• Please log in to reply
717 replies to this topic

#541 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

Has anyone actually stopped and thought, "Oh, maybe New York and Buffalo didn't want to trade top players to a team within their conference/division?!"

Problem with this argument is the fact that your saying Rangers didn't trade us Gaborik because we will be in the East, ignoring the fact that CBJ will be in their division... Maybe they forgot lol

#542 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

As I've said, I didn't really want Holland to make a deal for a playoff rental, but it is kind of comical that he says the same things year after year.

Not really comical, more retarded at this point.

On the plus side, if that post a few up about twitter is true, than I won $20 in a bet from my friend about how Holland would give the same bullsh*t "our guys coming back from injury are our aquisitions" that he says every single year like a f*cking broken record.

#543 alienanxiety

alienanxiety

Medical

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Trading Ville Leino for Mattais Backman isn't a good deal? 

WHO?  

Was that the nobody the got with the pick, cuz the other nobody Leino was traded for was Ole Kristian Tollefson.  lol

#544 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,595 posts

apparently the Rangers sent back minor-league defensemen Steven Delisle, acquired from Columbus in the Rick Nash trade this summer, and Blake Parlett in an effort to get to the 50-contract limit.

#545 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

Yes, the Kessel trade was bad; but he also fleeced the Flames for Phaneuf, got Lupol and Gardiner for Beauchemin; and though he's gone, his constructed Leafs team is a better team than Holland's Wings right now.

:hysterical:

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#546 Behind Enemy Lines in CO

Behind Enemy Lines in CO

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 146 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

will anyone realy forgive Holland if he lets Flip walk now and get nothing this summer?

I think the Wings strategy around Flip is to wait until FA starts with all the expected salary dumps due to the lower salary cap and let Flip find out that his salary demands will not be met by other teams in this tight fiscal environment.  Then they offer him the $4 million and he signs.

#547 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

Maybe since the League wants parity, other teams don't want to trade with the Wings since we've won enough already?

Edit: It's a conspiracy!

Edited by Barrie, 03 April 2013 - 03:07 PM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#548 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

WHO?  

Was that the nobody the got with the pick, cuz the other nobody Leino was traded for was Ole Kristian Tollefson.  lol

Mattias Backman is one of our top defensive prospects, he's a 6'2, 20 year old playing in the SEL. He's got a ton of upside, and the hype train is just starting.

#549 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

I think the Wings strategy around Flip is to wait until FA starts with all the expected salary dumps due to the lower salary cap and let Flip find out that his salary demands will not be met by other teams in this tight fiscal environment.  Then they offer him the $4 million and he signs.

agree i just hope he doesnt demand 5 million because thats overpayment

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#550 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

Mattias Backman is one of our top defensive prospects, he's a 6'2, 20 year old playing in the SEL. He's got a ton of upside, and the hype train is just starting.

So we should see him around 2019

#551 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

My Loony Bun Is Fine, Benny Lava

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

:hysterical:

Are you laughing at the trades where a GM actually picked up good players, or the fact that the Toronto Maple Leafs--a team perpetually mocked on these and other boards--are much, much BETTER than these Red Wings? 

#552 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Yes, the Kessel trade was bad; but he also fleeced the Flames for Phaneuf, got Lupol and Gardiner for Beauchemin; and though he's gone, his constructed Leafs team is a better team than Holland's Wings right now.

That's madness.

The Kessel trade wasn't bad...it was devastating. If he hadn't made that deal he would almost certainly still have his job today. That deal ruined what would have been a real, true rebuild that the Leafs desperatly needed. The Wings homegrown players and prospects are better than the Leafs right now. Burke did maul the Ducks with that Beauchemin trade though.

#553 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

Well, Holland dropped the ball here. Yes, this is me saying this. Gaborik and Pominville could both have been had for reasonable prices.

The only possible explanation I can think of for why this may not have been an option is that Buffalo and NYR wanted players who were not upcoming UFAs or prospects. We don't exactly have many of those to trade away.

I guess I'll wait on the official explanation.

Edited by Crymson, 03 April 2013 - 03:13 PM.

#554 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

I really don't think anyone on here is surprised that the Wings didn't make a move. That same speech that Kenny makes year after year is getting stale though, he needs new material!

IPB Image

#555 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

So we should see him around 2019

How's Leino doing?

#556 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Dumb trade by the Lightning... the Sens fleeced them.

I'm happy Holland stood pat-- this Wings roster isn't a trade or two away from winning the Cup this spring.  If we can't win now it'd be stupid to pick up rentals.  With the cap dropping things will be wild this summer, might as well retain as much flexibility and as many draft pics as we can.

Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#557 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

Means KH has his eye on FA this summer and re-signing our current guys.

The Wings will be right up against the cap just re-signing some of our FA's.

I wouldn't hold your breath for any free agent signings unless there is a buyout or 2 beforehand.

#558 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,595 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

Well, Holland dropped the ball here. Yes, this is me saying this. Gaborik and Pominville could both have been had for reasonable prices.

The only possible explanation I can think of for why this may not have been an option is that Buffalo and NYR wanted players who were not upcoming UFAs or prospects. We don't exactly have many of those to trade away.

I guess I'll wait on the official explanation.

he didn't want gaboriks 7.5 mil caphit

#559 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Are you laughing at the trades where a GM actually picked up good players, or the fact that the Toronto Maple Leafs--a team perpetually mocked on these and other boards--are much, much BETTER than these Red Wings? 

If we playee them in the playoffs this year, I believe we'd beat them. This team has much more experiance, two elite players far better than anyone on thier team, and a better, more experianced veteran goaltender.

#560 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

agree i just hope he doesnt demand 5 million because thats overpayment

Agreed.  If he had put the same scoring pace this year as last it'd be justified but whether it was the injury or not, Val still struggled this season and that will impact his signing value.

Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft