• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

ryan clowe haters

Rate this topic

Zetterberg has eight goals and 32 points, so your point holds not a drop of water.

Clowe's first full season was 2006-2007. You have omitted that.

I have never posted purely with being contrary in mind, so you are incorrect.

Filppula thus far has had only two seasons as a second line center, and he has not had the benefit of having almost literally always played on a line with the likes of Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, and Couture.

Should I make a rejoinder to that empty post, or would you prefer a "suck it lol" instead?

maybe filppula only played 2 seasons as a number 2 center because he wasnt good enough??? 13 pts in 29 games ya hes putting clowe to shame ;)

Rangers > Detroit Red Wings

Rangers > Win Now Mode not built for the future

Red Wings > re-tool/build-mode

two complete different scenarios alongside different trade-deadline strategies.

My comment was just stating a fact, but to be honest I dont think the Rangers future look that bad. They have a great core that will stick around for many more years. Probably longer than Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Kenny may have inquired about Clowe but Wilson may have refused to deal him to a Conference rival. We don't know. Clowe may have not wanted to go to Detroit. He turned down Philly. I know the Wings are going to the East next season but would you deal Filppula to the Sharks and help them make the playoffs and have the Wings miss it? Alot of things go on with GM's that we don't know about.

It's important to keep in mind that Kenny may have never had the option, as Clowe and an NTC. I haven't seen anyone knock Kenny yet, but it's LGW, so it's coming.

I was high in Clowe as well, but I know a Sharks fan who couldn't have been happier to see him leave. Aside from his lack of production, San Jose fans were growing tired of his boneheaded plays.

to the ryan clowe haters who thought he sucked with his 0 goals was washed up and laughed at me for saying the wings should go hardcore for him .... i know its just one game but 2 goals 2 assists first game as a ranger

suck it lol

could of had a 6"2 225 pd hitting machine that also fights and shows up bigtime in the playoffs .... but its ok we got samuelsson and bertuzzi

yes its just one game but i look forward to seeing him produce just to prove the haters wrong .... big missed opportunity

I agree about ammi. Bert not so much as when he is healthy he can be very effective. I truely believe hes one of those players that needed a change of scenery

It's important to keep in mind that Kenny may have never had the option, as Clowe and an NTC. I haven't seen anyone knock Kenny yet, but it's LGW, so it's coming.

I was high in Clowe as well, but I know a Sharks fan who couldn't have been happier to see him leave. Aside from his lack of production, San Jose fans were growing tired of his boneheaded plays.

And from all reports, they didn't even look at Clowe who I would think would be considered a "depth player" which Kenny said they weren't going to target. Looks like the targets were Jagr, JBo, & Pominville.

One of the main Clowe haters reporting in. :lol:

Consistency is a hell of a lot better than 1 big game. Abdelkader looked like a sniping power forward for 1 game this year and a grinder the rest.

You can paint a turd gold.....

I'd rather have Clowe on Datsyuk's wing than Abdelkader.

MINI-RANT TIME!

The days of winning on skill alone are pretty much over. And we're moving to the EC. So: we need to get a little bigger, stronger, meaner. Holland believes we'll be fine if we just "play big" and our "big guys" put the hurt on. Well, that's great and all, except Helm can't stay healthy, Bertuzzi's like 90 years old, Sammy is Sammy, Franzen is Franzen...and our scoring corps includes Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula, Brunner, Nyquist....

to the ryan clowe haters who thought he sucked with his 0 goals was washed up and laughed at me for saying the wings should go hardcore for him .... i know its just one game but 2 goals 2 assists first game as a ranger

suck it lol

could of had a 6"2 225 pd hitting machine that also fights and shows up bigtime in the playoffs .... but its ok we got samuelsson and bertuzzi

yes its just one game but i look forward to seeing him produce just to prove the haters wrong .... big missed opportunity

What are you like 12? That is awesome..Clowe is a plugger, even the sun shines on a dogs ass somedays. People ***** around here how we have to get younger so Kenny doesn't overpay and trade any of his picks or prospects away and now people ***** because we didn't pick up a guy with 0 goals who the Rangers had to give away 2 picks and maybe a 3rd. This place is senseless..and stop making a thread every 5 minutes..trust me sometimes it's better to keep the thoughts in..especially in your case...if you smellllll llll llll llll llll what the puckbag is cooking..sorry had to match lame 90's wrestling buzz phrase.

And from all reports, they didn't even look at Clowe who I would think would be considered a "depth player" which Kenny said they weren't going to target. Looks like the targets were Jagr, JBo, & Pominville.

That could very well be the case, as well. Clowe is certainly not a high-end scorer of any sort, and that's quite plainly what the Wings could use. I understand that next year's move to the Eastern Conference would be well suited to include some sandpaper, but I don't think Clowe is that guy, myself.

Ah, the same Bertuzzi whom you smash, yes? The same Hudler whom everyone criticized? The lazy Franzen everyone blasts constantly?

I don't think that Filppula has ever played a long regular-season stretch with Datsyuk, and last season was his first on Zetterberg's wing.

when do I "smash" bertuzzi? I like bert, always have, and he served his purpose on the top two lines the last few years, now I think he is a third liner though, when healthy. I will give you Hudler, but you can't argue that he did score 25 goals last year. I have always been ok with Franzens style of play, and I believe he is a huge piece of our team

k i just checked i guess they took away an assist from clowe but he did have 4 pts when i was watching hockey with friends ... still 2 goals and 3 pts what an awfu ranger debut ... and comparing cory cross to ryan clowe? seriously man? whats with some people here , yes he takes bad penalties but he also knocks guys down on there ass and shows up in the post season

goodluck taking on the bruins next year , dont compare when datsyuk and zetterberg keep getting knocked down all the time and all we have is tootoo to show up

yes they gave up too much but we could of offset it a bit by trying to trade white for a pick (still cant believe we didnt trade him) or a miller/eaves for a pick as well and put in clowe

What is up w/some people? They are convinced, whether they admit it or not, that Wings management reads these boards and always towing the company line will get them a job. That's the only thing I can think of, because to not criticize this team is ludicrous.

Re: White....I can believe it. He still is a serviceable depth guy; we are only rebuilding when we don't like prices, all other times, we are trying to maintain a level of mediocrity that will lock in the 7th or 8th seed. That's the magic of Ken Holland--you get both--no value for players primed to leave but no "overpayment" to get pieces needed for a real run. Ahh, 1st round playoff exits....drink them in!

I'd rather have Clowe on Datsyuk's wing than Abdelkader.

MINI-RANT TIME!

The days of winning on skill alone are pretty much over. And we're moving to the EC. So: we need to get a little bigger, stronger, meaner. Holland believes we'll be fine if we just "play big" and our "big guys" put the hurt on. Well, that's great and all, except Helm can't stay healthy, Bertuzzi's like 90 years old, Sammy is Sammy, Franzen is Franzen...and our scoring corps includes Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula, Brunner, Nyquist....

The notion of the Wings going to the East has been floaitng around for years, and with the realignment proposals being tabled for a few years now, Holland started his plan last year in the draft when the smallest player he drafted was 6'0. I'm all for getting big players, see my sig below, but I don't think Ryan Clowe is the answer. I just pure don't like the guy. Too many years of hating the douchey s*** he does against the Wings I guess. I'd rather Holland offer Clarkson 5 mil per or so and try to get him out of Jersey. I'm really looking forward to the days when we have Sheahan and Andersson as mainstays in the bottom 6, and bigger skilled guys like Frk, Tvrdon and Jurco (which would make a badass line BTW) finding their way into our top 6 to help balance out smaller guys like Tatar and Nyquist. One of the main reasons I in no way want Holland to trade our 1st pick this year is cause there's so many big forwards in the 1st round. We need to keep drafting big and make offers to guys like Clarkson this offseason, as well as Mason Raymond...differnece makers like those guys.

suck it lol

ZOMG GIVE HIM AN EXTENSION NOWWWW!! Why do I have a sneaky suspicion youve been waiting a couple weeks for him to finally score so you could come in and try and give some validation to things youve been posting. HE had a good game. Good for him. But based on his play this season hes more likely to finish the season like the first 28 instead of the last one.

It's a damned shame that we didn't pick up Brunnstrom, too. After all, he scored a hat trick in his very first game! No, wait...

After all this time, don't we know better than to judge players on a sample size of one game?

P.S.: Clowe's two goals were gimmes. He scored the first one after been gifted a loose puck in front of the net and having nobody to beat but the goalie, and the second one was a tap-in into a wide-open net.

Mark Parrish scored a hattie in his first game as a Star, too. Awesome tenure he went on to have in Dallas.

Sample size without goals: 28 games

Sample size with goals: one game

Yep, he has a history of scoring... that is, less than 20 goals per season. He is also one of the dumbest players in the league, and certainly one of the least disciplined.

Dude, you know what that mean though right? Clowe is on pace for 26 goals this year!

I can't believe we missed out on trading for Bryce Harper too. He hit 2 HR's in his first 2 At Bats of the season...

Oh wait, wrong sport.