• Please log in to reply
717 replies to this topic

#101 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

Don't throw in the towel yet. Have you tried sending him flowers? Chocolate?

I see what you did there...and I thought it was funny.

#102 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

If this team lost Franzen and Flipulla, we would be at the bottom of the conference. The Wings only have 4 legitimate top 6 forwards (not counting Brunner who is a potential top 6). If we lost two of them, we would be screwed. You can't just stick two wingers with Dats and Z and expect offense. The guys are having a hard enough time scoring already.

A first round pick does not equal a top 6 forward, or a top 4 defenseman. A first round pick in fact the majority of the time equals not playing in the NHL at all. The Wings have a good core, we literally need a top 6 forward and a top 2 D-man, or two top 6 forwards to be a legitimate contender for the Cup. We got two solid goalies, a group of solid rookies, and an extremely solid top 4 forwards. Datsyuk will be gone soon. Zetterberg and Franzen are becoming less effective. We have 1-2 seasons left at a chance for a cup. As soon as Datsyuk leaves, this team will tank. Might as well try and win a Cup while we stil can.

The Wings are drowning, DROWNING, in prospects. How many legitimate goalie prospects do we have? Half a dozen. If Holland is going to do anything, he might as well ditch the dead-weight on the team and get picks. The team has so many players who are not needed, he should just refresh them by trading them for picks.

The real question is, if you trade Flipulla for a 1st round pick, what is the probability of getting a player (who in the future) will be better or equal to Flipulla. If I had to make a guess, I would say less than 10%, and that's being generous.

Sheahan.  Only Sheahan.

If we could get a 1st for Flip and a 1st for Franzen I'd be quite excited.

Edited by TheOwl, 02 April 2013 - 05:38 PM.

#103 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

did anyone really want us to ge Clowe?

We need scoring.

He has no goals.

No.

#104 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Ken Holland won't do anything. He will come out after the deadline and say he was active and the prices were too high. He will say that the return of Bert and Helm will make him like this team. The Red Wings will either slide into a 7-8th spot and get killed in the first round or they will miss the playoffs altogether. The Cup will go to a team that improves year after year. Next years team will look exactly how it looks today but Fil will be handed a big sack of money that he does not deserve. 

Jeez that was depressing to write and I really hope i am wrong. What ever happened to the win at all costs days??? 

I hope your wrong but I think that's what's going to happen...

That said, we shouldn't make desperation trades. Boston got fleeced for Jagr, Iginla didn't want to come here, and J-Bo wasn't worth what they wanted from us. Unless we make a surprise deal for a legit player (Vanek), we will still be a middling, first round exit type team. These really are the transition years guys. We really banked on/needed to sign Suter to stay a legit contender...but we didn't.

#105 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

Sharks fans couldn't wait to get rid of him.

bringit.jpg

#106 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

We need scoring.

He has no goals.

No.

excatly

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#107 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

We really banked on/needed to sign Suter to stay a legit contender...but we didn't.

But for a 13 year deal? No thanks.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#108 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

If this team lost Franzen and Flipulla, we would be at the bottom of the conference. The Wings only have 4 legitimate top 6 forwards (not counting Brunner who is a potential top 6). If we lost two of them, we would be screwed. You can't just stick two wingers with Dats and Z and expect offense. The guys are having a hard enough time scoring already.

A first round pick does not equal a top 6 forward, or a top 4 defenseman. A first round pick in fact the majority of the time equals not playing in the NHL at all. The Wings have a good core, we literally need a top 6 forward and a top 2 D-man, or two top 6 forwards to be a legitimate contender for the Cup. We got two solid goalies, a group of solid rookies, and an extremely solid top 4 forwards. Datsyuk will be gone soon. Zetterberg and Franzen are becoming less effective. We have 1-2 seasons left at a chance for a cup. As soon as Datsyuk leaves, this team will tank. Might as well try and win a Cup while we stil can.

The Wings are drowning, DROWNING, in prospects. How many legitimate goalie prospects do we have? Half a dozen. If Holland is going to do anything, he might as well ditch the dead-weight on the team and get picks. The team has so many players who are not needed, he should just refresh them by trading them for picks.

The real question is, if you trade Flipulla for a 1st round pick, what is the probability of getting a player (who in the future) will be better or equal to Flipulla. If I had to make a guess, I would say less than 10%, and that's being generous.

That is the problem right there. Those two clowns have 13 goals between them 13! While playing top line minutes with two of the best play makers in the league. Brunner has 11 and gets demoted to the third line and he plays his ass off every night. The Wings have a ton of guys at forward but only 2 or three that are top 6

#109 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

Don't throw in the towel yet. Have you tried sending him flowers? Chocolate?

sent him a card

#110 btone

btone

Flomar

• 10 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

Here is the fact.  Rebuilding Detroit teams by giving away any valuable older players we have DOES NOT WORK.  The Lions have been doing this for decades, where they wait for the drafftttttt. or hope young players developppppp.  Here is what does happen, you let the young players develop, and then they leave.  No, the Wings have been successful in getting talent NOW. I dont care if they are older, we want to win now and that's all that matters.  Here is an example of us messing up.  We give up Hudler because we need the cap space, because we want more room for players to develop, because he wants too much money.  But yet, we sign Sammy for a big chunk of Hudler's salary and he plays next to no games all season.  The Red Wings have been great when they have talent on the team, bring in more talent, and do what ever they can to keep the talent.  This whole idea that we need to let our prospects grow is stupid and useless, and we'll just end up the Oilers. And I get that Datsyuk at one time was a prospect, but he grew up under talent.  We didnt throw all our talent to the wind or stop signing talent just waiting for Datsyuk to win games for us.

Edited by btone, 02 April 2013 - 05:49 PM.

#111 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

i agree with ppl who dont think we will maker a move i know it sucks but seriously would you want to lose flip or frazen for just picks? we need someone NOW not next season or possibly years later or not at all unless we can package them up and get Vanek or Gabriek forget it its not worth moving

#112 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

Once again, another thread that could easily be added to the TRADE DEADLINE thread. Just sayin', there's bound to be MANY trades, keep them from flooding the main section of the general discussion. Not that hard folks.

With that being said, good job by the Rags.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#113 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

lol yeah thats going to fix the rangers

they already have a guy like  him brian boyle

#114 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 3h

As expected, Clowe has waived his NTC to go to NYR. SJ and NYR just to need to finalize but not expected to be a problem.

F*ck ... only guy i wanted

so you like guys with big Goose eggs in scoring huh

#115 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

so you like guys with big Goose eggs in scoring huh

no i like big nasty guys who are physical and bodycheck the crap out of guys and who can occasionally fight ... you know guys we dont have ;)

anyways right now all i hope is we get rid of white , filppula or one of emmerton miller or eaves

junk that wont be back

#116 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

anyways right now all i hope is we get rid of white , filppula or one of emmerton miller or eaves

junk that wont be back

Am I misunderstanding or did you just call Flip and Eaves junk?

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#117 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

A 2nd, a high 3rd, and possibly another 2nd for a guy with ZERO goals on the season... Sather got FLEECED. Goodness!

Edited by Crymson, 02 April 2013 - 06:18 PM.

#118 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

Am I misunderstanding or did you just call Flip and Eaves junk?

filppula wants 5 million + and hes nowhere near that much money so yes ..... as for eaves i like eaves but one of eaves miller or emmerton should go for a pick since theres no need for all 3 here

#119 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

It's too early to throw Holland under the bus and question the manhood of this organization. Lots of overreacting.

That being said, being in transition is not an excuse for complacency. You still have to tweak and improve what you have. You dont just sit around and wait, or else you will never exit transition. Like Holland said, we need a big star. Or two. We lost on J Bo, wanted Jagr but recognized he would be a rental. It's not over.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#120 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,619 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Clowe to Rangers, meh. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman