• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

I should make clear: I'm all for letting the kids play. I'm just saying, if Holland could've avoided bringing all these young guns up to the big club, he almost certainly would've. Smith, maybe Nyquist - they were pretty much guaranteed a spot no matter what. But beyond that? This was supposed to be a decidedly veteran lineup.

Why do you continue to insist on trying to punish a man for a scenario that never even happened?! Injuries happened to roster players and rookies were brought up, which I might add, isn't a situation exclusive to the Detroit Red Wings. And it's because of these rookies, players that HE drafted, that have helped keep this team in a position on relevance in the West. Time to start thinking about putting the pitchfork down.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#62 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

Why do you continue to insist on trying to punish a man for a scenario that never even happened?! Injuries happened to roster players and rookies were brought up, which I might add, isn't a situation exclusive to the Detroit Red Wings. And it's because of these rookies, players that HE drafted, that have helped keep this team in a position on relevance in the West. Time to start thinking about putting the pitchfork down.

nonono don't say that around here, it isn't because of him, it's because of the scouts that we have those players, but before he became gm when he was head of scouting, it was the gm who brought in the talent, not the scouts, or at least thats what the LGW gm's think

#63 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

On the DeKeyser front, looks like he's in the lineup tonight vs. the 'Yotes.

#64 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

Exactly! Throw those two with pavel, and let Z play with mule and fil!

Babcock loves having a grinder go get the puck for his small skilled guys, therefore, when Helm gets back, some nice pairings could be:

Z-Dats-Abby

Franzen-Flip-Cleary (cause he won't put him on the 4th line...)

Nyquist-Helm-Brunner

4th line insert here.

Abby, Cleary and Helm retrieve the puck.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#65 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

Babcock loves having a grinder go get the puck for his small skilled guys, therefore, when Helm gets back, some nice pairings could be:

Z-Dats-Abby
Franzen-Flip-Cleary (cause he won't put him on the 4th line...)
Nyquist-Helm-Brunner
4th line insert here.

Abby, Cleary and Helm retrieve the puck.

That second line is awful.

#66 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

On the DeKeyser front, looks like he's in the lineup tonight vs. the 'Yotes.

Source?

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#67 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

Add Sheahan to this list.

I don't need a be an NHL head coach to see Dan Cleary fall on his ass at least once per shift or Ian White get pushed around like a little girl in every corner.

Sheahan is still finding his offensive consistency.  I'd be fine with him starting next season in GR (which will likely be the case anyway).  Plus, with his well documented off-ice issues I can't help but feel that the organization is hesitant to reward him right now over some of the other guys who can make the same type of impact.

Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#68 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

Source?

esteef

Only thing I've found so far...

@CawlidgeHawkeyO: Source: Danny DeKeyser (@DeKeyser5) will make his NHL debut tonight vs PHX. 2nd former @WMUHockey star to make debut this year. (@Tenner_7)

Edited by BottleOfSmoke, 04 April 2013 - 12:59 PM.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#69 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

That second line is awful.

That's cause Cleary is on there when Tatar should be.  I don't have the luxury of realistically not adding Cleary in Tatar's spot. 

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#70 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

From Babcock via Khan, no DeKeyser tonight:

Babcock said Brunner is out. Lashoff in for White. DeKeyser not playing. Zetterberg is in.

#71 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

Helene also confirms DK's out.

@HeleneStJames: DeKeyser not playing tonight. #RedWings

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#72 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

It's a shame DD isn't in tonight; perhaps tomorrow night vs. the Avs. 

As far as Nyquist and Tatar, I really think Nyquist stays down next year unless something gives with Bert or Sammy, or if Flip doesn't re-sign here. Tatar and Andersson are no long waiver-exempt next season, and I imagine they take the spots of Cleary and Miller. My money is on Tatar starting on the 3rd line, and Andersson on the 4th.

#73 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

It's a shame DD isn't in tonight; perhaps tomorrow night vs. the Avs. 

As far as Nyquist and Tatar, I really think Nyquist stays down next year unless something gives with Bert or Sammy, or if Flip doesn't re-sign here. Tatar and Andersson are no long waiver-exempt next season, and I imagine they take the spots of Cleary and Miller. My money is on Tatar starting on the 3rd line, and Andersson on the 4th.

I think something will give with Sammy...something called an amnesty buy out.  Colaiacavo will be the other one imo.

#74 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

As much as Danny D wants to get some playing time in the big show, i'm sure he isn't as pissed as many of us are in these forums. He knows the team is fighting for a playoff spot right now. Do you really want to play your first games as a Red Wing and make mistakes that cost them the game? Would you want your first experience to also be stained as "why the wings didn't make the playoffs?" We had a seasoned player in Kyle Quincey that joined us mid-season when we were on our beautiful home-streak. What happened when we added him to the equation? That s*** ended quickly. I would hate for DeKeyser to magically get blamed for making us miss the playoffs if he made some rookie mistakes in his first game that lead to direct goals. That ruins confidence, and we need to build his confidence within this league. Does he want to play? Absolutely, but like Babcock has said, he's only going to play DeKeyser when he knows he will excel and help the win. If he doesn't see DeKeyser helping the win, he isn't playing. It's very risky placing a player with no experience within the roster that is fighting for a spot.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.