• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nyquistfan14

Nyquist, Tatar, dekeyser

Rate this topic

how was dekeyser a recall?

Khan called it a "paper move", he was sent down to Grand Rapids in order to give him AHL eligibility, should the Red Wings decide he needs to get in games down there.

So Tatar cannot come up at all?

Based on Khan's tweets, it doesn't sound like it.

Edit: Of course, if the Red Wings should make the playoffs, he can come up.

Edited by Travis

Khan called it a "paper move", he was sent down to Grand Rapids in order to give him AHL eligibility, should the Red Wings decide he needs to get in games down there.

Based on Khan's tweets, it doesn't sound like it.

Edit: Of course, if the Red Wings should make the playoffs, he can come up.

Well that sucks. I thought Tatar could be up now, cause there is no roster limit anymore. Does anyone know why e can't be?

Guys, the reason is given right here, on the first page. Tweet #1 from Khan. If you want to see Tatar before the postseason, hope for more injuries up front.

1. Holland said the team exhausted its 4 recalls (also Lashoff) and can no longer recall a player from Griffins, unless it's on emergency basis

2. In paper move, Wings sent Andersson, Nyquist, DeKeyser to G. Rapids and then recalled them. Makes them eligible to play for GR going forward

Expand

i guess we can forget about tatar ....f*ck

Well if we make the playoffs, and everyone is healthy, I would go with this line up....

Filppula - Zetterberg - Brunner

Franzen - Datsyuk - Nyquist

Abdelkader - Helm - Tatar

Miller - Andersson - Tootoo

Scratched

Bertuzzi

Emmerton

Eaves

Samuelsson

Cleary

Kronwall - Ericsson

Kindl - DeKeyser

Smith - Lashoff

Scratched

White

Quincey

Colaiacovo

Howard

Gustavsson

The Wings are sitting in a playoff position, so I'm not sure how/why they would be giving up.

Well, they shouldn't. But the teams around us in the standings got better, and the Wings didn't. They will continue to be inconsistent. They probably will still make playoffs. They'd only have to muddle through the rest of the season and hope Columbus doesn't get hot, but if Holland really believed this team was going to do anything he would've made a move. He implied so himself in an earlier interview.

We're sitting in the playoffs now, but teams are starting (slightly) to separate, and we keep sliding back. This team this season has lost in pretty much every game when we had a chance to catch up to a higher team or hold off a lower team. I have a hard time picturing this current squad keeping up with the playoff pushes other bubble teams will do. They just don't seem to have that willpower or urgency anymore.

Again, we'll probably make playoffs, but Holland didn't make it any easier for them.

Well if we make the playoffs, and everyone is healthy, I would go with this line up....

Scratched

Bertuzzi

Emmerton

Eaves

Samuelsson

Cleary

Kronwall - Ericsson

Kindl - DeKeyser

Smith - Lashoff

Scratched

White

Quincey

Colaiacovo

Howard

Gustavsson

My ideal lines would be this, but I'd switch z and pavs. Would put Bert in for miller. Also put Quincey in for lashoff.

Scratched

Bertuzzi

Emmerton

Eaves

Samuelsson

Cleary

Kronwall - Ericsson

Kindl - DeKeyser

Smith - Lashoff

Scratched

White

Quincey

Colaiacovo

Howard

Gustavsson

You better hope Smith and Lashoff don't get caught in a bad matchup. A dangerous top line would tear them apart. Also, Samuelsson should play over Nyquist. I know we're all high on him here, but he doesn't bring any hustle to the lineup and he hasn't found his scoring touch in the NHL yet. Sammy, for all his flaws, at least generates some offense. And there's a strong argument to be made that Bertuzzi's hands are worth quite a bit on chaotic playoff hockey.

i dont care we didnt get a big name today i am a little pissed the rookies dont get more of an opportunity you can go on about how they have no experience and are prone to rookie mistakes ... well how else are they gonna learn??? i thought tatar did pretty dam good with all the games imagine if had another 20 games how much better he could of been

andersson has never been sent back down and id say hes doing pretty good

I agree that they learn by playing but we don't need to be teaching 10 of them at once, A couple this year and a couple next is a far more efficient way to get kids ready to play in the NHL.

We have 7 rookies on the team already, there is no reason to carry half the team as rookies unless you are tanking for a lottery pick.

Well, they shouldn't. But the teams around us in the standings got better, and the Wings didn't. They will continue to be inconsistent. They probably will still make playoffs. They'd only have to muddle through the rest of the season and hope Columbus doesn't get hot, but if Holland really believed this team was going to do anything he would've made a move. He implied so himself in an earlier interview.

We're sitting in the playoffs now, but teams are starting (slightly) to separate, and we keep sliding back. This team this season has lost in pretty much every game when we had a chance to catch up to a higher team or hold off a lower team. I have a hard time picturing this current squad keeping up with the playoff pushes other bubble teams will do. They just don't seem to have that willpower or urgency anymore.

Again, we'll probably make playoffs, but Holland didn't make it any easier for them.

IMO Nashville and San Jose didn't get better this week, LA didn't make a big splash, and the Oilers made a small trade. Only CBJ, Minn, and STL improved.

I'm not saying Gaborik would get us a Cup, but keep this line to yourself.

If you need a goal, are you REALLY relying on Dan Cleary as much as Marian Gaborik?

Is Marian Gaborik REALLY equal to Dan Cleary? Come on.....

Of course Cleary isn't as good as Gaborik, I was just pointing out that Gaborik is having a terrible year, and at this point we'd have been giving up 3 roster players gambling on a guy who is producing like Dan Cleary, our favorite whipping boy.

You better hope Smith and Lashoff don't get caught in a bad matchup. A dangerous top line would tear them apart. Also, Samuelsson should play over Nyquist. I know we're all high on him here, but he doesn't bring any hustle to the lineup and he hasn't found his scoring touch in the NHL yet. Sammy, for all his flaws, at least generates some offense. And there's a strong argument to be made that Bertuzzi's hands are worth quite a bit on chaotic playoff hockey.

Nyquist doesn't bring any hustle?? He's always skating hard and ill take him 7 days a week on twice on Sunday over Sammy.

He has more speed, skill, and hockey IQ. He may be a little weaker, but his compete level is way better than Sammy

Nyquist doesn't bring any hustle?? He's always skating hard and ill take him 7 days a week on twice on Sunday over Sammy.

He has more speed, skill, and hockey IQ. He may be a little weaker, but his compete level is way better than Sammy

Agree 100%

You have to remember that with these guys, they're being shuffled around so much that they can't really get any familiarity with the team. Before we write Gus or Tatar off, let's wait and see what they do with some sustained time on a line. Tatar showed he could be effective on a line with Andersson and Eaves. One of these guys (most likely) will be taking Cleary's spot next season.

i think we see dekeyser tomorrow

I don't think we will. Babs said he isn't just giving him a game unless he thinks the kid gives them a chance to win. No offence but how has DD shown he can be an improvement over our defense yet? This blows for DD because we are trying to squeak into the playoffs and can't really afford to have him fail if he does get a sniff.

I don't think we will. Babs said he isn't just giving him a game unless he thinks the kid gives them a chance to win. No offence but how has DD shown he can be an improvement over our defense yet? This blows for DD because we are trying to squeak into the playoffs and can't really afford to have him fail if he does get a sniff.

And Ian White improves our chances of winning?