48 replies to this topic

#21 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

no just datsyuk, zetterberg, franzen, hudler, and bertuzzi...  :sarcasm:

Ah, the same Bertuzzi whom you smash, yes? The same Hudler whom everyone criticized? The lazy Franzen everyone blasts constantly?

I don't think that Filppula has ever played a long regular-season stretch with Datsyuk, and last season was his first on Zetterberg's wing.

Edited by Crymson, 04 April 2013 - 12:00 AM.

#22 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

Would have loved Ryan Clowe, the guy is a beast not afraid of anybody and will drop the gloves gives you 100 % everytime he is on ice.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#23 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

Zetterberg has eight goals and 32 points, so your point holds not a drop of water.

Clowe's first full season was 2006-2007. You have omitted that.

Zetterberg had 1 goal through 21 games during a period this year. Clowe has had 2 goals through 29. It goes to show established players can go through dry spells.

Um, okay but that just helps Clowe's case. 16 goals in 58 games is over a 20 goal pace by far. I didn't include it because what a player did 7 years ago doesn't have much barring on how well he's play in the future. On average the past 4 seasons he has produced at a clip higher than Flippula. If you don't like the Flip comparsion think of him as Hudler with size and grit.

I don't even like the guy I cheered when Kronwall layed the smack down on him multiple times but to dimiss him as garbage because he had a bad start to a lockout shortened season is unfair.

Edited by Number19, 04 April 2013 - 12:06 AM.

#24 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,976 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:12 AM

Rangers improved a lot this week, not just with Clowe but also Brassard and Dorsett.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#25 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:16 AM

Rangers improved a lot this week, not just with Clowe but also Brassard and Dorsett.

Rangers > Detroit Red Wings

Rangers > Win Now Mode not built for the future

Red Wings > re-tool/build-mode

two complete different scenarios alongside different trade-deadline strategies.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#26 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:24 AM

Zetterberg has eight goals and 32 points, so your point holds not a drop of water.

Clowe's first full season was 2006-2007. You have omitted that.

I have never posted purely with being contrary in mind, so you are incorrect.

Filppula thus far has had only two seasons as a second line center, and he has not had the benefit of having almost literally always played on a line with the likes of Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, and Couture. 

Should I make a rejoinder to that empty post, or would you prefer a "suck it lol" instead?

maybe filppula only played 2 seasons as a number 2 center because he wasnt good enough??? 13 pts in 29 games ya hes putting clowe to shame ;)

#27 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:30 AM

Good god the same person will say the rangers didn't make the playoffs becuse of Clowe
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#28 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

Good god the same person will say the rangers didn't make the playoffs becuse of Clowe

i seriously doubt that ;)

#29 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

clowe sucks

2 goals yipee

Edited by 10 Minute Misconduct, 04 April 2013 - 02:25 AM.

Posted Image

#30 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,976 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:06 AM

Rangers > Detroit Red Wings
Rangers > Win Now Mode not built for the future
Red Wings > re-tool/build-mode

two complete different scenarios alongside different trade-deadline strategies.

My comment was just stating a fact, but to be honest I dont think the Rangers future look that bad. They have a great core that will stick around for many more years. Probably longer than Datsyuk and Zetterberg.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#31 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,106 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:13 AM

Clowe is great. Wanted him in a Wings jersey - but, honestly, he's better suited to the blue shirts. (And yes, that is a knock against us.)

Edited by Dabura, 04 April 2013 - 08:35 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#32 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:25 AM

Kenny may have inquired about Clowe but Wilson may have refused to deal him to a Conference rival.  We don't know.  Clowe may have not wanted to go to Detroit.  He turned down Philly.  I know the Wings are going to the East next season but would you deal Filppula to the Sharks and help them make the playoffs and have the Wings miss it?  Alot of things go on with GM's that we don't know about.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#33 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:22 AM

It's important to keep in mind that Kenny may have never had the option, as Clowe and an NTC. I haven't seen anyone knock Kenny yet, but it's LGW, so it's coming.

I was high in Clowe as well, but I know a Sharks fan who couldn't have been happier to see him leave. Aside from his lack of production, San Jose fans were growing tired of his boneheaded plays.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#34 ZforC

ZforC

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

to the ryan clowe haters who thought he sucked with his 0 goals was washed up and laughed at me for saying the wings should go hardcore for him .... i know its just one game but 2 goals 2 assists first game as a ranger

suck it  lol

could of had a  6"2 225 pd hitting machine that also fights and shows up bigtime in the playoffs .... but its ok we got samuelsson and bertuzzi

yes its just one game but i look forward to seeing him produce just to prove the haters wrong .... big missed opportunity

I agree about ammi. Bert not so much as when he is healthy he can be very effective. I truely believe hes one of those players that needed a change of scenery

#35 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

It's important to keep in mind that Kenny may have never had the option, as Clowe and an NTC. I haven't seen anyone knock Kenny yet, but it's LGW, so it's coming.

I was high in Clowe as well, but I know a Sharks fan who couldn't have been happier to see him leave. Aside from his lack of production, San Jose fans were growing tired of his boneheaded plays.

And from all reports, they didn't even look at Clowe who I would think would be considered a "depth player" which Kenny said they weren't going to target.  Looks like the targets were Jagr, JBo, & Pominville.  

#36 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

One of the main Clowe haters reporting in. :lol:

Consistency is a hell of a lot better than 1 big game.  Abdelkader looked like a sniping power forward for 1 game this year and a grinder the rest.

You can paint a turd gold.....

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#37 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,106 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

One of the main Clowe haters reporting in. :lol:

Consistency is a hell of a lot better than 1 big game.  Abdelkader looked like a sniping power forward for 1 game this year and a grinder the rest.

You can paint a turd gold.....

I'd rather have Clowe on Datsyuk's wing than Abdelkader.

MINI-RANT TIME!

The days of winning on skill alone are pretty much over. And we're moving to the EC. So: we need to get a little bigger, stronger, meaner. Holland believes we'll be fine if we just "play big" and our "big guys" put the hurt on. Well, that's great and all, except Helm can't stay healthy, Bertuzzi's like 90 years old, Sammy is Sammy, Franzen is Franzen...and our scoring corps includes Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula, Brunner, Nyquist....

Don't Toews me, bro!

#38 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,613 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

to the ryan clowe haters who thought he sucked with his 0 goals was washed up and laughed at me for saying the wings should go hardcore for him .... i know its just one game but 2 goals 2 assists first game as a ranger

suck it  lol

could of had a  6"2 225 pd hitting machine that also fights and shows up bigtime in the playoffs .... but its ok we got samuelsson and bertuzzi

yes its just one game but i look forward to seeing him produce just to prove the haters wrong .... big missed opportunity

What are you like 12? That is awesome..Clowe is a plugger, even the sun shines on a dogs ass somedays. People ***** around here how we have to get younger so Kenny doesn't overpay and trade any of his picks or prospects away and now people ***** because we didn't pick up a guy with 0 goals who the Rangers had to give away 2 picks and maybe a 3rd.  This place is senseless..and stop making a thread every 5 minutes..trust me sometimes it's better to keep the thoughts in..especially in your case...if you smellllll llll llll llll llll what the puckbag is cooking..sorry had to match lame 90's wrestling buzz phrase.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#39 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

And from all reports, they didn't even look at Clowe who I would think would be considered a "depth player" which Kenny said they weren't going to target.  Looks like the targets were Jagr, JBo, & Pominville.  

That could very well be the case, as well. Clowe is certainly not a high-end scorer of any sort, and that's quite plainly what the Wings could use. I understand that next year's move to the Eastern Conference would be well suited to include some sandpaper, but I don't think Clowe is that guy, myself.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#40 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,828 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

Ah, the same Bertuzzi whom you smash, yes? The same Hudler whom everyone criticized? The lazy Franzen everyone blasts constantly?

I don't think that Filppula has ever played a long regular-season stretch with Datsyuk, and last season was his first on Zetterberg's wing.

when do I "smash" bertuzzi? I like bert, always have, and he served his purpose on the top two lines the last few years, now I think he is a third liner though, when healthy. I will give you Hudler, but you can't argue that he did score 25 goals last year. I have always been ok with Franzens style of play, and I believe he is a huge piece of our team