• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Official NHL Trade Deadline thread

Rate this topic

When I watch Gaborik, it always reminds me of Franzen, I know Gaborik has more offensive capability, but at the end of the day they play when they want and are streaky, do not want. The Blue Jackets can think they are gonna make the playoffs all they want, its not gonna happen, and to Wings fans who are scared of the Blue Jackets need to grow a pair.

Dumb trade by the Lightning... the Sens fleeced them.

I'm happy Holland stood pat-- this Wings roster isn't a trade or two away from winning the Cup this spring. If we can't win now it'd be stupid to pick up rentals. With the cap dropping things will be wild this summer, might as well retain as much flexibility and as many draft pics as we can.

You said it all.

Hackett is a capable goalie. He played few games with the Wild during last season. But they also have Darcy Kuemper who is probably about as good as Hackett.

This trade was the first time I heard about Johan Larsson. This year was his first year in AHL. He is probably one of top 4 forward prospects for the Wild (others being Granlund, Coyle, and Zucker).

Wild also gave up their 1st pick this year and second next year. This is a lot to give up. For that much they should have taken Vanek (plus he played for Gophers).

Edited by Pskov Wings Fan

True, but I think the point is that for getting paid $7.5 mill and producing at that clip, he will be crucified as bad as Mule.

Oh, I don't deny that. Was just saying. (Who knows, though. Maybe Gaborik would catch fire as a Wing.)

I live in Tampa Bay; the Lightning have a need--goaltending--and a surplus in one area--offense. You have to give to get. Conacher for Bishop was a good trade.

Agreed both teams got what they needed

Bolts need to amp up their D in the offseason that is their biggest problem area

I hope some of you read this in a few days and see how ridiculous you sound. Outside of trying to move White and maybe Filppula (because of the rumored salary demands), not much else makes sense. We're a middle of the pack team on the rebuild. You don't sacrifice prospect depth in this league, anymore. Not to be knocked out in the first or second round.

I'm totally fine with this team standing pat this year, because I'm come to the terms that the Red Wings will most likely not win the Cup this season. It is what it is.

Are we really on a rebuild though?

I think the Wings have some good young players in the lineup but keep in mind that if not for injuries most of them would not be playing. It's not like it was Holland's plan all along to bring up this many of the kids and give them a shot.

If the team were healthy this season the defensive corps would've been some combination of:

Kronwall-Ericsson

White-Quincey

Cola/Smith/Kindl

And if Bert, Sammy, and Helm were all healthy, how much of a chance would any of the new forwards been given?

I don't disagree that the Wings should be in rebuild mode. Short of guys getting a chance due to injury, I don't really see what's being rebuilt. Maybe this summer?

Caps trade:

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun 45s

F. Forsberg to Nash for M. Erat and M. Latta

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 53s

As per @Real_ESPNLeBrun, NSH trades Michael Latta and Martin Erat to WSH for Filip Forsberg.

Are we really on a rebuild though?

I think the Wings have some good young players in the lineup but keep in mind that if not for injuries most of them would not be playing. It's not like it was Holland's plan all along to bring up this many of the kids and give them a shot.

If the team were healthy this season the defensive corps would've been some combination of:

Kronwall-Ericsson

White-Quincey

Cola/Smith/Kindl

And if Bert, Sammy, and Helm were all healthy, how much of a chance would any of the new forwards been given?

I don't disagree that the Wings should be in rebuild mode. Short of guys getting a chance due to injury, I don't really see what's being rebuilt. Maybe this summer?

I see where you're coming from, but I think Holland has been of the mentality that those vets were kind of "buffers" for the transition of the kids. People can make an argument that Holland undervalued the impact that guys like Tatar, Nyquist and Andersson could make this season, but I don't think that has as much to do with getting guys at this particular deadline. The 2014-15 season is the one where I think we'll see the big turnover. Cleary and Miller are gone next year, with Nyquist/Tatar and Andersson taking their spots. The year after Bert, Sammy and Eaves are gone.

Defensively, like them or not, I think guys like Quincey, Cola, etc. are serving a purpose. Who knows when Ouellet, Sproul, Backman or Almqvist will be ready. Who saw Kindl playing the way he has? I certainly didn't. I wasn't sure we'd get Dekeyer, either. Again, maybe Holland can be faulted here for not anticipating guys like Kindl and Lashoff being able to play, but he's also making sure he doesn't rush the younger guys. I think it's more defensible here than at the forward position.

Prior to the year starting, I saw an ugly two year window, and I think that still exists.

It's official. The Wings are in rebuild mode.

“We’re trying to compete, we’re trying to rebuild, reload,'' Holland said. “You look at the moment in time. I can’t look at the moment in time. I have to look at what we’ve got and where I think we can go over the next few years, the age of the roster, who’s going to be here for a while.''

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/04/red_wings_gm_ken_holland_made.html

Has anyone actually stopped and thought, "Oh, maybe New York and Buffalo didn't want to trade top players to a team within their conference/division?!"

Buffalo maybe, doesn't apply to the Rangers. They will be seeing a lot of Columbus next season in their own division.

Guest Playmaker

"Prices too high"

No they aren't, the prices are rock bottom. No team overpaid for any player other than perhaps Hanzus. Holland doesn't seem to know the difference between quality versus quanity. He's hording all these prospects which will go nowhere. Gaborik, Roy, Pominville, Iginla, Meester, Jagr, every signifcant player traded, was traded for NOTHING. Worthless prospects and draft picks aren't high prices. Trading one great player for 2 crappy prospects and picks isn't high prices. One good player is worth more than 3 crappy players everytime.

The only overpayment I see is for Pominville. A first, a second AND two top prospects? No thanks. I think Gaborik qualifies as a top 6 forward and having his salary for one season doesn't bother me. I mean if Sammy is worth 3, Gaborik is easily worth 7.

It's official. The Wings are in rebuild mode.

“We’re trying to compete, we’re trying to rebuild, reload,'' Holland said. “You look at the moment in time. I can’t look at the moment in time. I have to look at what we’ve got and where I think we can go over the next few years, the age of the roster, who’s going to be here for a while.''

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/04/red_wings_gm_ken_holland_made.html

I don't disagree. It's just unfortunate that it's happening during Datsyuk and Zetterberg's remaining good years.

And as I said before, I still have to question Holland's rebuild plan. Because he says they're trying to rebuild and reload, but if you don't make any deals and you don't let rookies play, how exactly are you doing either of those? Injuries are what gave the kids a shot, not Holland. And guys like Sammy and Cola aren't rebuild moves.

Maybe he's finally acknowledging the team needs rebuilding and spare parts like Sammy aren't going to cut it.

I'm happy Kenny didn't do anything. We have a really bright future which we weren't really able to say, confidently, in a while.

A trade now would have cost us our depth and Kenny knows that.

A lowered cap next year will really screw over a few teams and by then they'll lose players they acquired this year for an attempt at the cup.

I just feel bad for Dats having to play another mediocre year not unlike what happened with Lids during his last couple years here.

The only overpayment I see is for Pominville. A first, a second AND two top prospects? No thanks. I think Gaborik qualifies as a top 6 forward and having his salary for one season doesn't bother me. I mean if Sammy is worth 3, Gaborik is easily worth 7.

I agree that it's a bit of an overpayment, but a Parise-Koivu-Pominville line is going to be lethal. I think the Wild may end up using an amnesty buyouy on Heatley during the summer now, for sure.

I agree that it's a bit of an overpayment, but a Parise-Koivu-Pominville line is going to be lethal. I think the Wild may end up using an amnesty buyouy on Heatley during the summer now, for sure.

Just throw in a helm-abby-toots line at that....oh wait

Edited by Aznknight

I don't disagree. It's just unfortunate that it's happening during Datsyuk and Zetterberg's remaining good years.

And as I said before, I still have to question Holland's rebuild plan. Because he says they're trying to rebuild and reload, but if you don't make any deals and you don't let rookies play, how exactly are you doing either of those? Injuries are what gave the kids a shot, not Holland. And guys like Sammy and Cola aren't rebuild moves.

Maybe he's finally acknowledging the team needs rebuilding and spare parts like Sammy aren't going to cut it.

I'm hoping your last statement is true. [bolded for emphasis]