• Please log in to reply
717 replies to this topic

#81 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,304 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

Why do so many of you want Holland to horde prospects?   After years of letting our prospects over-ripen in Grad Rapids, we literally have a glut of prospects.   Where are any of these guys supposed to play?  We could deal 5 of our prospects and never miss them.  They barely have room to fit in Tatar and Nyquist - where are they going to put the other 10 guys that are in waiting?  Make a mega-deal for Vanek/Stafford/Pominville.   Give them are first two picks and 5 prospects.  I don't care who ... Jurco, Jarnkrok, Sproul, Mursak, Tatar, Nyqvist, Sheehan, Oullet, the list goes on and on.  They're not accomplishing anything if they're gonna be stuck in GR for the next 3 years.  

How about 2 firsts and a second for player X ...sounds very familar with one of the worst trades ever ? :-)

Want examples how this strategy would turn out? Look no further than the old Mapleleafs or Calgary Flames.

Edited by frankgrimes, 02 April 2013 - 03:45 PM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#82 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

Are we doing rumors in here, too?

@GMilIerTSN@dstaples being told Whitney part of a package to Washington for D upgrade, possibly Mike Green #tradecenter

Fake Gord Miller retweeted by Malik.

Edited by Travis, 02 April 2013 - 04:02 PM.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#83 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,103 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

i would not consider wings cup contenders without tradeS

I think they will be luck to make the playoffs with no moves

#84 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

i would not consider wings cup contenders without tradeS

I think they will be luck to make the playoffs with no moves

They won't make the playoffs without any moves.  Edmonton and Columbus are looking to add and are playing great right now.  San Jose has won 5 in a row.  St. Louis just beat Minnesota to snap a skid.  Everyone below us is getting better while we're staying the same.  This is going to be on helluva collapse.  Bank on that.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#85 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

I agree Kyle, it seems when PWF decline they decline fast

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#86 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,749 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

They won't make the playoffs without any moves.  Edmonton and Columbus are looking to add and are playing great right now.  San Jose has won 5 in a row.  St. Louis just beat Minnesota to snap a skid.  Everyone below us is getting better while we're staying the same.  This is going to be on helluva collapse.  Bank on that.

Who's to say we're guaranteed to make the playoffs with moves being made?

Even though I wouldn't mind Franzen getting shipped off - what will we get in return?..It's not as though rival gms don't recognise a slumping player, and a potential downturn of a career.

Unless a really great deal comes along I'm certain Holland won't do a thing.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#87 redhasek2013

redhasek2013

Prospect

• 35 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

The Montreal Canadiens have acquired defenceman Davis Drewiske from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for a fifth-round pick in 2013. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419706

#88 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

Clowe to the Rangers? Looks like it's almost a done deal. 

#89 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

Clowe to the Rangers? Looks like it's almost a done deal. 

Think this means they now move gabby?

#90 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

Ken Holland won't do anything. He will come out after the deadline and say he was active and the prices were too high. He will say that the return of Bert and Helm will make him like this team. The Red Wings will either slide into a 7-8th spot and get killed in the first round or they will miss the playoffs altogether. The Cup will go to a team that improves year after year. Next years team will look exactly how it looks today but Fil will be handed a big sack of money that he does not deserve. 

Jeez that was depressing to write and I really hope i am wrong. What ever happened to the win at all costs days??? 

#91 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

What ever happened to the win at all costs days??? 

The salary cap.

#92 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

The salary cap.

We have been under the cap now for a while. It is not all salary cap when other teams improve every year.

#93 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

We have been under the cap now for a while. It is not all salary cap when other teams improve every year.

Exactly! Last year and this year have both been years where we have sat on money. Everybody else has had no problems making moves. Why can't we?

#94 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

The Red Wings are closer to 4th than Columbus is to them in 10th. In the past ten games, the Red Wings have 12 points, Columbus 13 and Edmonton 14. The Blues got better, but "looking to add" doesn't really make the Oilers/Jackets any more suited to make the playoffs than Detroit right now. 

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#95 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

Ken Holland won't do anything. He will come out after the deadline and say he was active and the prices were too high. He will say that the return of Bert and Helm will make him like this team. The Red Wings will either slide into a 7-8th spot and get killed in the first round or they will miss the playoffs altogether. The Cup will go to a team that improves year after year. Next years team will look exactly how it looks today but Fil will be handed a big sack of money that he does not deserve. 

Jeez that was depressing to write and I really hope i am wrong. What ever happened to the win at all costs days??? 

hear of the cap

Edited by sjr2012, 02 April 2013 - 05:26 PM.

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#96 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 580 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 1m

As expected, Clowe has waived his NTC to go to NYR. SJ and NYR just to need to finalize but not expected to be a problem.

#97 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 3h

As expected, Clowe has waived his NTC to go to NYR. SJ and NYR just to need to finalize but not expected to be a problem.

F*ck ... only guy i wanted

#98 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 1m

did anyone really want us to ge Clowe?

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#99 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

F*ck ... only guy i wanted

Don't throw in the towel yet. Have you tried sending him flowers? Chocolate?

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#100 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

3, second round picks from a team that is the lowest scoring in the league for a guy who has 0 goals this year.

This solidifies in my mind that we should be selling right now. The prices are too outrageous to be looking to add to our team.