canucks

I don't see the Rangers moving Gaborik before the season ends. With them battling for a playoff position I just don't see them making any major moves until the off season. I would be all for Kenny making a trade for him but I think the asking price would be too high and they would want draft picks we can't afford to give up this year.

Pominville or Vanek seem like more realistic options for us right now.

Good to see that Kenny isn't going to give up that 1st round pick so easily. With such a deep draft this coming offseason, I'd be surprised to see the Wings make many trades involving draft picks.

Kind of hilarious considering the Quincey trade...

Kind of hilarious considering the Quincey trade...

And our last 1st rounder that is on the roster...Kindl...

Not that he's bad, but he sure didn't live up to being a 1st.

I'm ok with trading Patterson, but I think its a year early for that.

There is a fantastic chance he'll be the starting goalie for Canada at the World Juniors and there will be a lot of hype around Canada's team as they seek to win their first title in a few years after dominating the tournament for so long.

If he can backstop the team to the gold his value will skyrocket and he could potentially be the centerpiece of a big trade. If they/he fails I don't think it hurts his value much at all and we can still include him as part of a package like some of the ones proposed now.

And our last 1st rounder that is on the roster...Kindl...

Not that he's bad, but he sure didn't live up to being a 1st.

So why don't we just conceade to the fact that first rounders are a useless commodity and trade them away every year...jokes on the other 29 NHL teams. That said, our first round history isn't great, but it would be nice not to bank on 7th rounders turning into gems every couple years.

I will bet right now, $20, that the Red Wings first round pick this year will never play a single game in the NHL. Late 1st round picks might as well be 2nd round picks at that point. And a 1st round pick only has a 50-50 shot at even playing in the NHL at all. Picks are over-valued, especially for play-off teams. Get rid of them picks Kenny!

Just curious but out of our top 10 ranked prospects how many are first rounders?

Just Sheahan I believe. But LOTS of 2nd and 3rd rounders as lately Kenny developed the habit of trading our 1st for extra picks in the 2nd + 3rd rounds.

Just Sheahan I believe. But LOTS of 2nd and 3rd rounders as lately Kenny developed the habit of trading our 1st for extra picks in the 2nd + 3rd rounds.

Oh right yes he always does that. I'm always watching the first round waiting for the wings to pick and he trades it. Waste of a night lol. But it is smart.

So anyways yes 1 out of our top 10 is a first. And I would say we have one of the best and probably deepest pools in thre league.

So why not trade a first and a couple prospects for an established star in there prime to play with pavel

Here's the thing I don't understand about Kenny's philosophy. He doesn't want to do something and get worse, but he also doesn't realize that by doing nothing and getting older, you are getting worse. Each year he doesn't do anything, our already aging core gets a year older. And there's nothing on the horizon to suggest that we've got a new core in the making. Even our highly touted prospects aren't the next great wave or Red Wings. The next wave would have been guys Abby, Helm, Kindl, and Ericsson's age, and if that's our new core then watch out.

If he continues to do nothing and hopes that internal growth will fix these problems, he's likely to lose Datsyuk and Flip, while Z, Kronwall, and Franzen decline and there will be NOBODY there to pick up that slack.

Unless, of course, you think Nyquist and Tatar are the answer. I don't.

Here's the thing I don't understand about Kenny's philosophy. He doesn't want to do something and get worse, but he also doesn't realize that by doing nothing and getting older, you are getting worse. Each year he doesn't do anything, our already aging core gets a year older. And there's nothing on the horizon to suggest that we've got a new core in the making. Even our highly touted prospects aren't the next great wave or Red Wings. The next wave would have been guys Abby, Helm, Kindl, and Ericsson's age, and if that's our new core then watch out.

If he continues to do nothing and hopes that internal growth will fix these problems, he's likely to lose Datsyuk and Flip, while Z, Kronwall, and Franzen decline and there will be NOBODY there to pick up that slack.

Unless, of course, you think Nyquist and Tatar are the answer. I don't.

I totally agree. And it's not like he doesn't trade and does all his business on July 1st. He does nothing. This has been the exact same team for 4 years, except we are older and have lost 3 top 4 d-men, one being a HOF'er, other being great d-man, and the other being a rock. What have we brought in? Nothing!

I'm so sick of holland doing nothing. He's wasting the last few years of a legendary career in pavel datsyuk, just like he did with lids.

Worst part is that he refuses to play young players that are ready to produce

Just curious but out of our top 10 ranked prospects how many are first rounders?

Sheahan. Only Sheahan.

Agreed.

Kenny then gives Bert a contract extension, and signs Sammy this off season...Our youth at the forward positions are getting an audition, but so far our "best" prospects who are Dmen are still developing in GR...Pierre McGuire mentioned of "loaded" we are concerning our future on defense - however it's a bit too early to tell if they'll become legit Dmen at the NHL level.

If there's anyone available as trade bait I certainly hope it's Franzen...I'm so sick of watching him float around.

If we could get a 1st for Flip and a 1st for Franzen I'd be quite excited.

Sheahan. Only Sheahan.

If we could get a 1st for Flip and a 1st for Franzen I'd be quite excited.

The way its been going, we shouldn't have a problem getting at least a first and 2 prospects for franzen, and at least a first and a prospect for fil