• Please log in to reply
717 replies to this topic

#121 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

no i like big nasty guys who are physical and bodycheck the crap out of guys and who can occasionally fight ... you know guys we dont have ;)

Pretty sure that's Tootoo. He's not big but he's nasty, physical, body checks the crap out of guys and fights. Oh yeah and he has scored this season. Something Clowe hasn't done.

#122 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,643 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

Surprised Clowe went for so much.  

I thought he'd have a lower asking price, especially since Bouwmeester was traded for some Italian pastries I've never heard of.   

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#123 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

filppula wants 5 million + and hes nowhere near that much money so yes .....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he or any reliable source has said that he expects $5m.

#124 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,546 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

Yeah I keep hearing this 5 million thing and assume that it's just his agent's starting point for negotiations.  I think he'll resign for 4-4.5 eventually. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#125 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

Yeah I keep hearing this 5 million thing and assume that it's just his agent's starting point for negotiations.  I think he'll resign for 4-4.5 eventually. 

I'm pretty sure it started out as conjecture and was picked up by people here as fact.

#126 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

i seen it around on tsn and sportsnet when they talked about possible trade bait and seeing the prices these players are getting i wouldnt be surprised if hes thinking he can get 5 million from a team ... just today i heard derek roy was asking dallas for 6 million per ... these players are f*cken ridiculous

i predict filppula wont get traded and hes gonna go to another team and we'll lose out on a possible 1st round return ... just cause

Pretty sure that's Tootoo. He's not big but he's nasty, physical, body checks the crap out of guys and fights. Oh yeah and he has scored this season. Something Clowe hasn't done.

like you said hes not big ... hes hardly gonna intimidate anyone on boston next year ...nobody should be surprised next year when bostons running over everyone

here

It's just hard to imagine the Wings offering what Matheson and MLive's Ansar Khan reported was a $4.5-5 million asking price for a player who's skating into the boards and stripping himself of the puck lately.

So Matheson suggests that the Wings need to bite the bullet and part ways with #51 now instead of waiting until the draft to move Filppula's rights--even given the fears that Pavel Datsyuk may head home to be with his daughter in Yekaterinburg after next season:

#127 btone

btone

Flomar

• 10 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

filppula wants 5 million + and hes nowhere near that much money so yes ..... as for eaves i like eaves but one of eaves miller or emmerton should go for a pick since theres no need for all 3 here

What you have to understand is the price of players is going up.  The cap space will eventually start going up quick, because the fact of the matter is that hockey players have always been under paid.  That being said, the real question is that do we need a second line center.  Well, that comes down to do we think that Datsyuk will be here another 5 years?  If we think Filp can play as a second line center, than 5 mil is not an unreasonable price.  Think about who else makes around 5mil... Havlat, Kesler, Ribeiro, Doan.... and honestly I think Filp is just as valuable than any of those guys

#128 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

What you have to understand is the price of players is going up.  The cap space will eventually start going up quick, because the fact of the matter is that hockey players have always been under paid.  That being said, the real question is that do we need a second line center.  Well, that comes down to do we think that Datsyuk will be here another 5 years?  If we think Filp can play as a second line center, than 5 mil is not an unreasonable price.  Think about who else makes around 5mil... Havlat, Kesler, Ribeiro, Doan.... and honestly I think Filp is just as valuable than any of those guys

I'm sorry, but Flip is nothing compared to Doan and Kesler. You're talking about heart-and-soul guys who play physical at both ends of the ice, skate hard, and bury their chances when they get them. Filpulla's just here to collect a paycheck. He disappears and certainly isn't worth 5 mil a season. I doubt he's worth 4.

Edited by DetroitRedWings1993, 02 April 2013 - 08:09 PM.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#129 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

I'm sorry, but Flip is nothing compared to Doan and Kesler. You're talking about heart-and-soul guys who play physical at both ends of the ice, skate hard, and bury their chances when they get them. Filpulla's just here to collect a paycheck. He disappears and certainly isn't worth 5 mil a season. I doubt he's worth 4.

Question his production, but don't question his hustle and drive.

Filppula skates hard every night. He just doesn't have the skill set that this team needs: goal scoring ability.

Don't use Franzen descriptions when discussing Filppula. It isn't warranted.

#130 btone

btone

Flomar

• 10 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

Sure I get they might have more a physical presence on the ice, but keep in mind that last season Filp put up 66pts, 10pts more than Franzen who really has no business on the ice if you're talking about putting out players that play with heart & soul.  The truth is Filp is a player that can put up points, start plays and in my opinion the definition of a 2nd line center.  If I wanted a physical center on our second line than Doan would be perfect, but what we want is someone who has vison.

#131 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he or any reliable source has said that he expects $5m.

It wouldn't surprise me though if this is his asking price.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#132 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

It wouldn't surprise me though if this is his asking price.

You start high when you negotiate.

#133 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

If I wanted a physical center on our second line than Doan would be perfect, but what we want is someone who has vison.

My vision tells me that Shane Doan has never been a center.

#134 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,643 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

My vision tells me that Shane Doan has never been a center.

It's never too late to learn.  Faceoffs are overrated anyway.  

#135 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

I could see Kenny going aftet Enstrom or Babchuk...

He might call his okd buddy Reiger and ask for Stafford, Pominville or Vanek...

Wouldn't be surprised if he goes after Versteeg or Upshall...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#136 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

Can we please hurry up and do SOMETHING at least.

#137 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

I could see Kenny going aftet Enstrom or Babchuk...

He might call his okd buddy Reiger and ask for Stafford, Pominville or Vanek...

Wouldn't be surprised if he goes after Versteeg or Upshall...

Kris Versteeg is out for the season.

#138 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,643 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

Kris Versteeg is out for the season.

In that case, we'll trade Samuelsson for him straight up.  

#139 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

For all you baseball fans ... Yu Darvish has a perfect game through 8 innings. Get to a tv.

#140 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

http://kuklaskorner...._medium=twitter

Well, I guess that's the end of that.  He really WAS serious when he said that health would be our deadline moves.  I'm getting so tired of this.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.