• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Official NHL Trade Deadline thread

Rate this topic

Well, Holland dropped the ball here. Yes, this is me saying this. Gaborik and Pominville could both have been had for reasonable prices.

The only possible explanation I can think of for why this may not have been an option is that Buffalo and NYR wanted players who were not upcoming UFAs or prospects. We don't exactly have many of those to trade away.

I guess I'll wait on the official explanation.

he didn't want gaboriks 7.5 mil caphit

Are you laughing at the trades where a GM actually picked up good players, or the fact that the Toronto Maple Leafs--a team perpetually mocked on these and other boards--are much, much BETTER than these Red Wings?

If we playee them in the playoffs this year, I believe we'd beat them. This team has much more experiance, two elite players far better than anyone on thier team, and a better, more experianced veteran goaltender.

agree i just hope he doesnt demand 5 million because thats overpayment

Agreed. If he had put the same scoring pace this year as last it'd be justified but whether it was the injury or not, Val still struggled this season and that will impact his signing value.

The only possible explanation I can think of for why this may not have been an option is that Buffalo and NYR wanted players who were not upcoming UFAs or prospects.

I could have sworn I read a tweet earlier this morning stating that in talks with the Wings, the NYR were insisting that Brunner be part of any deal. Don't know if the source was reliable or if I'm even remembering the tweet correctly, so take it for what it's worth.

Edit: this is the tweet I was thinking of...

@Zads07: In the talks with the Rangers for MDZ, they really want Brunner, but DET certainly won't give him up.

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

Guest Crymson

he didn't want gaboriks 7.5 mil caphit

There's no sense in that for next offseason, given the dearth of quality UFAs.

As for Pominville, I did some checking, and it seems that those were two of Minnesota's best prospects. So perhaps it was best that Kenny did not attempt to beat that offer.

Gaborik who? I can't even visit these boards anymore. Everyone is upset about the lack of deals, but really all I've seen is s*** deals to move cap space or get bottom 6 guys. Pull your tampons outta ur sandy ***'s and realize this team isn't giving up assets for plugs. People think this season was awful? Then get ready for the real youth movement next season.

Take a look at Gabi's salary for next season ffs. Has the IQ of Redwings fans lowered since Lids left or what? I'm losing allot of respect for the boards this season.

Edited by PROBIE4PREZ

Guest Crymson

I could have sworn I read a tweet earlier this morning stating that in talks with the Wings, the NYR were insisting that Brunner be part of any deal. Don't know if the source was reliable or if I'm even remembering the tweet correctly, so take it for what it's worth.

If so, **** that. Even with only having scored once in the past 16 games, Brunner still has two goals than Gaborik.

Gaborik doesn't have less goals than Cleary... And let me know when Cleary scores 30+ because Gabby will next year.

I'd rather not take on another terrible contract for an under producing player, who is injury prone, and making more than anyone else on the team

Khan said the hold up for the Wings with Gaborik was the $7.5M cap hit next year.

Considering that Gaborik has 9 goals and 10 assists in 35 games with his 7.5 million dollar cap hit, I can only imagine he will be lambasted like Franzen is getting hit with. Franzen has 7 goals and 13 assists in 29 games with a cap hit that is almost half that.

Well, Holland dropped the ball here. Yes, this is me saying this. Gaborik and Pominville could both have been had for reasonable prices.

The only possible explanation I can think of for why this may not have been an option is that Buffalo and NYR wanted players who were not upcoming UFAs or prospects. We don't exactly have many of those to trade away.

I guess I'll wait on the official explanation.

What roster players that we have signed would New York want? They would most likely be asking for Helm for sure, they really miss the heart and soul aspect, that's why they really wanted dorsett. Brassard is a .50-.60 PPG like FIlpulla, but younger and actually on a 3 million deal after this year, so his value is higher. and John Moore is a first round defenseman, that's 22 years old. I guess he's in between the value of Smith/Lashoff.

And Pominville was had for our equivalent of Number #1 goalie and center prospects Jarnkrok, and Mrazek and now there might be word that picks were also involved from minnesota. That would really hurt the wings future, I'd really pass on that, and I really like Pominville.

Edited by Carman

Gaborik who? I can't even visit these boards anymore. Everyone is upset about the lack of deals, but really all I've seen is s*** deals to move cap space or get bottom 6 guys. Pull your tampons outta ur sandy ***'s and realize this team isn't giving up assets for plugs. People think this season was a awful season then get ready for the real youth movement next season.

... so you think Gaborik and Pominville are plugs? :withstupid:

I hope some of you read this in a few days and see how ridiculous you sound. Outside of trying to move White and maybe Filppula (because of the rumored salary demands), not much else makes sense. We're a middle of the pack team on the rebuild. You don't sacrifice prospect depth in this league, anymore. Not to be knocked out in the first or second round.

I'm totally fine with this team standing pat this year, because I'm come to the terms that the Red Wings will most likely not win the Cup this season. It is what it is.

Trading Ville Leino for Mattais Backman isn't a good deal? Or how about trading matt Puempel for Tomas Jurco and Xavier Ouellett?

How about signing Brunner, or Dekeyser? Or signing Kronwall to a cheap 7 year deal?

I'm not saying he's been great. But some of these deals can look a lot better in a few years, he's not fleecing people like the Chelios trade days, but it's a different league now, not a lot of roster player for roster player type trades.

Who would be your choice going forward?

Holland has made some deals that might help in the future but he has to make moves that helps the team as we go. Bringing in Sammy and Colo were big mistakes and letting Hossa walk was another. I think that the jury is still out on if Kronwall is cheap. He is struggling in the role of 1-2 d-man. Maybe its because of lack of partner but if he falls to 3-4 in a couple years is he cheap still? Holland is a quality GM there is no doubt but this is starting to look very stale and predictable.

Considering that Gaborik has 9 goals and 10 assists in 35 games with his 7.5 million dollar cap hit, I can only imagine he will be lambasted like Franzen is getting hit with. Franzen has 7 goals and 13 assists in 29 games with a cap hit that is almost half that.

People hate on Franzen because of the way he plays the game. I'm not sure why this is difficult for people to understand.

I hope some of you read this in a few days and see how ridiculous you sound. Outside of trying to move White and maybe Filppula (because of the rumored salary demands), not much else makes sense. We're a middle of the pack team on the rebuild. You don't sacrifice prospect depth in this league, anymore. Not to be knocked out in the first or second round.

I'm totally fine with this team standing pat this year, because I'm come to the terms that the Red Wings will most likely not win the Cup this season. It is what it is.

Disagree. They let too many pieces walk away for nothing, and it'll hurt to see White and Flip follow that trend.

Holland has made some deals that might help in the future but he has to make moves that helps the team as we go. Bringing in Sammy and Colo were big mistakes and letting Hossa walk was another. I think that the jury is still out on if Kronwall is cheap. He is struggling in the role of 1-2 d-man. Maybe its because of lack of partner but if he falls to 3-4 in a couple years is he cheap still? Holland is a quality GM there is no doubt but this is starting to look very stale and predictable.

I'm not the biggest Kronwall fan, but he's 4th in league scoring for defenseman. While he's no Weber defensively, he's definitely worth his deal. And Sammy was coming off a .57 ppg year. if injuries are a factor, then why are people crying about not going after Gaborik whose hip/back/groin has nearly ended his career?

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 2m

Bizarre levels of secrecy/intrigue over imminent WSH announcement. #tradecentre

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun 2m

Caps sources incredibly mum

Ovenchicken to Det for Cleary, White, Abdelkader, Eaves, Filpulla, Nyquist and a 3rd rounder.

People hate on Franzen because of the way he plays the game. I'm not sure why this is difficult for people to understand.

True, but I think the point is that for getting paid $7.5 mill and producing at that clip, he will be crucified as bad as Mule. Look at how bad some of our players get it even if they are on a pace of points = pay

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m

Bizarre levels of secrecy/intrigue over imminent WSH announcement. #tradecentre

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 2m

Caps sources incredibly mum

for the secrecy, the only thing I could imagine it being is Ribeiro. Anything more seems out of the realm of possibility. McKenzie cited Chimera and Schultz on the move earlier, but who knows.