• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Official NHL Trade Deadline thread

Rate this topic

How do you kno he didn't make an offer for gabby? Everyone needs to stop overreacting

Right, I'm sure Holland had a competitive offer like a conditional 6th round pick that becomes a 5th if he scores 60 goals.

With all the reports in the last 2 hours saying Holland looks to be staying pat - my guess is he didn't make any sustained efforts.

Classic Holland.

Overvalues his own players. Under-values others. Expects players to take less money to play in Detroit.

There is a large trend now, of players saying "no thanks" to Detroit.

This was first mentioned publically by Winsewski 2 off-seasons ago, and it came home to roost with Suter and Parise.

Holland will do nothing of significance this off-season either.

How do you kno he didn't make an offer for gabby? Everyone needs to stop overreacting

LA, Columbus, Chicago, Minnesota all got better and we have been overachieving all year. I don't know why Kenny didn't just get what he could for Filppula is this season doesn't matter and because he shouldn't be resigned anayway.

Maybe he did, but it clearly wasn't as good of an offer. Gabby had to waive his no trade clause, if the offer was as good or better don't you think he'd have prefered to waive it to go to Detroit?

I don't understand everyone's surprise. Coming up the the deadline both the GM and the Coach said not to expect anything.

Babcock even said he hopes nobody gets traded from his roster, and now when the deadline comes around everyone is upset that they weren't lying and that they didn't make any trades.

Were they dealt at the trade deadline? Okay. It should probably be discussed in the trade deadline thread.....

FFS people, the damn thread has exists for what, 2-3 DAYS?!

I don't feel like sorting through all that BS. Maybe if the thread was reserved for breaking news and deals only, but it is full of rampant speculation and flame wars.

I don't see how anybody on this forum can be happy today...look at the standings basically the top 4 teams in the West stood part for very OBVIOUS reasons. Hawks and Ducks already dominate, Canucks got Roy yesterday, LA Kings just won the cup with the same team. Now Blues, Sharks, Wild, Blue Jackets, Preds

Classic Holland.

Overvalues his own players. Under-values others. Expects players to take less money to play in Detroit.

There is a large trend now, of players saying "no thanks" to Detroit.

This was first mentioned publically by Winsewski 2 off-seasons ago, and it came home to roost with Suter and Parise.

Holland will do nothing of significance this off-season either.

Yep. That strategy only works if your better than everyone else.

I don't feel like sorting through all that BS. Maybe if the thread was reserved for breaking news and deals only, but it is full of rampant speculation and flame wars.

So you're saying that this trade belongs in it's own thread and the other's don't? Come on buddy. We all have to sort through it, and it's a hell of a lot better than flooding the general discussion section like it's the trade rumors and free agent signings section of HFB.

All the injuries are kind of irrelevant IMO, only Helm and Flipulla missing time hurt us, the rest are a bunch of useless bums.

Holland should be ashamed, the Wings need a goal scorer more than anything, and Gaborik would of been perfect. I really cannot believe Holland didn't sign Semin last season. He would of been a perfect fit too. The Wings will be a bubble team for years to come.

Edited by TheOwl

All the injuries are kind of irrelevant IMO, only Helm and Flipulla missing time hurt us, the rest are a bunch of useless bums.

.50 ppg players aren't bums. What world do you live in?

Exactly, Since the OP doesn't get updated with every trade, and every page is full of HOLLAND SUXORS!!!!!! it just takes far too long to sort the wheat from the chaff. How many pages would I have to read to find out that Gabby and Pominville have been traded?

So one way of thinking about this is that Columbus lost Nash, Brassard, Moore, and Dorsett (injured), and gained Gaborik, Dubinsky, Anisimov, and a 1st. Well played Columbus.

Edited by kipwinger

So you're saying that this trade belongs in it's own thread and the other's don't? Come on buddy. We all have to sort through it, and it's a hell of a lot better than flooding the general discussion section like it's the trade rumors and free agent signings section of HFB.

Major trades have always had their own threads here as well. Its not like I started a thread for Jussi Jokenin. Maybe next year we can have a clean thread with news only.