• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingsRox

Concerned - we might not make it in to the playoffs

Rate this topic

I see St. Louis making it ... they seriously reloaded at the TD and with Elliott getting hot, they'll be tough to beat. Hitchcock knows what he is doing. He's a coach that for some reason, I always feel nervous when the Wings play against them. Hitch is friends with Babs but it always seems like Hitch gets the best of Babs.

Edited by RedWingsRox

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

Much rather travel to Chicago than California or Vancouver

yes, getting swept by chicago would definitely be the option with the least travel.

good call.

yes, getting swept by chicago would definitely be the option with the least travel.

good call.

If it's one team that would honestly beat Chicago in the first round, it would be Detroit. We just play differently against them. We lost against them in OT for the first game, another in a shootout, our 7-1 horribad game, and then another shootout. So we haven't been beat once in regulation by Chicago. Nonetheless, that second game should've been the game we ended their streak if it wasn't for Ericsson pitchforking it out of play. So in reality, bounces in any direction would've changed the games.

I wouldn't act nearly as horrible as you're making it out to seem.

If it's one team that would honestly beat Chicago in the first round, it would be Detroit. We just play differently against them. We lost against them in OT for the first game, another in a shootout, our 7-1 horribad game, and then another shootout. So we haven't been beat once in regulation by Chicago.

So that 7-1 game didn't count?

Somehow I allowed that one to go over, i'm sure you get the overall point of the message though. I wouldn't be nearly as "scared" as many of you are.

been saying its a different season come playoffs for awhile i get the same thing but i think alot of them arent scared its just knowlege of what has been happening this season

been saying its a different season come playoffs for awhile i get the same thing but i think alot of them arent scared its just knowlege of what has been happening this season

I can understand that, but if you put it within perspective, it isn't nearly as bad as some hyperbole fans put it out to be. Like I said, you drop off that 7-1 horribad game played by us, and you have 3 1 goal games that all required extra time to find a winner. It should show you that Chicago isn't directly dominate against Detroit, and they aren't "for sure" games for them. You have the first game of the season, while our team was still playing like a bunch of slumps. You have the second game that took to overtime, in which we should've won if we didn't take a horrible penalty to allow them to tie it late in the third. You have our horrible game and there more than enough excuses to fire down range. The last and final game, once again took to a shootout.

So I sit here, watching my home team take on the best team in the NHL, and yet we can take them all the way to extended time. Chicago has a hard time against Detroit, we should know this. What I said is, if it's one team that could take out Chicago within the first round, I would see Detroit doing it rather than any other bottom seeded team.

I want the Ducks in round 1. Vancouver vs St. Louis and Chicago can sweep the Wild back to Minnesota. Chicago can sit for a week and get rusty and we'll take them out in round 2 after a 6 or 7 game series win against the Duck!

and than you woke up

Guest The Axe

Much rather travel to Chicago than California or Vancouver

No way. Detroit can't beat Chicago without injuries. If the Wings can get Chicago with Kane and Seabrook on the shelf, they stand a chance. The injury bug needs to be on our side this year.

No way. Detroit can't beat Chicago without injuries. If the Wings can get Chicago with Kane and Seabrook on the shelf, they stand a chance. The injury bug needs to be on our side this year.

Well, Sharp is out if that's any consolation.

Well, Sharp is out if that's any consolation.

Not really, Sharp AND Hossa were both out for that 7-1 ass beating we took earlier this year from the Hawks. We'd need Toews and Seabrook to be out for the series, and possibly have Stone Cold Steve Austin playing power forward for us, in order to win a series against that team.

Not really, Sharp AND Hossa were both out for that 7-1 ass beating we took earlier this year from the Hawks. We'd need Toews and Seabrook to be out for the series, and possibly have Stone Cold Steve Austin playing power forward for us, in order to win a series against that team.

How are Stone Cold's knees these days? How is he on skates? Can't be any worse than Cleary, no?

Guest The Axe

Z = C

Days = A

Krons = A

Stevie A = 3:16

How are Stone Cold's knees these days? How is he on skates? Can't be any worse than Cleary, no?

Yzerman played with no knees, so I think Stone Cold's probably got a one good run in him. As for how good he is on skates...can you imagine receiving a Stone Cold Stunner from an Austin in skates? He's ******* devastating in skates dude!

No way Anaheim could beat Detroit in 2003. Not without injuries to Yzerman and Fedorov and Shanahan and Hull and Robitaille and Lidstrom and Chelios...

What's even more stressful is that the Wings are below .500 if you count losses and losses.

Wings are 20-15-7, which in my mind is actually 20-22.

At home Wings are 10-7-4, which in my mind is 10-11.

On the road 10-8-3 translates to another 10-11.

Just pathetic hockey. We were spoiled for so many years. Now were worried about whether or not Columbus wins in a game where were not even playing. COLUMBUS....

Edited by Holmstrom96

and than you woke up

That's the only way the Wings make it deep dude. They suck when they're the one's sitting. Look at this year. Every time they have 3 days off between games, they lose the next one. Games every 2nd day or back to backs, they play 1000x better. I'm really just waiting to see who steps up come playoffs. Z always goes into beast mode, but i'm really hoping that Kronwall and Smith turn it way up and make our blue line a force.

Gosh, this whole stressing out about a bunch of non-Detroit games thing is exhausting!

I've been watching the Wings in the West obviously, but I've had to do the same thing with the Jets sitting 9th in the East. It adds to the exhaustion when both teams you follow are in the same type scenario.

I'm kinda torn though, I'm going to the Jets game tonight and want to see Stamkos net a hat trick but the Jets to win.

Wings better beat the Flames tomorrow. They suck epically and we've played them the s***s this year.