• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

My Loony Bun Is Fine, Benny Lava

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

k i just checked i guess they took away an assist from clowe but he did have 4 pts when i was watching hockey with friends ... still 2 goals and 3 pts what an awfu ranger debut  ... and comparing cory cross to ryan clowe? seriously man? whats with some people here  , yes he takes bad penalties but he also knocks guys down on there ass and shows up in the post season

goodluck taking on the bruins next year , dont compare when datsyuk and zetterberg keep getting knocked down all the time and all we have is tootoo to show up

yes they gave up too much but we could of offset it a bit by trying to trade white for a pick (still cant believe we didnt trade him) or a miller/eaves for a pick as well and put in clowe

What is up w/some people?  They are convinced, whether they admit it or not, that Wings management reads these boards and always towing the company line will get them a job.  That's the only thing I can think of, because to not criticize this team is ludicrous.

Re: White....I can believe it.  He still is a serviceable depth guy; we are only rebuilding when we don't like prices, all other times, we are trying to maintain a level of mediocrity that will lock in the 7th or 8th seed.  That's the magic of Ken Holland--you get both--no value for players primed to leave but no "overpayment" to get pieces needed for a real run.  Ahh, 1st round playoff exits....drink them in!

#42 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

Change of scenery did him good

IPB Image

#43 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

I'd rather have Clowe on Datsyuk's wing than Abdelkader.

MINI-RANT TIME!

The days of winning on skill alone are pretty much over. And we're moving to the EC. So: we need to get a little bigger, stronger, meaner. Holland believes we'll be fine if we just "play big" and our "big guys" put the hurt on. Well, that's great and all, except Helm can't stay healthy, Bertuzzi's like 90 years old, Sammy is Sammy, Franzen is Franzen...and our scoring corps includes Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula, Brunner, Nyquist....

The notion of the Wings going to the East has been floaitng around for years, and with the realignment proposals being tabled for a few years now, Holland started his plan last year in the draft when the smallest player he drafted was 6'0.  I'm all for getting big players, see my sig below, but I don't think Ryan Clowe is the answer.  I just pure don't like the guy.  Too many years of hating the douchey s*** he does against the Wings I guess.  I'd rather Holland offer Clarkson 5 mil per or so and try to get him out of Jersey.  I'm really looking forward to the days when we have Sheahan and Andersson as mainstays in the bottom 6, and bigger skilled guys like Frk, Tvrdon and Jurco (which would make a badass line BTW) finding their way into our top 6 to help balance out smaller guys like Tatar and Nyquist.  One of the main reasons I in no way want Holland to trade our 1st pick this year is cause there's so many big forwards in the 1st round.  We need to keep drafting big and make offers to guys like Clarkson this offseason, as well as Mason Raymond...differnece makers like those guys.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#44 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

Good for Clowe he did well in his debut, I wouldn't of minded him on the Wings at all, but we wont so suck it.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#45 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

to the ryan clowe haters who thought he sucked with his 0 goals was washed up and laughed at me for saying the wings should go hardcore for him .... i know its just one game but 2 goals 2 assists first game as a ranger

suck it  lol

could of had a  6"2 225 pd hitting machine that also fights and shows up bigtime in the playoffs .... but its ok we got samuelsson and bertuzzi

yes its just one game but i look forward to seeing him produce just to prove the haters wrong .... big missed opportunity

ZOMG GIVE HIM AN EXTENSION NOWWWW!! Why do I have a sneaky suspicion youve been waiting a couple weeks for him to finally score so you could come in and try and give some validation to things youve been posting. HE had a good game. Good for him. But based on his play this season hes more likely to finish the season like the first 28 instead of the last one.

#46 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

It's a damned shame that we didn't pick up Brunnstrom, too. After all, he scored a hat trick in his very first game! No, wait...

After all this time, don't we know better than to judge players on a sample size of one game?

P.S.: Clowe's two goals were gimmes. He scored the first one after been gifted a loose puck in front of the net and having nobody to beat but the goalie, and the second one was a tap-in into a wide-open net.

Mark Parrish scored a hattie in his first game as a Star, too. Awesome tenure he went on to have in Dallas. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#47 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

The guy has 2 goals in 30 games..any way you slice it thats terrible.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#48 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

Sample size without goals: 28 games

Sample size with goals: one game

Yep, he has a history of scoring... that is, less than 20 goals per season. He is also one of the dumbest players in the league, and certainly one of the least disciplined.

Dude, you know what that mean though right? Clowe is on pace for 26 goals this year!

I can't believe we missed out on trading for Bryce Harper too. He hit 2 HR's in his first 2 At Bats of the season...

Oh wait, wrong sport.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#49 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

A change of scenery can work wonders sometimes.

However, it was only one game.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien