• Please log in to reply
717 replies to this topic

#301 Osgood4President

Osgood4President

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

Line 1:  Thank you for calling Little Caesar's Pizza, how can I help you?

Line 2:  This is Ken Holland, how much for a large Pizza?

Line 1:  $10

Line 2:  Too rich for my blood, goodbye. 

The following day in the Free Press, "Well I worked the phones but nothing made sense".

I, for one, am glad Kenny wouldn't accept getting ripped off and paying double what something is worth.

#302 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,135 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

I, for one, am glad Kenny wouldn't accept getting ripped off and paying double what something is worth.

he should call illitch and see if a trade is possible, a couple subway coupons for a large hot n ready? but only the 6" sub coupons, he doesn't want to give away the footlong ones

#303 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

Me too but its been 5 years now and we are/already have been wasting the last years of Lidstrom and Datsyuk. When Kenny gets around to not being afraid to gamble while he still can it may be too late.

Edited by achildr1, 03 April 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#304 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

less than an hr to go and we can all move on ...........

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#305 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

Yzerman traded for Ben Bishop. Good move by Yzerman.

I can't help but think that Ben Bishop has been a product of good defensive teams though.

#306 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

I tend to agree with what Holland is saying.  There are no top 6 forwards or top 4 dmen out there, so what's the point?  Adding another aging 3rd or 4th liner isn't what this team needs.  With the reduction in the salary cap next year and the buyouts that can take place this summer, I'd rather stand pat than make some desperate move that guarantees us nothing.  So what will everyone be saying if Pitt doesn't win the Cup?  Or Boston?  Or Chicago?  Or Vancouver?  They're all favorites, but only one team is going to take it, and it's possible none of them will. 

Vanek, Pominville, Yandle, and Gaborik are all available.  But you're not going to get a sniff of any of them if you start by saying "I'm not going to trade any top prospects or my first round pick".

You know what's crazy, when you add a "dynamic" player to your team it tends to change the team's...dynamic.  Strange I know, but doesn't anyone else feel like even a lateral move might be worthwhile here considering our current core doesn't seem capable of getting anything done?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#307 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

Vanek, Pominville, Yandle, and Gaborik are all available.  But you're not going to get a sniff of any of them if you start by saying "I'm not going to trade any top prospects or my first round pick".

You know what's crazy, when you add a "dynamic" player to your team it tends to change the team's...dynamic.  Strange I know, but doesn't anyone else feel like even a lateral move might be worthwhile here considering our current core doesn't seem capable of getting anything done?

What he says to the media, does not mean that's what he says to other teams. And Holland's actually came out and specifically said if he's making a move it's for a top 6 forward or top 4 defenseman. And you don't go after those guys if you aren't trading firsts and top prospects.

#308 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

I really think getting rid of Franzen would change the dynamic. I jist want to watch the Wings bring it like they care everynight...even if we're not as good. I'm tired of the same old, same old garbage.

#309 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

ben bishop to tb for cory conacher and a 4th

#310 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,135 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

ben bishop to tb for cory conacher and a 4th

that makes me sad, I wish we could have gotten conacher, i didn't even know he was available. 

#311 Bryguy

Bryguy

Zata

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

Bad move by Stevie, do they really want another young unproven starter. Then they give up Conacher!? Bad trade.

#312 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

i totally agree kipwinger but sadly holland is overlooking that he thinks going forward we need our milion prospects that might do nothing mind you in the nhl level and he thinks bert sammy and helm will come eback and get this team turned around which isnt going to happen he fails to realize we got a rough couple games coming up, back to back with sj and chi who both beat us last week and not to mention a team who cant stay consestent in scoring or d we wi be lucky to hold a spot thru the ast month because teams are going to come hard that are on the outside

Edited by sjr2012, 03 April 2013 - 01:21 PM.

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#313 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,135 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

Bad move by Stevie, do they really want another young unproven starter. Then they give up Conacher!? Bad trade.

ya I know, but seriously kenny dropped the ball on this one, I would have been willing to give up Mrazek for Conacher no problem

#314 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

Tampa now has two unproven goaltenders and just lost a very good prospect, if you are willing to deal Conacher why not add a 2 and another prospect and try to get a great goaltender? WoW Stevie dropped the ball here.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#315 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

ya I know, but seriously kenny dropped the ball on this one, I would have been willing to give up Mrazek for Conacher no problem

yeaa no.

I like Conacher, but he's a small, speedy guy. Not exactly what we need in our top 6. Especially when Mrazek can be used for a more proven top 6 guy.

#316 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

What?!? Then what...tell Howard to hit the door? Mrazek could probably be better than Howard and Bishop. I bet if Holland were actually willing to trade Mrazek we could get a piece we actually need.

Edited by achildr1, 03 April 2013 - 01:25 PM.

#317 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

Ouch Stevie. Ouch. Bishop is promising.. but for Conacher?? Ottawa has Lehner so Bishop was expendable.. this return was the best they could have hoped for.

#318 alienanxiety

alienanxiety

Medical

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Well if those are the going rates around the league, then I guess it's not double what they're worth.  The market dictates what players are worth.  It seems Mr. Holland wants to play in 2003's market and not 2013's.   Yet another example of how he is past his prime.  

Edited by alienanxiety, 03 April 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#319 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,135 posts

What?!? Then what...tell Howard to hit the door? Mrazek could probably be better than Howard and Bishop. I bet if Holland were actually willing to trade Mrazek we could get a piece we actually need.

tell howard to hit the door? Howard is with us for some time, Mrazek won't even figure into any plans for at least 5 years, so ya for the right price I would say trade him, only for the right price, and I think Conacher could be that piece

#320 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

If Kenny is going to do something, he better do it quick. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman