• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

filip forsberg trade

Rate this topic

im just wondering if anyone here have heard anything about how this trade went down????????? i cant imagne them only getting martin erat for forsberg if he was being shopped around im picturing mcphee calling just nashville and asking for erat for whatever reason

im absolutely shocked and gutted cause i gotta think filppula and maybe a little something could of pherhaps gotten us forberg , i still cant believe this deal was made its just crazy washington surely could of had more if they were calling up every team

Martin Erat is a perennial .70-.85(5 seasons)winger playing in a very defensive system he is an incredibly consistent point producer. Filppula has only one season of .80 PPG not to mention he has 2 more years only a 4.5 million deal. While Filppula is a UFA. not to mention there is only a two year age difference.

How can you think Filppula is at all comparable to Erat?

That said I'm surprised Washington moved Forsberg, they must really want to make a push now.

This at least to me is the worst deadline move. Sure Erat is a great player but you don't play a guy like Forsberg for him, period. Looks Like GMGM is getting extremely desperate to hold onto his job, if I am a Capitalsfan I would hate this move a lot. Easily beats out Bishop for Connocher +4 found pick.

Guest Johnz96

im just wondering if anyone here have heard anything about how this trade went down????????? i cant imagne them only getting martin erat for forsberg if he was being shopped around im picturing mcphee calling just nashville and asking for erat for whatever reason

im absolutely shocked and gutted cause i gotta think filppula and maybe a little something could of pherhaps gotten us forberg , i still cant believe this deal was made its just crazy washington surely could of had more if they were calling up every team

If Erat got them Forsberg, Filppula could have garnered Forsberg and a pick.

Guest Johnz96

Martin Erat is a perennial .70-.85(5 seasons)winger playing in a very defensive system he is an incredibly consistent point producer. Filppula has only one season of .80 PPG not to mention he has 2 more years only a 4.5 million deal. While Filppula is a UFA. not to mention there is only a two year age difference.

That said I'm surprised Washington moved Forsberg, they must really want to make a push now.

Filppula is younger, better defensively and more versatile. Sure Erat produced at a slightly higher clip during their careers but Erat always played in the top 6 and had more PP time.

Filppula is younger, better defensively and more versatile. Sure Erat produced at a slightly higher clip during their careers but Erat always played in the top 6 and had more PP time.

Not much younger. Erat produced at a much higher clip, and he never played with great offensive players. It will be interesting to see what he does in washingtons system,

But the main thing is he's signed, and filppula isn't. That diminishes any value filppula would have over erat.

maybe they could of worked out a sign and trade although for whatever reason it looks like washington targeted erat

filppula is a better 2 way player ... a cup winner and more cup experience 51 pts in 91 games compared to erat who has 23 pts in 46 playoff games

i would of gladly thrown in our 1st round pick along with filppula for forsberg who was a highly touted prospect last year and full of potential

just cant believe capitals would even consider trading him let alone doing it

Not much younger. Erat produced at a much higher clip, and he never played with great offensive players. It will be interesting to see what he does in washingtons system,

But the main thing is he's signed, and filppula isn't. That diminishes any value filppula would have over erat.

dont think he'll do much he'll just continue to be a 45 to 55 pt guy

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

From Puck Daddy:

ANALYSIS: Erat had a no-trade clause, but he clashed with coach Barry Trotz, had only four goals this season and wanted out of Nashville, the only NHL team he has ever known. GM David Poile got a great return by packaging Erat with Latta for Forsberg, the 11th overall pick in the 2012 draft and a top prospect. Erat typically produces around 20 goals and can help the Capitals on the power play. Latta, a third-round pick in 2009, is a 6-foot center who has yet to play in the NHL.