• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingsRox

Concerned - we might not make it in to the playoffs

Rate this topic

And if we have exactly the same number of points as Columbus and Dallas, that means we must be beating the teams that are beating them? Your point?

Look, its going to be tight, the difference is probly going to be one team going 4-2-1 as opposed to 3-2-2, but if Dallas and CBJ were so amazing, they wouldn't be in 8th and 10th with the same number of points as us

The problem is over the last 10 games played by Detroit, Dallas and Columbus two of them have at least 12 point out of them, and its sad to say it isn't Detroit. If this trend continues, Columbus and Dallas will finish the season hotter than Detroit, and that's not good for Detroit's odds of making it.

I just want to point out, if we won all of our shootouts like last year or even like 5 out of the 7 we lost we would be top 5 in the conference still, that is how close it is, and that is the difference. We will make the playoffs, and I predict we at least make it to the second round. Franzen and Nyquist have been heating up, and I think Z will be a force in the playoffs and Datsyuk will obviously be great, and if Howie keeps up his stellar play in the post season we have nothing to worry about

We have "Hockeytown" written on our center ice logo, and we're being outplayed by Columbus and Dallas for the last playoff spot. :confused: Two undeserving hockey cities.

Ilitch needs to put his foot down if this team misses the playoffs. He's not afraid to spend, but he seems afraid to put any pressure on Holland.

More meaningless platitudes from our fearless leaders...

"You are what you are, and this is what we've earned this year," coach Mike Babcock said. "This is what our team is. We're no better or worse than what we are and we're a team that's battling to get into the playoffs. "Win a game, that's all. We take the same approach we have every year. Try to win games and get better."

We have "Hockeytown" written on our center ice logo, and we're being outplayed by Columbus and Dallas for the last playoff spot. :confused: Two undeserving hockey cities.

Ilitch needs to put his foot down if this team misses the playoffs. He's not afraid to spend, but he seems afraid to put any pressure on Holland.

I agree with the majority of your post. I am curious, though.... what constitutes a "deserving" hockey city? I would like to know why Dallas and Columbus do not meet the qualifications and what cities do, in your opinion (or anyone else's).

I agree with the majority of your post. I am curious, though.... what constitutes a "deserving" hockey city? I would like to know why Dallas and Columbus do not meet the qualifications and what cities do, in your opinion (or anyone else's).

Cities that have a long history of having a team and where people actually go to games.

Columbus is last in the league in attendance this year, according to espn. Dallas is not far behind. Neither of these places is deserving of having a team, imo. And not just based on this year's attendance. Everytime I watch a Stars game on TV, I see a bunch of empty grey seats. And this team is going to the playoffs? Swell. Why is Columbus' attendance so low? Their GM is willing to spend and they're making a playoff push. But no one there seems to care.

I understand the league loves growing its game, but you can't teach elephants how to fly. I wish they'd contract these and several other teams from the league.

It bothers me when people claim to know the thoughts and feeling of others without knowing them or having some kind of evidence. How do you know Illitch doesn't completely support Holland? How would you every know about the interactions between owners and GMs?

It bothers me when people claim to know the thoughts and feeling of others without knowing them or having some kind of evidence. How do you know Illitch doesn't completely support Holland? How would you every know about the interactions between owners and GMs?

I said "seems"

And how do you know the interaction between owners and GM's?

I agree with inflatable boobs guy

I said "seems"

And how do you know the interaction between owners and GM's?

I don't know anything about the interactions between owners and GM's. That's why I don't make conjectures about their disagreements.

"seems" is exactly what I have a problem with. You're just going with a gut feeling that supports your own view point. If not, then list the evidence that makes it "seem" that Illitch is unhappy with the direction of the team and also what makes Illitch "seem" that he's "afraid to put any pressure on Holland."

I don't know anything about the interactions between owners and GM's. That's why I don't make conjectures about their disagreements.

"seems" is exactly what I have a problem with. You're just going with a gut feeling that supports your own view point. If not, then list the evidence that makes it "seem" that Illitch is unhappy with the direction of the team and also what makes Illitch "seem" that he's "afraid to put any pressure on Holland."

its a forum site where people share their viewpoints (feelings if thats better)...try not to look too deep into it

Kennys been trying to work out trades for awhile now, I think he's banking his patience works out and when the salary cap goes down, unavailable players become available. my assumption though...

its a forum site where people share their viewpoints (feelings if thats better)...try not to look too deep into it

Kennys been trying to work out trades for awhile now, I think he's banking his patience works out and when the salary cap goes down, unavailable players become available. my assumption though...

Pretty much.

I guess we can't even share opinions now, unless they're backed up with inside knowledge of Mike Ilitch's phone calls.

Pretty much.

I guess we can't even share opinions now, unless they're backed up with inside knowledge of Mike Ilitch's phone calls.

Okay, Maybe I picked the wrong battle. maybe I'll stick to I disagree. But i was just questioning the logic of your statement. I don't know why this got such attention. Usually defending your opinion is part of regular forum conversation

Attendance? Worthiness of winning? What are you even bickering about?

It comes down to the team that's winning and losing games... who has the best team and who is playing beyond their roster's expectations? Wins equals points which means playoff games... or playing golf in two weeks time.

Other than that. Who gives a flying ****?

Oh, I'm sorry. Did I step on your opinion of what makes a good hockey franchise?

Edited by e_prime

But, Dallas and us are on the heels of St. Louis, who lost today. So even if Dallas doesn't start losing, we can still squeak in if St. Louis struggles. And hoping Phoenix and Columbus don't get hot.

There is a way Dallas and Detroit both make the playoffs.

But, Dallas and us are on the heels of St. Louis, who lost today. So even if Dallas doesn't start losing, we can still squeak in if St. Louis struggles. And hoping Phoenix and Columbus don't get hot.

There is a way Dallas and Detroit both make the playoffs.

I still see Minnesota trending downwards, letting both Detroit and Dallas in.

Even though we won today, we didn't really move up. Dallas has game on us. If they win, they are 8th, we are 9th.

There are 7 games left. I'm going to say we need 5 wins to get in ...

Don't forget : Some play each other, some play against us so I think 4 Wins will be enough. If we beat Calagary and Phoenix I dare to predict that you guys around Detroit can start buying the Playofftickets.