• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Official NHL Trade Deadline thread

Rate this topic

Ok so if we are keeping all of our prospects and not making a push for this year why are we not playing said prospects?

Oh yeah we would rather fill those spots with Samuelsson, White, Abdelkader, Cleary, and Eaves.

Edited by Yak19

I'm totally optimistic about a team that's barely .500 and has been murdered in the playoffs for three straight years without making one meaningful improvement. What should we be optimistic about? That in 3 or 4 years we MIGHT have Jarnkrok, Jurco, Frk, Nysquist, on the team and they MIGHT actually have decent careers. Yep, there's always a silver lining...oh wait, during that same time we MIGHT lose Datsyuk and Flip, and Zetterberg, Kronwall, and Franzen PROBABLY will be in the decline.

Why do something when you can do nothing?

Ok so if we are keeping all of our prospects and not making a push for this year why are we not playing said prospects.

Oh yeah we would rather fill those spots with Samuelsson, White, Abdelkader, Cleary, and Eaves.

Sammy and Cleary are the future of this organization!

1. Howson is not their GM anymore.

2. Amidst, all the s*** talking about Howson, people conveniently forget how much better that team got over the last two years. They only acquired Wisniewski, Johnson, Aucoin, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Letestu, Foligno, Tyutin, Umberger, Prospal, Bobrovsky and two 1st round picks under Howson. We got Samuelsson, Tootoo, Quincey, White, Commodore, and Gustavsson during the same time frame. Hmmm...

Not saying I want Howson to replace Holland, but that team got noticeably better under his tenure. So while it's fun to make jokes, he didn't do a bad job.

Lol I know he is not their GM anymore, that was the intended (and obviously missed) joke. His being fired makes him available to take Holland's spot was what I was going for... Anyhow, I wasn't serious. I am a Holland believer.

I'm totally optimistic about a team that's barely .500 and has been murdered in the playoffs for three straight years without making one meaningful improvement. What should we be optimistic about? That in 3 or 4 years we MIGHT have Jarnkrok, Jurco, Frk, Nysquist, on the team and they MIGHT actually have decent careers. Yep, there's always a silver lining...oh wait, during that same time we MIGHT lose Datsyuk and Flip, and Zetterberg, Kronwall, and Franzen PROBABLY will be in the decline.

We could've said the same thing in previous years. Hind-sight is great when looking back but the thing about it is that we don't know exactly how these prospects are going to pan out. They could magically become the players we want, they could become much better than the players we project, and then again, they could become absolutely everything we don't want.

I came into this season with armor knowing that we would get thrown around, I know we weren't going to be the dominate force we once were, but all-in-all they've impressed me. There's been times this season that I see an outstanding product on the ice, while other nights i'm wondering if I change the channel over to the Griffins game.

No one knew Pavel was going to become the dominate force he is, no one knew Zetterberg was going to become the dominate force he is. If they did, they would've been drafted a lot earlier (I know the whole Pasha thing but still!).

Ok so if we are keeping all of our prospects and not making a push for this year why are we not playing said prospects?

We are currently playing 6 rookies in the starting line-up with a 7th being slotted in as soon as Thursday.

How many rookies are you comfortable playing at one time? Should we just go with Datsyuk, Zetterberg and 18 rookies?

im going to make a bold statement now in 2 years ..15th in the conference and sadly it wil be dead wings era 2.0 Hey Hey Hockeytown! will be a thing of the past ..........are new song: "we like our team" by Holland and the hooplas producted by Iltich Inc. and Little cesars Co. from the album Former Glory

TSN cuts off the CBJ GM to show Luongo's press conference.

Yeah, I cant believe that. freaking rude.they could have cut back to him like 30 seconds in to the Luongo presser. I would hang up!

Edited by Wingsfan72

We are currently playing 6 rookies in the starting line-up with a 7th being slotted in as soon as Thursday.

How many rookies are you comfortable playing at one time? Should we just go with Datsyuk, Zetterberg and 18 rookies?

Nope just get the guys i mentioned out.... now

Yeah, I cant believe that. freaking rude.they could have cut back to him like 30 seconds in to the Luongo presser. I would hang up!

He didn't come back on. Appears CBJ is holding a press conference now. Biggest trade of the day (so far) overshadowed by a non-trade.

Same ol' song and dance.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 23s

Wings were in on 2 or 3 players, felt they made competitive offers, but it wasn't good enough.

As I've said, I didn't really want Holland to make a deal for a playoff rental, but it is kind of comical that he says the same things year after year.