• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Official NHL Trade Deadline thread

Rate this topic

Why do so many of you want Holland to horde prospects? After years of letting our prospects over-ripen in Grad Rapids, we literally have a glut of prospects. Where are any of these guys supposed to play? We could deal 5 of our prospects and never miss them. They barely have room to fit in Tatar and Nyquist - where are they going to put the other 10 guys that are in waiting? Make a mega-deal for Vanek/Stafford/Pominville. Give them are first two picks and 5 prospects. I don't care who ... Jurco, Jarnkrok, Sproul, Mursak, Tatar, Nyqvist, Sheehan, Oullet, the list goes on and on. They're not accomplishing anything if they're gonna be stuck in GR for the next 3 years.

How about 2 firsts and a second for player X ...sounds very familar with one of the worst trades ever ? :-)

Want examples how this strategy would turn out? Look no further than the old Mapleleafs or Calgary Flames.

Edited by frankgrimes

i would not consider wings cup contenders without tradeS

I think they will be luck to make the playoffs with no moves

They won't make the playoffs without any moves. Edmonton and Columbus are looking to add and are playing great right now. San Jose has won 5 in a row. St. Louis just beat Minnesota to snap a skid. Everyone below us is getting better while we're staying the same. This is going to be on helluva collapse. Bank on that.

Ken Holland won't do anything. He will come out after the deadline and say he was active and the prices were too high. He will say that the return of Bert and Helm will make him like this team. The Red Wings will either slide into a 7-8th spot and get killed in the first round or they will miss the playoffs altogether. The Cup will go to a team that improves year after year. Next years team will look exactly how it looks today but Fil will be handed a big sack of money that he does not deserve.

Jeez that was depressing to write and I really hope i am wrong. What ever happened to the win at all costs days???

We have been under the cap now for a while. It is not all salary cap when other teams improve every year.

Exactly! Last year and this year have both been years where we have sat on money. Everybody else has had no problems making moves. Why can't we?

They won't make the playoffs without any moves. Edmonton and Columbus are looking to add and are playing great right now. San Jose has won 5 in a row. St. Louis just beat Minnesota to snap a skid. Everyone below us is getting better while we're staying the same. This is going to be on helluva collapse. Bank on that.

The Red Wings are closer to 4th than Columbus is to them in 10th. In the past ten games, the Red Wings have 12 points, Columbus 13 and Edmonton 14. The Blues got better, but "looking to add" doesn't really make the Oilers/Jackets any more suited to make the playoffs than Detroit right now.

Ken Holland won't do anything. He will come out after the deadline and say he was active and the prices were too high. He will say that the return of Bert and Helm will make him like this team. The Red Wings will either slide into a 7-8th spot and get killed in the first round or they will miss the playoffs altogether. The Cup will go to a team that improves year after year. Next years team will look exactly how it looks today but Fil will be handed a big sack of money that he does not deserve.

Jeez that was depressing to write and I really hope i am wrong. What ever happened to the win at all costs days???

hear of the cap

Edited by sjr2012

3, second round picks from a team that is the lowest scoring in the league for a guy who has 0 goals this year.

This solidifies in my mind that we should be selling right now. The prices are too outrageous to be looking to add to our team.

If this team lost Franzen and Flipulla, we would be at the bottom of the conference. The Wings only have 4 legitimate top 6 forwards (not counting Brunner who is a potential top 6). If we lost two of them, we would be screwed. You can't just stick two wingers with Dats and Z and expect offense. The guys are having a hard enough time scoring already.

A first round pick does not equal a top 6 forward, or a top 4 defenseman. A first round pick in fact the majority of the time equals not playing in the NHL at all. The Wings have a good core, we literally need a top 6 forward and a top 2 D-man, or two top 6 forwards to be a legitimate contender for the Cup. We got two solid goalies, a group of solid rookies, and an extremely solid top 4 forwards. Datsyuk will be gone soon. Zetterberg and Franzen are becoming less effective. We have 1-2 seasons left at a chance for a cup. As soon as Datsyuk leaves, this team will tank. Might as well try and win a Cup while we stil can.

The Wings are drowning, DROWNING, in prospects. How many legitimate goalie prospects do we have? Half a dozen. If Holland is going to do anything, he might as well ditch the dead-weight on the team and get picks. The team has so many players who are not needed, he should just refresh them by trading them for picks.

The real question is, if you trade Flipulla for a 1st round pick, what is the probability of getting a player (who in the future) will be better or equal to Flipulla. If I had to make a guess, I would say less than 10%, and that's being generous.

Sheahan. Only Sheahan.

If we could get a 1st for Flip and a 1st for Franzen I'd be quite excited.

Edited by TheOwl

I hope your wrong but I think that's what's going to happen...

That said, we shouldn't make desperation trades. Boston got fleeced for Jagr, Iginla didn't want to come here, and J-Bo wasn't worth what they wanted from us. Unless we make a surprise deal for a legit player (Vanek), we will still be a middling, first round exit type team. These really are the transition years guys. We really banked on/needed to sign Suter to stay a legit contender...but we didn't.