• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:07 PM

im just wondering if anyone here have heard anything about how this trade went down????????? i cant imagne them only getting martin erat for forsberg if he was being shopped around im picturing mcphee calling just nashville and asking for erat for whatever reason

im absolutely shocked and gutted cause i gotta think filppula and maybe a little something could of pherhaps gotten us forberg , i still cant believe this deal was made its just crazy  washington surely could of had more if they were calling up every team

#2 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

I agree with you. This is purely a panic move to get a roster player to try and make a playoff push to save his job. You would have thought he could have done a lot better.

#3 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:20 PM

Martin Erat is a perennial .70-.85(5 seasons)winger playing in a very defensive system he is an incredibly consistent point producer.  Filppula has only one season of .80 PPG not to mention he has 2 more years only a 4.5 million deal. While Filppula is a UFA. not to mention there is only a two year age difference.

How can you think Filppula is at all comparable to Erat?

That said I'm surprised Washington moved Forsberg, they must really want to make a push now.

#4 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

This at least to me is the worst deadline move. Sure Erat is a great player but you don't play a guy like Forsberg for him, period. Looks Like GMGM  is getting extremely desperate to hold onto his job, if I am a Capitalsfan I would hate this move a lot. Easily beats out Bishop for Connocher +4 found pick.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#5 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

im just wondering if anyone here have heard anything about how this trade went down????????? i cant imagne them only getting martin erat for forsberg if he was being shopped around im picturing mcphee calling just nashville and asking for erat for whatever reason

im absolutely shocked and gutted cause i gotta think filppula and maybe a little something could of pherhaps gotten us forberg , i still cant believe this deal was made its just crazy  washington surely could of had more if they were calling up every team

If Erat got them Forsberg, Filppula could have garnered Forsberg and a pick.

#6 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

Martin Erat is a perennial .70-.85(5 seasons)winger playing in a very defensive system he is an incredibly consistent point producer.  Filppula has only one season of .80 PPG not to mention he has 2 more years only a 4.5 million deal. While Filppula is a UFA. not to mention there is only a two year age difference.

That said I'm surprised Washington moved Forsberg, they must really want to make a push now.

Filppula is younger, better defensively and more versatile. Sure Erat produced at a slightly higher clip during their careers but Erat always played in the top 6 and had more PP time.

#7 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

Filppula is younger, better defensively and more versatile. Sure Erat produced at a slightly higher clip during their careers but Erat always played in the top 6 and had more PP time.

Not much younger. Erat produced at a much higher clip, and he never played with great offensive players. It will be interesting to see what he does in washingtons system,

But the main thing is he's signed, and filppula isn't. That diminishes any value filppula would have over erat.

#8 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:33 AM

maybe they could of worked out a sign and trade although for whatever reason it looks like washington targeted erat

filppula is a better 2 way player ... a cup winner and more cup experience 51 pts in 91 games compared to erat  who has 23 pts in 46 playoff games

i would of gladly thrown in our 1st round pick along with filppula for forsberg who was a highly touted prospect last year and full of potential

just cant believe capitals would even consider trading him let alone doing it

Not much younger. Erat produced at a much higher clip, and he never played with great offensive players. It will be interesting to see what he does in washingtons system,

But the main thing is he's signed, and filppula isn't. That diminishes any value filppula would have over erat.

dont think he'll do much he'll just continue to be a 45 to 55 pt guy

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 04 April 2013 - 01:32 AM.

#9 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

Is Erat a pending UFA? if not then Fil doesn't have the same value.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#10 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

Pretty much.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#11 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

Erat is signed through the 2014-15 season

#12 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

I'm not sure Forsberg will be a star anyway, he has a massive amount of talent but he seems a bit well not lazy maybe but he needs to become a whole lot tougher and work harder.

#13 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

From Puck Daddy:

ANALYSIS: Erat had a no-trade clause, but he clashed with coach Barry Trotz, had only four goals this season and wanted out of Nashville, the only NHL team he has ever known. GM David Poile got a great return by packaging Erat with Latta for Forsberg, the 11th overall pick in the 2012 draft and a top prospect. Erat typically produces around 20 goals and can help the Capitals on the power play. Latta, a third-round pick in 2009, is a 6-foot center who has yet to play in the NHL.