• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Official NHL Trade Deadline thread

Rate this topic

We do. Helm's not coming back. Accept it. No one has any clue what in the blue f*ck is wrong with him. Every time he gets close, he has a setback. We can't count on health. That's called desperation.

He should try getting to 17 before he gets to 40...

i forgot that someone couldn't be effective unless they scored 40 goals :P....

i just saw on sportsnet ... they were talking about past trade deadline deals that almost happened ..... flyers wanted to trade claude giroux when he was starting off in the ahl and was unknown to tampa bay for paul ranger and tampa said no

vancouver wanted to trade corey schneider to columbus for vancouver kid and supposed cant miss prospect gilbert brule

sometimes the best trades are the ones you dont make , some of you should think about that tomorrow when we dont trade for a "star" before complaining

that being said white and some others should be shipped out , besides that we dont need to morgage the future

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

We do. Helm's not coming back. Accept it. No one has any clue what in the blue f*ck is wrong with him. Every time he gets close, he has a setback. We can't count on health. That's called desperation.

lol right

Holland doesn’t fail, for not making a trade.

However, how many times have we heard this?

1. Prices were high, Imma wait until the draft. That’s when all the trades happen.

2. Prices at the draft were to high to make a trade. Imma wait till July 1st and look at UFAs

3. Prices for UFAs were too high. We’ll save our cap and see what’s out there trade-wise this summer

4. Prices were too high in the summer, we’ll evaluate our team during the regular season and make a deal to get better, if need be.

5. Prices are too high right now, I’ll see where our team’s at by the trade deadline.

6. Prices too high at trade deadline, Imma wait until the draft.

Rinse. Repeat.

7. Cap-compliance buyouts are coming. I'll see what's out there then.

8. Those players wanted money. What's that all about?

What you have to understand is the price of players is going up. The cap space will eventually start going up quick, because the fact of the matter is that hockey players have always been under paid. That being said, the real question is that do we need a second line center. Well, that comes down to do we think that Datsyuk will be here another 5 years? If we think Filp can play as a second line center, than 5 mil is not an unreasonable price. Think about who else makes around 5mil... Havlat, Kesler, Ribeiro, Doan.... and honestly I think Filp is just as valuable than any of those guys

Flip couldn't tape Doan's stick, let alone be as good as he is. Doan plays physical and does whatever it takes to put the puck in the net. I don't see that Flip at all.

Holland doesn’t fail, for not making a trade.

However, how many times have we heard this?

1. Prices were high, Imma wait until the draft. That’s when all the trades happen.

2. Prices at the draft were to high to make a trade. Imma wait till July 1st and look at UFAs

3. Prices for UFAs were too high. We’ll save our cap and see what’s out there trade-wise this summer

4. Prices were too high in the summer, we’ll evaluate our team during the regular season and make a deal to get better, if need be.

5. Prices are too high right now, I’ll see where our team’s at by the trade deadline.

6. Prices too high at trade deadline, Imma wait until the draft.

Rinse. Repeat. we

no this is easier............... we like our team rinse. repeat

I'll give Holland through this upcoming offseason to improve the team..... If he sits on his hands again, I seriously think they need to demote him to assistant and put Nill in charge. We need to be an aggressive team and get out of this rut. Then whenever Yzerman's deal is up in Tampa, you press hard and offer him the head job.

There is absolutely no chance in the world that Holland gets demoted....None at all.

When we get a new GM it will be because Holland was promoted to Jim Develanno's position and it will likely be Holland making the decision on who to hire as his replacement.

I would be willing to bet it will be Jim Nill who will run the team in an extremely similar fashion.

Yzerman likely wont last his contract with Tampa, if they don't have a significant improvement next season he'll be fired. As beloved as Yzerman is to the Wings they aren't going to get rid of the current management team for a GM with 3 years experience who would have just been fired by one of the worst teams in the league.

People need to step back from the ledge, I think Holland would be smart to offload some of our extra depth tomorrow, but I don't think he should waste any time trying to bring anyone in. The prices are ridiculous and the amount of talent available is very low. I'd rather he do nothing than I would see him make a trade for a rental given the current state of the team.

If you all think getting Helm back isn't a major addition to the team, you're dead wrong. Who cares if he doesn't make a move!!!!

Helm's impact is huge, but he has played one game this season and has no timetable to return. Additionally, he hasn't played any hockey really in over a year now, so his effectiveness when he does come back will likely not be the full force Helm we all remember for awhile.

Besides, Helm isn't a top-six scoring winger or top-pairing defenseman, which are the biggest immediate needs of the team.

I'm still holding out hope tomorrow for Pominville. He's not a rental and could be a contributor for the Red Wings beyond this season.

Edited by GoWings1905

Helm's impact is huge, but he has played one game this season and has no timetable to return. Additionally, he hasn't played any hockey really in over a year now, so his effectiveness when he does come back will likely not be the full force Helm we all remember for awhile.

Besides, Helm isn't a top-six scoring winger or top-pairing defenseman, which are the biggest immediate needs of the team.

I'm still holding out hope tomorrow for Pominville. He's not a rental and could be a contributor for the Red Wings beyond this season.

yandle would be a nice addition too, just saying. They tried to offload yandle on us last year but wanted way too much, maybe holland can get him for quincey, white, flip, and a 2nd round pick :P

i doubt it i think its pretty much done for no trades no moves if anythinf it will be 7th round picks

Guest irishock

There is absolutely no chance in the world that Holland gets demoted....None at all.

When we get a new GM it will be because Holland was promoted to Jim Develanno's position and it will likely be Holland making the decision on who to hire as his replacement.

I would be willing to bet it will be Jim Nill who will run the team in an extremely similar fashion.

Yzerman likely wont last his contract with Tampa, if they don't have a significant improvement next season he'll be fired. As beloved as Yzerman is to the Wings they aren't going to get rid of the current management team for a GM with 3 years experience who would have just been fired by one of the worst teams in the league.

People need to step back from the ledge, I think Holland would be smart to offload some of our extra depth tomorrow, but I don't think he should waste any time trying to bring anyone in. The prices are ridiculous and the amount of talent available is very low. I'd rather he do nothing than I would see him make a trade for a rental given the current state of the team.

People are still pushing for Yzerman to become the GM of this team? Lol the guy has been straight up Isiah Thomas-ing the Lightning since he took over

I forgot helm was a 40 goal score who got GWG every night and dominated the league.........1 guy isnt going to do anything and his not looking good to return soon

:facepalm:

Hey gentleman and ladies of LGW lets not fight or argue about what our beloved GM is doing. Lets focus on the reason why we are so passionate that we joined a forum to discuss the greatest franchise in the history of sports. We love the Red Wings!

This to me takes the cake from that Malik article:

"The Red Wings are interested in adding a top-four defenseman or a top-six forward, but not at the expense of their first-round pick or any top prospects."

Sorry Ken, but you can't give someone a hand full of sh*t and expect a golden egg in return. If we aren't going to use the depth we have as trade bait to get a higher caliber player, then at least dump the old farts that are taking up space for developing the young talent. This season has just been frustrating.

Hey gentleman and ladies of LGW lets not fight or argue about what our beloved GM is doing. Lets focus on the reason why we are so passionate that we joined a forum to discuss the greatest franchise in the history of sports. We love the Red Wings!

i think its that love for the wings that causes us to wonder what are BELOVED gm is doing or not doing

People are still pushing for Yzerman to become the GM of this team? Lol the guy has been straight up Isiah Thomas-ing the Lightning since he took over

I can't figure this out either..Stevie Y is the reason I'm a Wings fan but he is not a good GM. TB is complete garbage, they have 2-3 good players, a bunch of chumps, and no goalies.

Have I ever told anyone about how much I love spending deadline day talking about other teams' moves?

In the last 20 years we have won a cup every 5 years, I will admit this team is going to have to go on some kind of absolute heater this year to make it anywhere if we don't make some moves but questioning this franchises decisions about trades, free agency and player development is asinine !

I can't figure this out either..Stevie Y is the reason I'm a Wings fan but he is not a good GM. TB is complete garbage, they have 2-3 good players, a bunch of chumps, and no goalies.

In the last 20 years we have won a cup every 5 years, I will admit this team is going to have to go on some kind of absolute heater this year to make it anywhere if we don't make some moves but questioning this franchises decisions about trades, free agency and player development is asinine !

asinine???

If you all think getting Helm back isn't a major addition to the team, you're dead wrong. Who cares if he doesn't make a move!!!!

When & if he comes back. It's a roll of the dice this season. AND if he does come back, he's still a 3rd line guy, not the top 6, scorer, that we so desperately need. Please don't get me wrong, I want Helm back, baaaaaaad. But he's not the big scoring punch we need.

Who gets better than us tomorrow? San Jose? Edmonton? St. Louis? Who are we going to be looking up at in two weeks' time?

all of the above and are motto is HEY!.............we like our team :ok:

Guest Johnz96

Our D and G positions are fine long term. yes youth makes mistakes. That is part of the growing process. I am fine with that. If we can add 2 RHed shots along the way, great. But other than that, no issues with the D long term. Forwards are the issue and have been. We still control the pcuk most of the time in most games. no one is putting it into the net on a regular basis. No one is crashing the boards and pounding the other teams D. No one is setting up in front of the other team G and being a pain in the a$$. Those are the issues, most of us have seen this for a couple of years. More size, toughness, and sniping is needed. We have play makers and checkers. if we can somehow find 2 big scoring forwards, this is a very different team. But size alone solves nothing. Do the guys in question use their size? Franzen and Sammy are perfect examples of bigger guys that don't play that way. We don't need more guys like them. We need guys like Bert when he was 27-32. 25+ goals, 150 PIM, and mobile.

Compared to Vanek and Gaborik, Sammy and Franzen ARE power forwards