• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

ryan clowe haters

Rate this topic

to the ryan clowe haters who thought he sucked with his 0 goals was washed up and laughed at me for saying the wings should go hardcore for him .... i know its just one game but 2 goals 2 assists first game as a ranger

suck it lol

could of had a 6"2 225 pd hitting machine that also fights and shows up bigtime in the playoffs .... but its ok we got samuelsson and bertuzzi

yes its just one game but i look forward to seeing him produce just to prove the haters wrong .... big missed opportunity

Guest Crymson

It's a damned shame that we didn't pick up Brunnstrom, too. After all, he scored a hat trick in his very first game! No, wait...

After all this time, don't we know better than to judge players on a sample size of one game?

P.S.: Clowe's two goals were gimmes. He scored the first one after been gifted a loose puck in front of the net and having nobody to beat but the goalie, and the second one was a tap-in into a wide-open net.

Or 2 goals 1 assist. At least get the stats right before posting something irrelevant. Even Cory Cross scored a goal his first game as a Red Wing. I'm sure they will enjoy his services taking bad penalties and putting them on the PK more frequently also, because that's a big benefit that comes with Ryan Clowe.

I wanted him to.

But I just wrote in a different thread, that it'd be hard to outbid the Rangers. I think they gave up a lot for him. It could prove to be a great move, however.

He was someone we'd need. A big, hungry forward who fights and was needing a change of scenery.

It's a damned shame that we didn't pick up Brunnstrom, too. After all, he scored a hat trick in his very first game! No, wait...

After all this time, don't we know better than to judge players on a sample size of one game?

P.S.: Clowe's two goals were gimmes. He scored the first one after been gifted a loose puck in front of the net and having nobody to beat but the goalie, and the second one was a tap-in into a wide-open net.

Well obviously unlike Brunnstrom Clowe has an established history of producing in the NHL. Not a fan of his but I wouldn't be angry if we acquired or signed him.

goals are goals are you serious now??? cause if a redwing was here scoring 2 goals youd be saying that excuse and bruunstrom is someone who came from europe who ended up being a flop not an nhl veteran whos been a consistent 20+ goal guy who hits and grinds and shows up in the post season

Just because he had 0 goals people thought he was a bum and finished .... we shall see

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Or 2 goals 1 assist. At least get the stats right before posting something irrelevant. Even Cory Cross scored a goal his first game as a Red Wing. I'm sure they will enjoy his services taking bad penalties and putting them on the PK more frequently also, because that's a big benefit that comes with Ryan Clowe.

k i just checked i guess they took away an assist from clowe but he did have 4 pts when i was watching hockey with friends ... still 2 goals and 3 pts what an awfu ranger debut ... and comparing cory cross to ryan clowe? seriously man? whats with some people here , yes he takes bad penalties but he also knocks guys down on there ass and shows up in the post season

goodluck taking on the bruins next year , dont compare when datsyuk and zetterberg keep getting knocked down all the time and all we have is tootoo to show up

I wanted him to.

But I just wrote in a different thread, that it'd be hard to outbid the Rangers. I think they gave up a lot for him. It could prove to be a great move, however.

He was someone we'd need. A big, hungry forward who fights and was needing a change of scenery.

yes they gave up too much but we could of offset it a bit by trying to trade white for a pick (still cant believe we didnt trade him) or a miller/eaves for a pick as well and put in clowe

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

k i just checked i guess they took away an assist from clowe but he did have 4 pts when i was watching hockey with friends ... still 2 goals and 3 pts what an awfu ranger debut ... and comparing cory cross to ryan clowe? seriously man? whats with some people here , yes he takes bad penalties but he also knocks guys down on there ass and shows up in the post season

goodluck taking on the bruins next year , dont compare when datsyuk and zetterberg keep getting knocked down all the time and all we have is tootoo to show up

yes they gave up too much but we could of offset it a bit by trying to trade white for a pick (still cant believe we didnt trade him) or a miller/eaves for a pick as well and put in clowe

More comparing the common frequency of a player having a good first game on a new team. It's one game, although the "suck it" was a really classy way of backing up your point, a "told you so" thread really isn't valid yet especially considering there was no real indication that we were pursuing Clowe at all and well, "seriously man", it's one game. If Clowe turns into a 3 point per game player on the Rangers next season and puts up a 246 point season then this entire thread makes so much more sense. :)

Guest Crymson

Well obviously unlike Brunnstrom Clowe has an established history of producing in the NHL. Not a fan of his but I wouldn't be angry if we acquired or signed him.

Sample size without goals: 28 games

Sample size with goals: one game

Yep, he has a history of scoring... that is, less than 20 goals per season. He is also one of the dumbest players in the league, and certainly one of the least disciplined.

More comparing the common frequency of a player having a good first game on a new team. It's one game, although the "suck it" was a really classy way of backing up your point, a "told you so" thread really isn't valid yet especially considering there was no real indication that we were pursuing Clowe at all and well, "seriously man", it's one game. If Clowe turns into a 3 point per game player on the Rangers next season and puts up a 246 point season then this entire thread makes so much more sense. :)

never said clowe was a 3 pt a game player but most people here just look at the stats see 0 goals and think the player is washed up ( i bet most people dont even watch games outside of redwings games) clowe is a consistent 20 + goal guy and yes hes struggled this year but it was way too soon to write him off ... he's still a big body who hits and shows up when it counts in the playoffs

people here will complain next year when boston is knocking us around .... and when it happens i really dont wanna hear it (in this case read it )

if clowe gets 20 + goals next year this thread will make just as much sense ;)

Clowe's a UFA in the summer. You never know. There's still a chance to get him. He's only 30, I actually though he was a little older than that.

im sure there was some sort of prearranged agreement that the rangers would resign him (clowe was looking for an extention)

i dont expect him to be a free agent at all

Yep, he has a history of scoring... that is, less than 20 goals per season. He is also one of the dumbest players in the league, and certainly one of the least disciplined.

im sure alot of people hated tootoo and love him now .... im sure alot of people hated pronger as did i but if he came here instead of the flyers we'd all love him .... and even you im sure if clowe was a redwing and scored 2 goals in his debut and you saw him knock guys on there asses all the time would learn to like him ..... yes even you

that being said i wouldnt be surprised to see the rangers go on a little run since hes the type of player the rangers needed since losing prust

You know what I mean. Zetterberg had a 1 goal in 20+ games streak this year, I guess he sucks too? I know you like being the contrarian around here but quit acting dumb. Less than 20? 22, 19, 24, and 17, that's averaging 20 goals a season. Also I said producing i.e. points, not scoring goals.

and i was mentioning earlier about ryane clowe showing up in the playoffs not only does he do the dirty work ....45 pts in 68 games .... not bad for a bum

You know what I mean. Zetterberg had a 1 goal in 20+ games streak this year, I guess he sucks too? I know you like being the contrarian around here but quit acting dumb. Less than 20? 22, 19, 24, and 17, that's averaging 20 goals a season. Also I said producing i.e. points, not scoring goals.

got 3 times 50+ pts compared to filppula's 1 and he was never considered a top offensive guy unlike filppula ... not bad for someone who sucks

Guest Crymson

Zetterberg has eight goals and 32 points, so your point holds not a drop of water.

Clowe's first full season was 2006-2007. You have omitted that.

I have never posted purely with being contrary in mind, so you are incorrect.

and i was mentioning earlier about ryane clowe showing up in the playoffs not only does he do the dirty work ....45 pts in 68 games .... not bad for a bum

got 3 times 50+ pts compared to filppula's 1 and he was never considered a top offensive guy unlike filppula ... not bad for someone who sucks

Filppula thus far has had only two seasons as a second line center, and he has not had the benefit of having almost literally always played on a line with the likes of Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, and Couture.

im sure alot of people hated tootoo and love him now .... im sure alot of people hated pronger as did i but if he came here instead of the flyers we'd all love him .... and even you im sure if clowe was a redwing and scored 2 goals in his debut and you saw him knock guys on there asses all the time would learn to like him ..... yes even you

that being said i wouldnt be surprised to see the rangers go on a little run since hes the type of player the rangers needed since losing prust

Should I make a rejoinder to that empty post, or would you prefer a "suck it lol" instead?

Edited by Crymson

Zetterberg has eight goals and 32 points, so your point holds not a drop of water.

I have never posted purely with being contrary in mind, so you are incorrect.

Filppula thus far has had only two seasons as a second line center, and he has not had the benefit of having almost literally always played on a line with the likes of Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, and Couture.

Should I make a rejoinder to that empty post, or would you prefer a "suck it lol" instead?

no just datsyuk, zetterberg, franzen, hudler, and bertuzzi... :sarcasm:

Guest Crymson

no just datsyuk, zetterberg, franzen, hudler, and bertuzzi... :sarcasm:

Ah, the same Bertuzzi whom you smash, yes? The same Hudler whom everyone criticized? The lazy Franzen everyone blasts constantly?

I don't think that Filppula has ever played a long regular-season stretch with Datsyuk, and last season was his first on Zetterberg's wing.

Edited by Crymson

Zetterberg had 1 goal through 21 games during a period this year. Clowe has had 2 goals through 29. It goes to show established players can go through dry spells.

Um, okay but that just helps Clowe's case. 16 goals in 58 games is over a 20 goal pace by far. I didn't include it because what a player did 7 years ago doesn't have much barring on how well he's play in the future. On average the past 4 seasons he has produced at a clip higher than Flippula. If you don't like the Flip comparsion think of him as Hudler with size and grit.

I don't even like the guy I cheered when Kronwall layed the smack down on him multiple times but to dimiss him as garbage because he had a bad start to a lockout shortened season is unfair.

Edited by Number19

Rangers improved a lot this week, not just with Clowe but also Brassard and Dorsett.

Rangers > Detroit Red Wings

Rangers > Win Now Mode not built for the future

Red Wings > re-tool/build-mode

two complete different scenarios alongside different trade-deadline strategies.