• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Official NHL Trade Deadline thread

Rate this topic

Guest RedWingsDad

Khan said the hold up for the Wings with Gaborik was the $7.5M cap hit next year.

Means KH has his eye on FA this summer and re-signing our current guys.

Yes, the Kessel trade was bad; but he also fleeced the Flames for Phaneuf, got Lupol and Gardiner for Beauchemin; and though he's gone, his constructed Leafs team is a better team than Holland's Wings right now.

Has anyone actually stopped and thought, "Oh, maybe New York and Buffalo didn't want to trade top players to a team within their conference/division?!"

Problem with this argument is the fact that your saying Rangers didn't trade us Gaborik because we will be in the East, ignoring the fact that CBJ will be in their division... Maybe they forgot lol

As I've said, I didn't really want Holland to make a deal for a playoff rental, but it is kind of comical that he says the same things year after year.

Not really comical, more retarded at this point.

On the plus side, if that post a few up about twitter is true, than I won $20 in a bet from my friend about how Holland would give the same bullsh*t "our guys coming back from injury are our aquisitions" that he says every single year like a f*cking broken record.

Yes, the Kessel trade was bad; but he also fleeced the Flames for Phaneuf, got Lupol and Gardiner for Beauchemin; and though he's gone, his constructed Leafs team is a better team than Holland's Wings right now.

:hysterical:

will anyone realy forgive Holland if he lets Flip walk now and get nothing this summer?

I think the Wings strategy around Flip is to wait until FA starts with all the expected salary dumps due to the lower salary cap and let Flip find out that his salary demands will not be met by other teams in this tight fiscal environment. Then they offer him the $4 million and he signs.

WHO?

Was that the nobody the got with the pick, cuz the other nobody Leino was traded for was Ole Kristian Tollefson. lol

Mattias Backman is one of our top defensive prospects, he's a 6'2, 20 year old playing in the SEL. He's got a ton of upside, and the hype train is just starting.

I think the Wings strategy around Flip is to wait until FA starts with all the expected salary dumps due to the lower salary cap and let Flip find out that his salary demands will not be met by other teams in this tight fiscal environment. Then they offer him the $4 million and he signs.

agree i just hope he doesnt demand 5 million because thats overpayment

Mattias Backman is one of our top defensive prospects, he's a 6'2, 20 year old playing in the SEL. He's got a ton of upside, and the hype train is just starting.

So we should see him around 2019

:hysterical:

Are you laughing at the trades where a GM actually picked up good players, or the fact that the Toronto Maple Leafs--a team perpetually mocked on these and other boards--are much, much BETTER than these Red Wings?

That's madness.

The Kessel trade wasn't bad...it was devastating. If he hadn't made that deal he would almost certainly still have his job today. That deal ruined what would have been a real, true rebuild that the Leafs desperatly needed. The Wings homegrown players and prospects are better than the Leafs right now. Burke did maul the Ducks with that Beauchemin trade though.

Guest Crymson

Well, Holland dropped the ball here. Yes, this is me saying this. Gaborik and Pominville could both have been had for reasonable prices.

The only possible explanation I can think of for why this may not have been an option is that Buffalo and NYR wanted players who were not upcoming UFAs or prospects. We don't exactly have many of those to trade away.

I guess I'll wait on the official explanation.

Edited by Crymson

Dumb trade by the Lightning... the Sens fleeced them.

I'm happy Holland stood pat-- this Wings roster isn't a trade or two away from winning the Cup this spring. If we can't win now it'd be stupid to pick up rentals. With the cap dropping things will be wild this summer, might as well retain as much flexibility and as many draft pics as we can.

Means KH has his eye on FA this summer and re-signing our current guys.

The Wings will be right up against the cap just re-signing some of our FA's.

I wouldn't hold your breath for any free agent signings unless there is a buyout or 2 beforehand.