• Please log in to reply
717 replies to this topic

#601 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

It's official. The Wings are in rebuild mode.

“We’re trying to compete, we’re trying to rebuild, reload,'' Holland said. “You look at the moment in time. I can’t look at the moment in time. I have to look at what we’ve got and where I think we can go over the next few years, the age of the roster, who’s going to be here for a while.''

http://www.mlive.com...lland_made.html

I don't disagree.  It's just unfortunate that it's happening during Datsyuk and Zetterberg's remaining good years. 

And as I said before, I still have to question Holland's rebuild plan.  Because he says they're trying to rebuild and reload, but if you don't make any deals and you don't let rookies play, how exactly are you doing either of those?  Injuries are what gave the kids a shot, not Holland.  And guys like Sammy and Cola aren't rebuild moves.

Maybe he's finally acknowledging the team needs rebuilding and spare parts like Sammy aren't going to cut it.

#602 Aznknight

Aznknight

Rookie

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

I'm happy Kenny didn't do anything. We have a really bright future which we weren't really able to say, confidently, in a while.
A trade now would have cost us our depth and Kenny knows that.
A lowered cap next year will really screw over a few teams and by then they'll lose players they acquired this year for an attempt at the cup.

I just feel bad for Dats having to play another mediocre year not unlike what happened with Lids during his last couple years here.

#603 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

i would have loved vanek but oh well guess we just live with what we got

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#604 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

The only overpayment I see is for Pominville.  A first, a second AND two top prospects?  No thanks.  I think Gaborik qualifies as a top 6 forward and having his salary for one season doesn't bother me.  I mean if Sammy is worth 3, Gaborik is easily worth 7.

I agree that it's a bit of an overpayment, but a Parise-Koivu-Pominville line is going to be lethal. I think the Wild may end up using an amnesty buyouy on Heatley during the summer now, for sure.

#605 Aznknight

Aznknight

Rookie

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

I agree that it's a bit of an overpayment, but a Parise-Koivu-Pominville line is going to be lethal. I think the Wild may end up using an amnesty buyouy on Heatley during the summer now, for sure.

Just throw in a helm-abby-toots line at that....oh wait

Edited by Aznknight, 03 April 2013 - 04:21 PM.

#606 FinRedWing

FinRedWing

Not against the cap

• HoF Booster
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

Horrible trade by the Caps. Forsberg will be a star in a few yrs and Erat? Probably retired by then.

Burke.gif

#607 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

Lol @ McPhee, don't know much about Forsberg but it looks like he got s*** for return.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#608 Serratoni

Serratoni

Rookie

• Pip
  • 114 posts

I don't disagree.  It's just unfortunate that it's happening during Datsyuk and Zetterberg's remaining good years. 

And as I said before, I still have to question Holland's rebuild plan.  Because he says they're trying to rebuild and reload, but if you don't make any deals and you don't let rookies play, how exactly are you doing either of those?  Injuries are what gave the kids a shot, not Holland.  And guys like Sammy and Cola aren't rebuild moves.

Maybe he's finally acknowledging the team needs rebuilding and spare parts like Sammy aren't going to cut it.

I'm hoping your last statement is true. [Bolded for emphasis]

#609 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

well i am no longer rooting for the wings to win, get in the playoffs or win the cup. holland killed all that. just going to watch and enjoy datsyuk and zetterberg in the last few years they have left.

its pretty upsetting knowing your team has no chance at the cup. 

#610 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

Kenny fell flat AGAIN and is now claiming rebuild after the fact.  What part of rebuilding was going after Jagr? 

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#611 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

Kenny fell flat AGAIN and is now claiming rebuild after the fact.  What part of rebuilding was going after Jagr? 

esteef

Look at all the picks he picked up for the rebuild!!!!

Edited by evilmrt, 03 April 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#612 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

That Holland statement makes no goddamn sense. Sounds like a bad term paper from a freshmen philosophy class. It sounds like he's following the Pistons rebuild plan and we all know how that's turned out. It's embarrassing to see him complain and make excuses in the media acting like he's handcuffed with this roster (that he put together) and theres nothing we can do. it'd be one thing if we were playing Tatar and Nyquist in the top 6 but we arent. There's stop gap galore on this team for no reason and he managed to trade none of them. We have millions of cap space freed up. More than enough to make major moves while being safely under the cap yet he acts like we've got measly pennies. Let Lids retire without making a run and Pavel is next. No ****ing balls. We were a middling team before Scotty came and we've been one since he's left. Coincidence?

#613 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

I'm okay with this. There was nobody I was dying to have.
People really need to remember that the "price" that Holland refers to isn't just about money. It's also about what players we'd have to give up. I'd rather him hoard prospects now than give them away for players that are only marginal improvements to our roster.
Holland makes no moves and everyone loses it but if he gave the teams what they asked from us I promise half of this board would be flipping out over what we gave up.

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#614 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

That Holland statement makes no goddamn sense. Sounds like a bad term paper from a freshmen philosophy class. It sounds like he's following the Pistons rebuild plan and we all know how that's turned out. It's embarrassing to see him complain and make excuses in the media acting like he's handcuffed with this roster (that he put together) and theres nothing we can do. it'd be one thing if we were playing Tatar and Nyquist in the top 6 but we arent. There's stop gap galore on this team for no reason and he managed to trade none of them. We have millions of cap space freed up. More than enough to make major moves while being safely under the cap yet he acts like we've got measly pennies. Let Lids retire without making a run and Pavel is next. No ****ing balls. We were a middling team before Scotty came and we've been one since he's left. Coincidence?

Umm....'07-'09 was by no means "middling". Unless you mean when he was still an advisor...

Edited by achildr1, 03 April 2013 - 04:55 PM.

#615 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

he's full of sh*t if he was trying to rebuild he would of traded guys like white and miler for picks and tried to get a 1st for filppula or trade for filip forsberg who was surprisingly in play instead they all walk for zero

nice rebuild/retool plan holland

wasnt asking for gaborik or a high profile player but he cant even trade guys he know wont come back

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 03 April 2013 - 05:04 PM.

#616 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

My Loony Bun Is Fine, Benny Lava

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

This is such a joke.  We should unload Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Kronwall, et all and stockpile these "high prices" for the rebuild.

KH=whiney D-Bag.

#617 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

Umm....'07-'09 was by no means "middling". Unless you mean when he was still an advisor...

Obviously after he left as an adviser. Also led with the rise of Chicago as the elite team in the division.

#618 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

Obviously after he left as an adviser. Also led with the rise of Chicago as the elite team in the division.

Give me a break, Scotty didn't become affiliated with the Black Hawks until 2008, at which point they had already drafted or acquired Toews, Bfuglien, Versteeg, Ladd, Brouwer, Kane, Sharp, Seabrook, and Keith.  To say Scotty had anything to do with their rise is absurd. 

Edited by kipwinger, 03 April 2013 - 05:21 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#619 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

The rebuild is on, folks.  There's no way around that.  How good of a rebuild it's going to be is another story.

The sooner we cut ties with White, Colo, Sammy, and Bert, the better.  We can't have this anymore.  No more useless old men or injury-prone risks.  Just cut the fat and accept that the team is headed back into the toilet for a while.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#620 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

Horrible trade by the Caps. Forsberg will be a star in a few yrs and Erat? Probably retired by then.

Agreed.  Caps fans are pissed and if I were them I'd be after McDerp's head.

The rebuild is on, folks.  There's no way around that.  How good of a rebuild it's going to be is another story.

The sooner we cut ties with White, Colo, Sammy, and Bert, the better.  We can't have this anymore.  No more useless old men or injury-prone risks.  Just cut the fat and accept that the team is headed back into the toilet for a while.

This message brought to you from the summer of 2012.

Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft