• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Official NHL Trade Deadline thread

Rate this topic

has anyone thought about this, maybe they didn't trade white because he is one of our few dmen with playoff experience

This would be a lame excuse for not rading him. I find it hard to believe, but maybe no team was willing to offer a second? Which would be pretty much sum up his value to other teams :(

umm, not really. They hate losing Dorsett. And Brassard is currently tearing it up with New York tonight.

New York might have became a better team.

Gaborik also has a ton of injury history, how do you think we'd be feeling right now if his back/hip/groin started to act up?

Dorsett has been hurt for a while and wasn't likely to come back in the regular season. Columbus already has Jared Boll who basically plays the same role as Dorsett does, and Dorsett is smaller and doesn't skate as well as Boll does and I'm pretty sure Boll has longer left on his contract than Dorsett does.

Brassard might be "tearing it up" but that's just one game. I can't tell you how many times you'd hear even Jeff Rimer commenting on how Brassard was floating on the ice and not getting into the mix offensively or defensively. Brassard is basically Sammy without the stick-skills, no one in Columbus is going to miss him either.

The only real piece Columbus gave up with any real potential is John Moore. He's a big d-man, he's still very young and could develop into at least an All-Star down the road.

Don't let your bias against Columbus get to you - Columbus clearly owns the Rangers GM and being able to land Gaborik without giving up one of their 3-1st round picks is a frikin steal.

This would be a lame excuse for not rading him. I find it hard to believe, but maybe no team was willing to offer a second? Which would be pretty much sum up his value to other teams :(

Ian White isn't worth a 2nd round pick though. Maybe a 4th.

I think Gaborik will do well in Columbus just because he is getting out of New York with Torts. He was quoted while in transit to Columbus saying something along the lines of, "I'm happy to play where they actually want me." Him and Torts couldn't even look each other in the eye. I think we'll start seeing flashes of the real Gabby with CBJ. Not to mention, he'll be joining some of his old buddies there!

I think Gaborik will do well in Columbus just because he is getting out of New York with Torts. He was quoted while in transit to Columbus saying something along the lines of, "I'm happy to play where they actually want me." Him and Torts couldn't even look each other in the eye. I think we'll start seeing flashes of the real Gabby with CBJ. Not to mention, he'll be joining some of his old buddies there!

Well not only is the environment better, he was stuck playing left-wing in New York where his best years have always been at right wing.

You know you're having a bad day when you cite Puck Daddy as a good hockey resource.

Wyshynski said it! Therefore it must be true!

Right?

Fixed. Quincey had his chance to show his stuff during that rash of injuries in 2008, and he was absolutely overshadowed by Ericsson and Meech (and every one of the regulars, Lebda included). He was invisible during that stretch in the big leagues. He looked serviceable during his short time in the 2007 playoffs---in which he played 6-8 minutes per game against bottom opposition---but nothing more than that.

Choosing Meech over Quincey was really very simple, and I don't think anyone began complaining about it until months down the line. Everyone was quite optimistic about Meech at that stage.

Pretty sure nobody was optimistic about Meech at any point in time. It was more Quincey not earning himself a spot.

You know you're having a bad day when you cite Puck Daddy as a good hockey resource.

Wyshynski said it! Therefore it must be true!

Right?

I like this exchange on Luongo's twitter....

Greg Wyshynski @wyshynski

@strombone1 Hey, give me a follow so I can write you back.
Geoff ‏@Geoff_not_Jeff
@wyshynski @strombone1 he has a strict "don't follow pricks" policy. Sorry
Edited by evilmrt

What numbers were better? In 2008-2009, Quincey had 4 goals and 34 assists in 72 games with LA while Chelios has 0 points in 28 games with Detroit. Meech had 7 points in 41 games for Detroit. So in 2008-2009, both had better numbers than Chelios. Plus, Chelios was the 2nd oldest player in NHL history in 2008, so both Quincey and Meech had more upside at that time, too.

It's kind of impossible to compare them in previous years because 08-09 was Quincey's 1st season playing more than 6 games (not including the 2007 playoffs where Quincey played only 8 minutes a night).

I didn't check out Quincey's numbers the year Chelios was in his final year with the Wings. I guess I might be a little biased since Chelios was my childhood hero.

Edited by BadgerBob

A lot of players making an immediate impact for their new teams.

-Jagr scored in his first game with Boston.

-Clowe scored twice in his first game with NYR.

-Gaborik scored in his first game with Columbus.

-Rosehill scored in his first game with Philly.

OMFG! It's only one game and they all got fleeced!!!!!!!

esteef