• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Official NHL Trade Deadline thread

Rate this topic

well i am no longer rooting for the wings to win, get in the playoffs or win the cup. holland killed all that. just going to watch and enjoy datsyuk and zetterberg in the last few years they have left.

its pretty upsetting knowing your team has no chance at the cup.

Kenny fell flat AGAIN and is now claiming rebuild after the fact. What part of rebuilding was going after Jagr?

esteef

Look at all the picks he picked up for the rebuild!!!!

Edited by evilmrt

That Holland statement makes no goddamn sense. Sounds like a bad term paper from a freshmen philosophy class. It sounds like he's following the Pistons rebuild plan and we all know how that's turned out. It's embarrassing to see him complain and make excuses in the media acting like he's handcuffed with this roster (that he put together) and theres nothing we can do. it'd be one thing if we were playing Tatar and Nyquist in the top 6 but we arent. There's stop gap galore on this team for no reason and he managed to trade none of them. We have millions of cap space freed up. More than enough to make major moves while being safely under the cap yet he acts like we've got measly pennies. Let Lids retire without making a run and Pavel is next. No ****ing balls. We were a middling team before Scotty came and we've been one since he's left. Coincidence?

I'm okay with this. There was nobody I was dying to have.

People really need to remember that the "price" that Holland refers to isn't just about money. It's also about what players we'd have to give up. I'd rather him hoard prospects now than give them away for players that are only marginal improvements to our roster.

Holland makes no moves and everyone loses it but if he gave the teams what they asked from us I promise half of this board would be flipping out over what we gave up.

That Holland statement makes no goddamn sense. Sounds like a bad term paper from a freshmen philosophy class. It sounds like he's following the Pistons rebuild plan and we all know how that's turned out. It's embarrassing to see him complain and make excuses in the media acting like he's handcuffed with this roster (that he put together) and theres nothing we can do. it'd be one thing if we were playing Tatar and Nyquist in the top 6 but we arent. There's stop gap galore on this team for no reason and he managed to trade none of them. We have millions of cap space freed up. More than enough to make major moves while being safely under the cap yet he acts like we've got measly pennies. Let Lids retire without making a run and Pavel is next. No ****ing balls. We were a middling team before Scotty came and we've been one since he's left. Coincidence?

Umm....'07-'09 was by no means "middling". Unless you mean when he was still an advisor...

Edited by achildr1

I don't disagree. It's just unfortunate that it's happening during Datsyuk and Zetterberg's remaining good years.

And as I said before, I still have to question Holland's rebuild plan. Because he says they're trying to rebuild and reload, but if you don't make any deals and you don't let rookies play, how exactly are you doing either of those? Injuries are what gave the kids a shot, not Holland. And guys like Sammy and Cola aren't rebuild moves.

Maybe he's finally acknowledging the team needs rebuilding and spare parts like Sammy aren't going to cut it.

he's full of sh*t if he was trying to rebuild he would of traded guys like white and miler for picks and tried to get a 1st for filppula or trade for filip forsberg who was surprisingly in play instead they all walk for zero

nice rebuild/retool plan holland

wasnt asking for gaborik or a high profile player but he cant even trade guys he know wont come back

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Obviously after he left as an adviser. Also led with the rise of Chicago as the elite team in the division.

Give me a break, Scotty didn't become affiliated with the Black Hawks until 2008, at which point they had already drafted or acquired Toews, Bfuglien, Versteeg, Ladd, Brouwer, Kane, Sharp, Seabrook, and Keith. To say Scotty had anything to do with their rise is absurd.

Edited by kipwinger

The rebuild is on, folks. There's no way around that. How good of a rebuild it's going to be is another story.

The sooner we cut ties with White, Colo, Sammy, and Bert, the better. We can't have this anymore. No more useless old men or injury-prone risks. Just cut the fat and accept that the team is headed back into the toilet for a while.

Horrible trade by the Caps. Forsberg will be a star in a few yrs and Erat? Probably retired by then.

Agreed. Caps fans are pissed and if I were them I'd be after McDerp's head.

The rebuild is on, folks. There's no way around that. How good of a rebuild it's going to be is another story.

The sooner we cut ties with White, Colo, Sammy, and Bert, the better. We can't have this anymore. No more useless old men or injury-prone risks. Just cut the fat and accept that the team is headed back into the toilet for a while.

This message brought to you from the summer of 2012.

With the exception of like four guys our entire team is "the fat".

Anybody remember, "how well the team plays over the next six games will determine how active we are during the trade deadline"? That was Ken Holland, a week and a half ago, treating his fans like they are idiots. Awesome.

This is actually one time where I actually think the best thing for us might have been to do nothing. Getting Bert, Sammy, and Helm back is literally like adding a third line. That's roughly 13-16 minutes of ice time every night. I have to believe that much ice time with players as good as they are will increase scoring or at the very least, play much more in the other teams end. The cost is just too high right now for rental players who would likely have only a minimal effect.

With that said, I do believe the salary cap has revealed that Holland is not the magician he was made out to be all these years.

Obviously after he left as an adviser. Also led with the rise of Chicago as the elite team in the division.

Give me a break, Scotty didn't become affiliated with the Black Hawks until 2008, at which point they had already drafted or acquired Toews, Bfuglien, Versteeg, Ladd, Brouwer, Kane, Sharp, Seabrook, and Keith. To say Scotty had anything to do with their rise is absurd.

Give me a break that you're insinuating that I think Scotty had anything to do with the drafting of those players. You don't think Scotty had a hand in the massively retooling that included many of those players listed? Everyone here thought the Hawks handcuffed themselves into a cap space disaster with their all in cap run yet here they are 3 years later the class of the league with their entire core intact + Hossa. No one believed they'd be able to keep Toews, Kane, Sharp, AND Seabrook.

Edited by Number19

Glad we didn't get pomminville, wild got fleeced.

Yes. Granlund, Brodin, and Coyle all as prospects and the Wild got fleeced. They had a few elite prospects to give and acquired a heart-and-soul guy who scores goals. Totally different situation. Young, hyper-talented, deep, and on the rise. They are a legit Cup contender and they added to an already solid team.

This is actually one time where I actually think the best thing for us might have been to do nothing. Getting Bert, Sammy, and Helm back is literally like adding a third line. That's roughly 13-16 minutes of ice time every night. I have to believe that much ice time with players as good as they are will increase scoring or at the very least, play much more in the other teams end. The cost is just too high right now for rental players who would likely have only a minimal effect.

With that said, I do believe the salary cap has revealed that Holland is not the magician he was made out to be all these years.

Relying on Bert, Sammy and Helm for offense...

That about explains how bad things have gotten.

Interesting point in the last sentence.

Edited by DetroitRedWings1993

Give me a break that you're insinuating that I think Scotty had anything to do with the drafting of those player. You don't think Scotty had a hand in the massively retooling that included many of those players listed? Everyone here thought the Hawks handcuffed themselves into a cap space disaster with their all in cap run yet here are 3 years later the class of the league with their entire core intact + Hossa.

It doesn't take a genius to bring in role players and sign Hossa to a discount. If it took getting Scotty to do that then I hope the Blackhawks sign me up to take his place for half the price. Fact is, their entire core was in place before Bowman took a job there.

finally the meltdown seems to be subsiding, and all the crazy people are reverting back to normal. People are actual starting to realize that the deals made today in most part were over payments, aside from Gaborik, who is under performing for a very high cap hit, so they can have him. People seem to slip into a blind rage around here every time something they don't like happens

You sure love to be a downer don't you?

What's there to be all sunshine-y about? The team isn't that good and is going to get worse before it gets any better. We don't have a truly high-end prospect to look forward to. A bunch of good ones, but no true stars. We're headed for a top-10 pick in the near future. Hope we spend it well.

This season is headed to the golf course. It just depends on how early or late the tee-time is. There aren't any FA's that fit our immediate needs and there will be many re-signings from that already-weak class between now and when free agency opens. We have very few truly NHL-ready prospects and Datsyuk and Zetterberg aren't getting any younger.

Accepting reality means being a downer when the organization is the way it is.

Edited by DetroitRedWings1993

It doesn't take a genius to bring in role players and sign Hossa to a discount. If it took getting Scotty to do that then I hope the Blackhawks sign me up to take his place for half the price. Fact is, their entire core was in place before Bowman took a job there.

Looks like you're missing the point entirely. Regardless if it doesn't take a genius then why hasn't Holland done the same thing with Dats, Z, Flip, Kronwall, and before this year Lidstrom.

Looks like you're missing the point entirely. Regardless if it doesn't take a genius then why hasn't Holland done the same thing with Dats, Z, Flip, Kronwall, and before this year Lidstrom.

What are you talking about, of course Holland locked up his core. You know how I know that? Because none of them have ever played for another team or even tested free agency. Holland drafted and signed his core. The Hawks did the same long before Scotty Bowman ever got there. What I said was, "it doesn't take a genius to sign role players and Hossa to a discount". Holland signs role players, and signed Hossa to a discount too. Why are you knocking him and making it seem like Bowman's the second coming of Christ?

We don't have a truly high-end prospect to look forward to. A bunch of good ones, but no true stars. We're headed for a top-10 pick in the near future. Hope we spend it well.

Can you see into the future? Seriously, I have never seen one prospect on any team come out and just dominate in the NHL the first year. All the defense prospects we have are pretty good actually, I have watch some of these players play. There not going to be the next Lidstrom there rookie year but things look promising.