• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Official NHL Trade Deadline thread

Rate this topic

Boo to all these teams for "trading away the future" in order to improve now. What a bunch of suckers these guys are. They all need to take a lesson from Holland and do the only reasonable thing, stand pat with an aging team that hasn't been competitive since 2009. Stand pat, it's the wave of the future.

Everyone knows that games are played in the future, not the present!

Boo to all these teams for "trading away the future" in order to improve now. What a bunch of suckers these guys are. They all need to take a lesson from Holland and do the only reasonable thing, stand pat with an aging team that hasn't been competitive since 2009. Stand pat, it's the wave of the future.

Yes hasn't been competitive since 2009.... 2011 were they not one game shy of the west finals????

Comeau cost the Flames nothing at all they got him off waivers, and Columbus is just filling the roster spots vacated in the Gaborik trade. This is easily the best deal Feaster made this year.

I actually think the Gabby trade could hurt Columbus more than help it, they were coming along nicely and they lost a lot of depth for a guy with 1 more goal than Dan Cleary.

No way. Comeau is a better, young asset to keep on the team (that Feaster just traded the soul of) than getting a 5th that will almost surely never pan out.

Gaborik means the world as a means of exciting the fan base. When the going gets tough, star players are leaned on. Say what you will but if the Blue Jackets make the playoffs...they'll probably be happy they have Gaborik instead of Brassard.

Comeau cost the Flames nothing at all they got him off waivers, and Columbus is just filling the roster spots vacated in the Gaborik trade. This is easily the best deal Feaster made this year.

I actually think the Gabby trade could hurt Columbus more than help it, they were coming along nicely and they lost a lot of depth for a guy with 1 more goal than Dan Cleary.

Yeah Dorsett was the heart of their team. It wouldn't be quite like us losing Helm, but close. And Brassard/Moore is like us losing Filpulla signed to a 3 million deal for a another year, and Brendan Smith.

Not saying I wouldn't do it, but we all saw what happened to New York when they lost the heart and soul aspect and loaded up no high end talent. You need good depth players.

And Minnesota gave up the equivalent of Mrazek, Jarnkrok for Pominville. It's a risky trade.

I don't know how I feel. Slighty disappointed, but the more I think about it it's not as bad as it seems to me.

Yes hasn't been competitive since 2009.... 2011 were they not one game shy of the west finals????

If I'm not mistaken you're suggesting that losing in the second round of the playoffs is some sort of accomplishment. Well pin a rose on your nose.

Yeah Dorsett was the heart of their team. It wouldn't be quite like us losing Helm, but close. And Brassard/Moore is like us losing Filpulla signed to a 3 million deal for a another year, and Brendan Smith.

Not saying I wouldn't do it, but we all saw what happened to New York when they lost the heart and soul aspect and loaded up no high end talent. You need good depth players.

And Minnesota gave up the equivalent of Mrazek, Jarnkrok for Pominville. It's a risky trade.

I don't know how I feel. Slighty disappointed, but the more I think about it it's not as bad as it seems to me.

Moore is not Brendan Smith.

Oh my god... LeBrun with a good tweet:

a rare thing indeed: Detroit Red Wings did not make a trade on deadline day. Probably smart, need to keep picks
I agree!

Keep picks for what? More small sized Euros who'd rather pass than shoot and who won't see a whiff of Red Wings ice for 5 or 6 years?