• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Official NHL Trade Deadline thread

Rate this topic

I'm sorry, but Flip is nothing compared to Doan and Kesler. You're talking about heart-and-soul guys who play physical at both ends of the ice, skate hard, and bury their chances when they get them. Filpulla's just here to collect a paycheck. He disappears and certainly isn't worth 5 mil a season. I doubt he's worth 4.

Sure I get they might have more a physical presence on the ice, but keep in mind that last season Filp put up 66pts, 10pts more than Franzen who really has no business on the ice if you're talking about putting out players that play with heart & soul. The truth is Filp is a player that can put up points, start plays and in my opinion the definition of a 2nd line center. If I wanted a physical center on our second line than Doan would be perfect, but what we want is someone who has vison.

I could see Kenny going aftet Enstrom or Babchuk...

He might call his okd buddy Reiger and ask for Stafford, Pominville or Vanek...

Wouldn't be surprised if he goes after Versteeg or Upshall...

Kris Versteeg is out for the season.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/red-wings-gm-ken-holland-tells-khan-pleiness-that-trades-are-unlikely-offer?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Well, I guess that's the end of that. He really WAS serious when he said that health would be our deadline moves. I'm getting so tired of this.

If Holland doesn't make a move tomorrow, he should part ways with the team in the offseason.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/red-wings-gm-ken-holland-tells-khan-pleiness-that-trades-are-unlikely-offer?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Well, I guess that's the end of that. He really WAS serious when he said that health would be our deadline moves. I'm getting so tired of this.

wow......talk about just sitting on your $%#@^%$ hands

I guess he doesnt care anymore about the wings getting in the playoffs which in terms makes me feel like mr holland doesnt care about the team anymore either....if he truly doesnt make a move than im telling you it will be luck that we get into the postseason this team has a rough scduale coming and right now its not capaible of going forward without our whole team....Helm wont be back this season bert wont produce and sammy is a bust with Z out right now it is causing alot of momentum shifting in the wrong direction so thats that i guess maybe i am wrong and im not looking at the bigger picture but if the bigger picture is sitting by and watching other teams getting better and a historic francise getting worse well than his doing a great job

Edited by sjr2012

But guys...can we really be surprised? Ken "Status Quo" Holland has been doing this for years. We have definite needs and money to spend and he sits on his hands.

Management gave up after Suter and Parise went elsewhere. I didn't want to believe it, but that's what happened. They threw in the towel. Kenny said it himself. He knew this team might not make the playoffs. That's a lack of confidence.

Babcock begged Lidstrom to come back during training camp. BEGGED. That's just embarassing.

And you know what? It didn't have to be this way. Instead of bringing the youth up and going after some players NOT named Ryan Suter and Zach Parise, he goes out and signs useless Band-Aids and essentially plays dice with the season. They knew it was going to be a "transitional/rebuilding year" long before the season started.

Well you know what? I'm not buying it. That's just a fancy way of saying "lost season".

Edited by DetroitRedWings1993

I'll give Holland through this upcoming offseason to improve the team..... If he sits on his hands again, I seriously think they need to demote him to assistant and put Nill in charge. We need to be an aggressive team and get out of this rut. Then whenever Yzerman's deal is up in Tampa, you press hard and offer him the head job.

But guys...can we really be surprised? Ken "Status Quo" Holland has been doing this for years. We have definite needs and money to spend and he sits on his hands.

Management gave up after Suter and Parise went elsewhere. I didn't want to believe it, but that's what happened. They threw in the towel. Kenny said it himself. He knew this team might not make the playoffs. That's a lack of confidence.

And you know what? It didn't have to be this way. Instead of bringing the youth up and going after some players NOT names Ryan Suter and Zach Parise, he goes out and signs useless Band-Aids and essentially plays dice with the season. They knew it was going to be a "transitional/rebuilding year" long before the season started.

Well you know what? I'm not buying it. That's just a fancy way of saying "lost season".

Yeah, it seems like Holland has built in excuses now to fail. Some of them are legit excuses, but if he thinks the situation is so hopeless every deadline/offseason, maybe he should step down.

It looks like he can't handle being a GM in today's NHL, where there's a salary cap and parity, and players don't flock to Detroit like they used to.

He always says the price is too high, but that's what prices are like now. It's the current market price. He says that and yet signs Sammy and Coca-Cola for contracts they don't deserve, and trades a first for an average player like Quincey.

Edited by GMRwings1983

i dont care anymore about trading for other teams players but i wanna see us get rid of guys we know arent coming back i dont expect holland to have the guts to trade filppula but keeping white who will be a heathy scratch rather than getting a 2nd or 3rd round pick is just stupid

White is our only right handed shot on the back end.... it's tough to trade something you have no other resources of. Having said, that, I wouldn't mind him being sent off for picks or in a package for something we need (Glencross comes to mind).

Babcock begged Lidstrom to come back during training camp. BEGGED. That's just embarassing.

And you know what? It didn't have to be this way. Instead of bringing the youth up and going after some players NOT named Ryan Suter and Zach Parise, he goes out and signs useless Band-Aids and essentially plays dice with the season. They knew it was going to be a "transitional/rebuilding year" long before the season started.

i totally agree how as a gm can you just GIVE UP on a francise that you made so sucessful i mean i fell like maybe his bored of the winning seasons and stanley cups i truly feel he wants a challenge or he just doesnt want to invest his time anymore if this is how he feels than just retire move on and let someone step in who will work on at least attempting to improve for the last 3 seasons what have we done? 2 second round beat downs from SJ and a pathetic 5 game beat down from the Preds and what moves has he made that didnt cause a rise in eyebrows

If you all think getting Helm back isn't a major addition to the team, you're dead wrong. Who cares if he doesn't make a move!!!!

I forgot helm was a 40 goal score who got GWG every night and dominated the league.........1 guy isnt going to do anything and his not looking good to return soon

If you all think getting Helm back isn't a major addition to the team, you're dead wrong. Who cares if he doesn't make a move!!!!

We do. Helm's not coming back. Accept it. No one has any clue what in the blue f*ck is wrong with him. Every time he gets close, he has a setback. We can't count on health. That's called desperation.

I forgot helm was a 40 goal score who got GWG every night and dominated the league.........1 guy isnt going to do anything and his not looking good to return soon

He should try getting to 17 before he gets to 40...

Holland doesn’t fail, for not making a trade.

However, how many times have we heard this?

1. Prices were high, Imma wait until the draft. That’s when all the trades happen.

2. Prices at the draft were to high to make a trade. Imma wait till July 1st and look at UFAs

3. Prices for UFAs were too high. We’ll save our cap and see what’s out there trade-wise this summer

4. Prices were too high in the summer, we’ll evaluate our team during the regular season and make a deal to get better, if need be.

5. Prices are too high right now, I’ll see where our team’s at by the trade deadline.

6. Prices too high at trade deadline, Imma wait until the draft.

Rinse. Repeat.