• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Official NHL Trade Deadline thread

Rate this topic

Can you see into the future? Seriously, I have never seen one prospect on any team come out and just dominate in the NHL the first year. All the defense prospects we have are pretty good actually, I have watch some of these players play. There not going to be the next Lidstrom there rookie year but things look promising.

ovie, malkin, and he who shall not be named are the only prospects that really came out and just kicked straight up ass in their rookie years in the last 10 years

finally the meltdown seems to be subsiding, and all the crazy people are reverting back to normal. People are actual starting to realize that the deals made today in most part were over payments, aside from Gaborik, who is under performing for a very high cap hit, so they can have him. People seem to slip into a blind rage around here every time something they don't like happens

Its all the contradictory BS that Holland has been feeding the world that gets most of us. He says 'We need to get better via free agency, he s**ts the bed in Free agency. Then he says 'We will explore trades over the summer/during the season/at the deadline to address our needs', come trade deadline he sh*ts the bed again. Now he says 'We need to build around our youth and the draft' and yet, he keeps players like Sammuelson, Bertuzzi, Cleary, et al in the line up at the expense of younger NHL level talent in the minors, and also doesn't trade the tradeable assets to build more youth into the system.

This is enough to make ones head spin. I wish he wouldn't treat the fan base like we are stupid and do what he says for once.

Its all the contradictory BS that Holland has been feeding the world that gets most of us. He says 'We need to get better via free agency, he s**ts the bed in Free agency. Then he says 'We will explore trades over the summer/during the season/at the deadline to address our needs', come trade deadline he sh*ts the bed again. Now he says 'We need to build around our youth and the draft' and yet, he keeps players like Sammuelson, Bertuzzi, Cleary, et al in the line up at the expense of younger NHL level talent in the minors, and also doesn't trade the tradeable assets to build more youth into the system.

This is enough to make ones head spin. I wish he wouldn't treat the fan base like we are stupid and do what he says for once.

no I get that, trust me I am just as pissed at his bs as anyone else, but I literally just sat back and watched the forums seeing what everyone was saying and some of it was just so ridiculous I was dumbfounded, at one point I was just laughing at peoples comments

Can you see into the future? Seriously, I have never seen one prospect on any team come out and just dominate in the NHL the first year. All the defense prospects we have are pretty good actually, I have watch some of these players play. There not going to be the next Lidstrom there rookie year but things look promising.

Huberdeau.

Nugent-Hopkins before the injury.

Cory Conacher.

Brad Marchand (first full NHL season, true rookie season).

Jordan Eberle was no slouch.

John Tavares.

What's your definition of "dominate"? Of course rookies aren't going to "dominate", depending on your definition. "Dominate" is a subjective term. Stars? Plenty of those amongst first-year NHLers.

Every prospect we have on D is extremely boom-or-bust. You don't build franchises with feast-or-famine players.

I agree to a certain extent. I think it's more his complete and utter failure to acquire anything of real, lasting quality since Hossa that creates it. This fanbase is hungry for a move that gets us going. We want to see a new face and watch him play. I'm included in that crowd. We're out of luck, however, as the rebuild is upon us and there won't be much to cheer for for a few years coming.

Edited by DetroitRedWings1993

What are you talking about, of course Holland locked up his core. You know how I know that? Because none of them have ever played for another team or even tested free agency. Holland drafted and signed his core. The Hawks did the same long before Scotty Bowman ever got there. What I said was, "it doesn't take a genius to sign role players and Hossa to a discount". Holland signs role players, and signed Hossa to a discount too. Why are you knocking him and making it seem like Bowman's the second coming of Christ?

lol no **** Holland locked the core. What I'm saying is with the core locked the way it is (like Chicago) why hasn't Holland signed the role players neccesary to compete (like Chicago) if it doesn't take a genius to do it? Bowman the second coming? Hardly, but as the all time winningest coach he's about as close as you'll get in hockey terms. I'd show a little more respect to the man that directly brought us 3 cups because without him this franchise as we know it aka Hockeytown would look a LOT different today. Anyways that's about enough hyberbole I want to entertain from you. Beam me up Scotty,

Why are you knocking him and making it seem like Bowman's the second coming of Christ?

because around here holland is the worst gm in the history of hockey and bowman and yzerman are the best ever

nobody is going to be the next lidstrom. defense prospect pool looks solid. one of, if not the best in the league right now.

so it's holland's fault that he missed on parise and suter? exploring trades does not mean that he's 100% guaranteed going to make a trade. exploring means just that, exploring your options. so unless you have inside knowledge of exactly what was going on in holland's office during the summer and trade deadline, you really don't have room to speak. some of you folks put way too much stock into what is said to the media.

now regarding the youth movement issue, there can be no defending holland on that one. samulesson and cleary should not be in the lineup at all. but at least bertuzzi provided some size and grit and is a key player in the shootouts so i can see why holland would want to keep him around.

So it's Ken's fault that Suter CHOSE Minnesota? It's his fault that teams like Minny, Columbus and Washington are willing to overpay? Guys like Tatar and Nyquist HAVE played because of injuries to the guys you mentioned. They'll have full-time gigs when those guys leave.

Huberdeau.

Cory Conacher.

John Tavares.

What's your definition of "dominate"?

Every prospect we have on D is extremely boom-or-bust. You don't build franchises with feast-or-famine players.

I agree to a certain extent. I think it's more his complete and utter failure to acquire anything of real, lasting quality since Hossa that creates it. This fanbase is hungry for a move that gets us going. We want to see a new face and watch him play. I'm included in that crowd. We're out of luck, however, as the rebuild is upon us and there won't be much to cheer for for a few years coming.

Three of those guys were top 5 picks (two were 1st overall). Detroit doesn't pick in the top five, thus, their prospects aren't handled like top five picks.

Huberdeau.

Cory Conacher.

John Tavares.

What's your definition of "dominate"?

Notice something familiar about all those teams? Florida - Worst team in their conference, Tampa - Second worst team in the conference, Edmonton in RNH rookie year - one of the worst teams in the league, Same goes for the Islanders in Tavares' rookie year.

The only one of those guys who played on a good team was Marchand and you have to qualify him but using his 2nd season because his first year where he played 20 games he was hot garbage.

Tatar played played fewer games than Marchand did in his short stint and put up 7x more points, while being a + player vs Marchands -3.

Unless you have a crystal ball that says otherwise Tatar might turn out to be even better than Marchand.

The Wings prospect pool is at its deepest point in the franchise's history, why are you in such a rush to write off everyone in it?

So it's Ken's fault that Suter CHOSE Minnesota? It's his fault that teams like Minny, Columbus and Washington are willing to overpay? Guys like Tatar and Nyquist HAVE played because of injuries to the guys you mentioned. They'll have full-time gigs when those guys leave.

Three of those guys were top 5 picks (two were 1st overall). Detroit doesn't pick in the top five, thus, their prospects aren't handled like top five picks.

It's not an overpayment. It's the going rate in today's NHL. Ken Holland has to get with the times. If you want a high end player (he said he did) and you're not currently developing one (we aren't), then you've got to pay market value (he doesn't). There's a reason we haven't been getting anybody of note recently, and I know this is a surprise, but it's because KH isn't willing to pay what competitors in the market place are willing to pay.

It's simple supply and demand, there is a small supply of high end players and everyone wants them, so the price is high. Apparently KH doesn't want them bad enough. Simple as that.

It's not an overpayment. It's the going rate in today's NHL. Ken Holland has to get with the times. If you want a high end player (he said he did) and you're not currently developing one (we aren't), then you've got to pay market value (he doesn't). There's a reason we haven't been getting anybody of note recently, and I know this is a surprise, but it's because KH isn't willing to pay what competitors in the market place are willing to pay.

It's simple supply and demand, there is a small supply of high end players and everyone wants them, so the price is high. Apparently KH doesn't want them bad enough. Simple as that.

Aside from Gaborik, those were severe overpayments. I'm ecstatic that Kenny isn't willing to pay what those guys are. In 3-4 years we'll have some solid, young talent on cheap contracts in the line-up. I can't wait.

Edit: Just saw this in an article.

“We offered some of (prospects). At the end of the day someone didn’t like them as much as we do or they liked someone else’s players better.” Edited by Jesusberg

This. Kenny lacks the courage to pull the trigger on high end talent for fear of "overpaying" (gasp!). Anytime there is any kind of competition for a player these days Kenny loses. Good thing DeKeyser had an entry level cap or Kenny would've probably lost him too.

esteef

Aside from Gaborik, those were severe overpayments. I'm ecstatic that Kenny isn't willing to pay what those guys are. In 3-4 years we'll have some solid, young talent on cheap contracts in the line-up. I can't wait.

Edit: Just saw this in an article.

“We offered some of (prospects). At the end of the day someone didn’t like them as much as we do or they liked someone else’s players better.”

In 3-4 years Datsyuk and Flip will probably be gone, and Zetterberg, Kronwall, and Franzen will be on the decline. So I hope those "solid, young, talents" are better than projected because that's a lot of leadership, scoring, defense, and consistency that we're about to lose.

ovie, malkin, and he who shall not be named are the only prospects that really came out and just kicked straight up ass in their rookie years in the last 10 years

There's the list back to 2000. There's a lot of really impressive rookie seasons.

Year Winner Runner-up 2012 Gabriel Landeskog, Colorado Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Edmonton 2011 Jeff Skinner, Carolina Logan Couture, San Jose 2010 Tyler Myers, Buffalo Jimmy Howard, Detroit 2009 Steve Mason, Columbus Bobby Ryan, Anaheim 2008 Patrick Kane, Chicago Nicklas Backstrom, Washington 2007 Evgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh Paul Stastny, Colorado 2006 Alex Ovechkin, Washington Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh 2004 Andrew Raycroft, Boston Michael Ryder, Montreal 2003 Barrett Jackman, St. Louis Henrik Zetterberg, Detroit 2002 Dany Heatley, Atlanta Ilya Kovalchuk, Atlanta 2001 Evgeni Nabokov, San Jose Brad Richards, Tampa Bay 2000 Scott Gomez, New Jersey Brad Stuart, San Jose

This. Kenny lacks the courage to pull the trigger on high end talent for fear of "overpaying" (gasp!). Anytime there is any kind of competition for a player these days Kenny loses. Good thing DeKeyser had an entry level cap or Kenny would've probably lost him too.

esteef

Kenny is luck he had Nick Lidstrom on the telephone when he had Danny in his office, that call sealed the deal. Thank you Nick Lidstrom :)

If we win the cup this year...many of you will still hate the Wings and Holland for not making a move this or last year.

No they won't .....all you'll hear is people saying "I told you so". Even the ones that bitched and bitched?

Can't believe Columbus is now more lucrative and hungrier than the Red Wings.

Holland should step down in the offseason.

How do you know that getting Gaborik will work out?

How do you know that getting Gaborik will work out?

Doesn't matter.

Point is, they had the balls and initiative to make the move. Took a chance. Columbus of all teams.

Their fans (if they have any) are excited right now, while ours are pissed. The ones not pissed are pointing at the banners and talking about past successes.

I want this franchise to remain great and relevant, not be one that used to be relevant, like Montreal and Chicago all those recent years.

Doesn't matter.

Point is, they had the balls and initiative to make the move. Took a chance. Columbus of all teams.

Their fans (if they have any) are excited right now, while ours are pissed. The ones not pissed are pointing at the banners and talking about past successes.

I want this franchise to remain great and relevant, not be one that used to be relevant, like Montreal and Chicago all those recent years.

umm, not really. They hate losing Dorsett. And Brassard is currently tearing it up with New York tonight.

New York might have became a better team.

Gaborik also has a ton of injury history, how do you think we'd be feeling right now if his back/hip/groin started to act up?