• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Official NHL Trade Deadline thread

Rate this topic

Guest Johnz96

Lol, think of a 2 on 1 with Zetterberg and Filppula. 90% chance they don't give a shot off.

Pipe dream: Add Jagr for a mid-round pick and add Vanek/Gaborik for Fil+1st+something else.

Haha.

Zetterberg is actually always one of the league leaders in shots

Guest irishock

I heard something about Jimmy agreeing on a contract extension on Sportsnet Hockey Central, "just hasn't been announced yet"

Interesting names Holland could really look at..

Mike Ribeiro (Wsh): © Expected to be a UFA this summer, Ribeiro and the Caps are far apart in negotiations. The team is still in the hunt however I bet they learned their lesson on not dealing Semin last year. Ribeiro is a top forward and a first line Center. Would absolutely help their Powerplay situation.

Joe Corvo (Car): (D) Another expected UFA this summer. Corvo coming into the league was an offensive defenseman but now he has developed into a 2-way Defenseman with lots of veteran presence that can really help out the Defense. I can see him paired up with Ericsson or Smith.

Alexander Sulzer (Buf) (D): Think Christian Ehrhoff. Alexander has been moved from NSH to Van to Buffalo. He is a 5-6 Defenseman however he's 28 years old and has lots of potential still of becoming 3-4 Defenseman. He is a big hitter with good shot and before Lindy Ruff was fired he worked with him on his defensive game. Sulzer looks much better this year and could easily for a 7th round pick. I think he could put Kindl and Quincey on their toes for active roster spot.

The Red Wings has less then 9 Million in Cap space. Lets put away the Gaborik and Vanek rumors, we don't have cap space and most importantly we have players to re-sign (unfortunately). I would love to see Pominville however his game has been declining and I see the Sabres asking for a 1st round pick..No thank you.

Guest DeGraa55

This to me takes the cake from that Malik article:

"The Red Wings are interested in adding a top-four defenseman or a top-six forward, but not at the expense of their first-round pick or any top prospects."

Sorry Ken, but you can't give someone a hand full of sh*t and expect a golden egg in return. If we aren't going to use the depth we have as trade bait to get a higher caliber player, then at least dump the old farts that are taking up space for developing the young talent. This season has just been frustrating.

Lol he saw the trades proposed in here and is convinced cleary can land us yandle.

There is absolutely no chance in the world that Holland gets demoted....None at all.

When we get a new GM it will be because Holland was promoted to Jim Develanno's position and it will likely be Holland making the decision on who to hire as his replacement.

I would be willing to bet it will be Jim Nill who will run the team in an extremely similar fashion.

Yzerman likely wont last his contract with Tampa, if they don't have a significant improvement next season he'll be fired. As beloved as Yzerman is to the Wings they aren't going to get rid of the current management team for a GM with 3 years experience who would have just been fired by one of the worst teams in the league.

People need to step back from the ledge, I think Holland would be smart to offload some of our extra depth tomorrow, but I don't think he should waste any time trying to bring anyone in. The prices are ridiculous and the amount of talent available is very low. I'd rather he do nothing than I would see him make a trade for a rental given the current state of the team.

This is all pretty accurate, I'd say. Except for one thing....Mr. I will most likely be stepping down/back in the not-too-distant future. His son Christopher would probably be taking the reins, and who knows what changes could be made.

Still, Holland is not going anywhere until that happens, and even then....

I know it won't happen but I really think we should move white and Quincey for whatever we can get... Even if it's only a 2nd round pick each. Those picks could either be used to draft or used to sweeten up a deal for a top 2 dman for next season. Aka a guy like yandle, or find more of a shut down guy to play with kronwall so he can roam more.

Giving us hopefully something in the next two years...

Kronwall - Shutdown/Yandle

Smith - Big Rig

Kindl - Dekeyser...

Lashoff?

Edited by Crashnburnluder

Yandle is one if not the best offensive D out tbere. White can not be placed near Yandle. Too bad we cant get him.

Edited by arag

Why do so many people want yandle? Not even Phoenix fans want Yandle. He's like White++

Because we don't have a number 1/2 defenseman besides Kronwall and there really aren't a ton out there. That's really my thinking behind Yandle. I would love to know of any other top 2 dmen are out there and available.

Edited by Crashnburnluder

Why do so many people want yandle? Not even Phoenix fans want Yandle. He's like White++

I think Yandle is the equivalent of Kronwall. A good #2 offensive guy. I thought at the beginning of the year that Kronwall could be a #1 guy, even started a thread on it, but that assumption was wrong. He and Yandle are both good, servicable #2 guys though. Having both though would offset the pressure on Kronwall.

White on the other hand. He is terrible. He's the kind of player that doesn't wear elbow pads, he wears water wings.

There's going to be sooooo much butt hurt on the boards today.

Clowe is not a Wing, Bouwmeester's overpaid soft-as-hell ass is not a Wing, we didn't rent out Jagr at a steep price when we're not gonna win anyways. I'm content right now. If the Wings get any top 6 guy, it should not be a rental. The only thing I'd like to see today is trading Flip and White for picks. If that doesn't happen, then I'll sit by eagerly waiting for the 2015 season when we have Ouellet, Sproul, Jarnkrok, Jurco, Frk, Mrazek, Tatar, Nyquist, Callahan and all the other really good prospects we still have that we didn't trade for rentals to get us past the 1st round of the playoffs.

I could not be happier as well that we still have a 1st round pick this year. 2-3 years from now we should have a super talented, hopefully 6'5 forward from the 1st round this year. I came into this season expecting to be about where we are right now, but I was hoping that Kenny would trim some fat to make room for Tatar and Nyquist to finish the year with the Wings, and hopefully Dekeyser plays tomorrow or they change their minds and send him to GR so he can actually play, preferably with Sproul.

Guest Playmaker

We have been under the cap now for a while. It is not all salary cap when other teams improve every year.

Who has improved every year or won the Cup every year?

Absolutely...Any respectable agent will do what he can for his client...Unfortunately with Flip becomming a UFA - I can see a rival "poach" him by offering more.

A little off topic, but I was one of the few here who didn't buy into the idea that he was a 60 point guy; many thought that with last years surprising tally of 66 pts that Flip had finally become that solid 2nd line center at the tender age of 29...Now we're seeing the Flip of old (35 to 40 pts kinda guy in a 82 game season), and $5 million IMHO would be a gross overpayment, but as I mentioned earlier - someone out there will probably offer it to him.

Yeah, the Oilers, cause they actually need a good 2-way forward like Flip. But then again, they won't have the money either. Flip may be singing a different tune when teams have to shed salary and everyone offers him 3 mil per for his 13 points in 29 games in a contract year.

The NHLN is now TSN, aka Man, Toronto Sure Is Awesome.

EDIT:

To my knowledge, Holland hasn't said big splash. "If something falls into my lap and slaps me across the face, sure. But...." = No big splash, IMHO.

I'd love, love, LOVE for him to make a big splash, even if it's just for the sake of making a big splash. (I'm bored, and greedy.) But I'll be incredibly surprised if it happens.

Edited by Dabura

Yeah, the Oilers, cause they actually need a good 2-way forward like Flip. But then again, they won't have the money either. Flip may be singing a different tune when teams have to shed salary and everyone offers him 3 mil per for his 13 points in 29 games in a contract year.

RNH for flip :D

Andy McDonald...

Joey Mac