from wings twitter

Big surprise.

#502 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

We are currently playing 6 rookies in the starting line-up with a 7th being slotted in as soon as Thursday.

How many rookies are you comfortable playing at one time? Should we just go with Datsyuk, Zetterberg and 18 rookies?

Nope just get the guys i mentioned out.... now

#503 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

Cola and Sammy for a game: trade-deadline acquisitions! w00t!

In all seriousness, I'm not surprised, and not super disappointed, but that cliche of Holland's has to die.

#504 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Yeah, I cant believe that.  freaking rude.they could have cut back to him like 30 seconds in to the Luongo presser.  I would hang up!

He didn't come back on. Appears CBJ is holding a press conference now. Biggest trade of the day (so far) overshadowed by a non-trade.

#505 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Same ol' song and dance.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 23s

Wings were in on 2 or 3 players, felt they made competitive offers, but it wasn't good enough.

As I've said, I didn't really want Holland to make a deal for a playoff rental, but it is kind of comical that he says the same things year after year.

#506 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

Have to say I'm kinda disappointed to see Pominville go to Minnesota...and Gaborik to the Blue Jackets? I wasn't expecting to Holland to do anything, but it still feels kinda s***ty.

#507 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

Posts complaining about other people here will be deleted and will result in suspension.

Stay on topic.  Discuss the content of people's posts, not the people making them. 

If you don't like the thread, don't participate.  It's that simple.

#508 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

helm is done this year.

are they in denial?

#509 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

The Pominville trade isn't finalized but some of you are underestimating how much Minnesota just gave up for him.

They gave up their SOLID tendy prospect that equals out to Mrazek

They gave up their SOLID center prospect that equals out to Jarnkrok

and now it's heard that it's also a 1st and 2nd round pick.

Just allow that to float around if you guys really wanted to give up Mrazek, Jarnkrok, a 1st, and a 2nd for Pominville. I'll just be sitting here calling bulls*** because Mrazek and Jarnkrok would've sent this damn forum into full melt-down mode, none the less the addition to a 1st and 2nd.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#510 radekas

radekas

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

from wings twitter

Holland talking to media now. Stressing that our 5 coming back from IR in the next few weeks are as good as anyone available in trade market

tumblr_lxihqzYf1T1r1zonz.gif

Edited by radekas, 03 April 2013 - 02:42 PM.

#511 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Same ol' song and dance.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 23s

Wings were in on 2 or 3 players, felt they made competitive offers, but it wasn't good enough.

Disappointing to be stuck cheering for a perennial playoff team. 

I'm ok with them not going after Pominville, that price was hefty. Gaborik is a risky risky move, he's struggling right now, and if he does decide to heat up there is always that chance of his back or groin giving out like when he was younger. Add in his salary, I'm ok with Holland not overpaying. Not to say I wouldn't do it, but it's not a clear cut deal that makes Columbus better in my eyes. Better offensively? Probably. Better team? We'll see.

#512 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

ya I know, but seriously kenny dropped the ball on this one, I would have been willing to give up Mrazek for Conacher no problem

No, very bad move.

#513 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

Ken Holland doing nothing tells me that he is satisfied with where his team is at or no other GM's were willing to give him their top players. Based on his last three years I am not sure he is the right GM going forward. 

#514 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

helm is done this year.

are they in denial?

Yea I'm not sure what's up with this...Helm hasn't been practicing, he's not travelling with the team, and there's what, a month until the playoffs? If I were a betting man, I'd guess Helm will not play at all this season.

#515 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 400 posts

The Pominville trade isn't finalized but some of you are underestimating how much Minnesota just gave up for him.

They gave up their SOLID tendy prospect that equals out to Mrazek
They gave up their SOLID center prospect that equals out to Jarnkrok
and now it's heard that it's also a 1st and 2nd round pick.

Just allow that to float around if you guys really wanted to give up Mrazek, Jarnkrok, a 1st, and a 2nd for Pominville. I'll just be sitting here calling bulls*** because Mrazek and Jarnkrok would've sent this damn forum into full melt-down mode, none the less the addition to a 1st and 2nd.

Sounds like the price tag for Vanek. Definitely an overpayment imo. However Gaborik should have been had for the price tag Columbus gave up.

#516 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

playoffs is they make it

Flip-Z-Brunner

Franzen-Datsyuk-Tatar

Tootoo/Cleary-Helm-Abdelkader

Miller-Joak-Nyquist

Kronwall-Smith

Colalolackalol-Kimble

DannyD-Big E

not expecting Bert to be back for long when he does get healthy

Samuelsson = lol

Edited by Yak19, 03 April 2013 - 02:45 PM.

#517 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

Who cares!!!! We didn't throw away our youth for aging veterans that some of you complain about in the first place!!!!!!

I have to agree here.  Why make a trade just to make a trade?  I just don't get it.

Yea, yea, yea I hear some of the fans here whining about wasting Dats and Z's time.  How they wasted Lids time (even though he has 4 cups already and almost won a 5th).  Only one team gets to win the cup, and there are plenty of players who never won one, so did their clubs waste their time?  Look at Adam Oates who never won a cup.  Look at keith tkachuk.  So many great players who got close or never made it.  Not every player is going to have at level of success.

People here whine about not playing the kids.  Yet, when trade time comes around these same people will whine about not making a trade for a veteran.  Which one do you want?

I think all the players that were traded today were sold high.  Gaborik for three players?  Gaborik has less goals than freaking Cleary and is injury prone.

Glad to see Holland stand pat.  It was going to be a rough season at the start, and I knew that we wouldn't be the contenders that all Wings fans wanted us to be.  I guess you could call me a realistic fan.  I say load up in the off season and through the draft.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#518 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

The wings should be in "sell" mode. The overpriced offers going around. Move franzen you could get a better replacement and a couple picks. Same with fil. Holland was going about this the wrong. Problem is people hear sell then go into freak out mode. The way teams are over paying right now...selling would be the best thing to do...

#519 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

Per khan:
@AnsarKhanMLive: Wings had no interest in a struggling Gaborik and his $7.5 million cap hit for next season.

#520 HIFI_canadian

HIFI_canadian

Give me some of that TATAR sauce

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

Oh Well...

Edited by HIFI_canadian, 03 April 2013 - 04:26 PM.

tomastatar.png