Kindl- dekeyser

Colo/white/lashoff

#22 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

Everyone is freaking out because we didn't trade several roster players for Gaborik, when he has 1 more goal than Dan Cleary this season.

I'm not saying Gaborik would get us a Cup, but keep this line to yourself.

If you need a goal, are you REALLY relying on Dan Cleary as much as Marian Gaborik?

Is Marian Gaborik REALLY equal to Dan Cleary? Come on.....

#23 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

@AnsarKhanMLive: Holland said the team exhausted its 4 recalls (DeKeyser, Nyquist, Lashoff, Andersson) and can no longer recall a player from Griffins, unless it's on emergency basis

DeKeyser, Nyquist, Lashoff were all 'sent down' so that they'll be eligible for the Griffins if need be. So there won't be any extra youth in the line-up down the stretch. Also, Sheahan is not NHL ready at all.

So Tatar cannot come up at all?

#24 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

If we had Nyq and Tatar playing quality minutes all year we probably wouldn't even need a top 6 forward

Yes!

#25 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Yes!

second that

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#26 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

All of these moves make me feel like Holland has given up on making playoffs. I hope I'm just overreacting.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#27 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

how was dekeyser a recall?

Khan called it a "paper move", he was sent down to Grand Rapids in order to give him AHL eligibility, should the Red Wings decide he needs to get in games down there.

So Tatar cannot come up at all?

Based on Khan's tweets, it doesn't sound like it.

Edit: Of course, if the Red Wings should make the playoffs, he can come up.

Edited by Travis, 03 April 2013 - 03:37 PM.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#28 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Khan called it a "paper move", he was sent down to Grand Rapids in order to give him AHL eligibility, should the Red Wings decide he needs to get in games down there.

Based on Khan's tweets, it doesn't sound like it.

Edit: Of course, if the Red Wings should make the playoffs, he can come up.

Well that sucks. I thought Tatar could be up now, cause there is no roster limit anymore. Does anyone know why e can't be?

#29 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

I'm not understanding this. If the roster expands why can't they have moe players on it

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#30 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

All of these moves make me feel like Holland has given up on making playoffs. I hope I'm just overreacting.

The Wings are sitting in a playoff position, so I'm not sure how/why they would be giving up.

#31 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

I'm not understanding this. If the roster expands why can't they have moe players on it

This exactly. I don't get it

#32 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

Guys, the reason is given right here, on the first page.  Tweet #1 from Khan.  If you want to see Tatar before the postseason, hope for more injuries up front.

1. Holland said the team exhausted its 4 recalls (also Lashoff) and can no longer recall a player from Griffins, unless it's on emergency basis

2. In paper move, Wings sent Andersson, Nyquist, DeKeyser to G. Rapids and then recalled them. Makes them eligible to play for GR going forward

Expand

i guess we can forget about tatar ....f*ck

#33 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

Well if we make the playoffs,  and everyone is healthy, I would go with this line up....

Filppula - Zetterberg - Brunner

Franzen - Datsyuk - Nyquist

Abdelkader - Helm - Tatar

Miller - Andersson - Tootoo

Scratched

Bertuzzi

Emmerton

Eaves

Samuelsson

Cleary

Kronwall - Ericsson

Kindl - DeKeyser

Smith - Lashoff

Scratched

White

Quincey

Colaiacovo

Howard 

Gustavsson

be about it!

#34 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

The Wings are sitting in a playoff position, so I'm not sure how/why they would be giving up.

Well, they shouldn't.  But the teams around us in the standings got better, and the Wings didn't.  They will continue to be inconsistent.  They probably will still make playoffs.  They'd only have to muddle through the rest of the season and hope Columbus doesn't get hot, but if Holland really believed this team was going to do anything he would've made a move.  He implied so himself in an earlier interview.  

We're sitting in the playoffs now, but teams are starting (slightly) to separate, and we keep sliding back.  This team this season has lost in pretty much every game when we had a chance to catch up to a higher team or hold off a lower team.  I have a hard time picturing this current squad keeping up with the playoff pushes other bubble teams will do. They just don't seem to have that willpower or urgency anymore.

Again, we'll probably make playoffs, but Holland didn't make it any easier for them. 

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#35 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

Well if we make the playoffs,  and everyone is healthy, I would go with this line up....

Scratched
Bertuzzi
Emmerton
Eaves
Samuelsson
Cleary

Kronwall - Ericsson

Kindl - DeKeyser

Smith - Lashoff

Scratched
White
Quincey
Colaiacovo

Howard 
Gustavsson

My ideal lines would be this, but I'd switch z and pavs. Would put Bert in for miller. Also put Quincey in for lashoff.

#36 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

Scratched

Bertuzzi

Emmerton

Eaves

Samuelsson

Cleary

Kronwall - Ericsson

Kindl - DeKeyser

Smith - Lashoff

Scratched

White

Quincey

Colaiacovo

Howard 

Gustavsson

You better hope Smith and Lashoff don't get caught in a bad matchup.  A dangerous top line would tear them apart.  Also, Samuelsson should play over Nyquist.  I know we're all high on him here, but he doesn't bring any hustle to the lineup and he hasn't found his scoring touch in the NHL yet.  Sammy, for all his flaws, at least generates some offense.  And there's a strong argument to be made that Bertuzzi's hands are worth quite a bit on chaotic playoff hockey.

#37 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

i dont care we didnt get a big name today i am a little pissed the rookies dont get more of an opportunity you can go on about how they have no experience and are prone to rookie mistakes ... well how else are they gonna learn??? i thought tatar did pretty dam good with all the games imagine if had another 20 games how much better he could of been

andersson has never been sent back down and id say hes doing pretty good

I agree that they learn by playing but we don't need to be teaching 10 of them at once, A couple this year and a couple next is a far more efficient way to get kids ready to play in the NHL.

We have 7 rookies on the team already, there is no reason to carry half the team as rookies unless you are tanking for a lottery pick.

#38 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

Well, they shouldn't.  But the teams around us in the standings got better, and the Wings didn't.  They will continue to be inconsistent.  They probably will still make playoffs.  They'd only have to muddle through the rest of the season and hope Columbus doesn't get hot, but if Holland really believed this team was going to do anything he would've made a move.  He implied so himself in an earlier interview.  

We're sitting in the playoffs now, but teams are starting (slightly) to separate, and we keep sliding back.  This team this season has lost in pretty much every game when we had a chance to catch up to a higher team or hold off a lower team.  I have a hard time picturing this current squad keeping up with the playoff pushes other bubble teams will do. They just don't seem to have that willpower or urgency anymore.

Again, we'll probably make playoffs, but Holland didn't make it any easier for them. 

IMO Nashville and San Jose didn't get better this week, LA didn't make a big splash, and the Oilers made a small trade. Only CBJ, Minn, and STL improved.

#39 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

You guys whine like a bunch of school girls.  Embarrasing.

Posted Image

#40 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

I'm not saying Gaborik would get us a Cup, but keep this line to yourself.

If you need a goal, are you REALLY relying on Dan Cleary as much as Marian Gaborik?

Is Marian Gaborik REALLY equal to Dan Cleary? Come on.....

Of course Cleary isn't as good as Gaborik, I was just pointing out that Gaborik is having a terrible year, and at this point we'd have been giving up 3 roster players gambling on a guy who is producing like Dan Cleary, our favorite whipping boy.