• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingsRox

Concerned - we might not make it in to the playoffs

Rate this topic

Gosh, this whole stressing out about a bunch of non-Detroit games thing is exhausting!

While white is black, up is down and the earth has tilted on its axis with Toronto clinching a spot and the Wings on the bubble, I kinda like how important each and every game is at the end of this season.

Not really, Sharp AND Hossa were both out for that 7-1 ass beating we took earlier this year from the Hawks. We'd need Toews and Seabrook to be out for the series, and possibly have Stone Cold Steve Austin playing power forward for us, in order to win a series against that team.

And that's the bottom line, 'cause kipwinger said so.

Guest Crymson

What's even more stressful is that the Wings are below .500 if you count losses and losses.

Wings are 20-15-7, which in my mind is actually 20-22.

At home Wings are 10-7-4, which in my mind is 10-11.

On the road 10-8-3 translates to another 10-11.

Just pathetic hockey. We were spoiled for so many years. Now were worried about whether or not Columbus wins in a game where were not even playing. COLUMBUS....

Frankly, it doesn't matter how these numbers look in your mind. All that matters is how they appear on the standings.

As for the rest... it would have helped more than a little had we a 3rd line. This was taken from us, in its entirety, by injuries.

Guest DeGraa55

Frankly, it doesn't matter how these numbers look in your mind. All that matters is how they appear on the standings.

As for the rest... it would have helped more than a little had we a 3rd line. This was taken from us, in its entirety, by injuries.

Our third line is not the problem.

Guest Crymson

Our third line is not the problem.

You do realize that the third line may have been a tad different with Bertuzzi, Helm, and Samuelsson in, right? Having an extra 20-30 goals would really have been very nice. As things stand, we have a third line as full of grinders as our fourth.

Guest DeGraa55

I didn't know helm can score that much?

You do realize that the third line may have been a tad different with Bertuzzi, Helm, and Samuelsson in, right? Having an extra 20-30 goals would really have been very nice. As things stand, we have a third line as full of grinders as our fourth.

Helm scores 30 goals? Bert would help our top 6.

But our third line isn't the reason why were in the spot we are in. Its a lack of a top 6. I'd also argue the fourth line is more of a problem than third.

Guest Crymson

But our third line isn't the reason why were in the spot we are in. Its a lack of a top 6. I'd also argue the fourth line is more of a problem than third.

Don't be obtuse. It's likely that Bertuzzi and Samuelsson would have scored at around a 20-goal pace, and Helm at his usual pace of 10-15 goals. Over a regular season, that equates to around 50 goals. In this shortened season, it figures to around 25-30. Does this help?

I don't see how you can say that having a third line that could score would not benefit this team in a rather large way.

Don't be obtuse. It's likely that Bertuzzi and Samuelsson would have scored at around a 20-goal pace, and Helm at his usual pace of 10-15 goals. Over a regular season, that equates to around 50 goals. In this shortened season, it figures to around 25-30. Does this help?

I don't see how you can say that having a third line that could score would not benefit this team in a rather large way.

I'm pretty sure he never said a third line wouldn't help. I'm pretty sure he said that the third line wasn't the problem and the lack of a competitive top six was. Argue with him until you're blue in the face, but don't make up stuff he didn't say.

Not to mention there are only 2 legit NHL d-men on the entire roster, and one of them (Ericcson) is wildly inconsistent and that's being kind.

Not to mention there are only 2 legit NHL d-men on the entire roster, and one of them (Ericcson) is wildly inconsistent and that's being kind.

I am so tired of people ragging on Big Rig all the time, he has been very solid this year, Dekeyser is looking very good, Lashoff and kindl look great too. Quincey is starting to play much better, like it or not our defense is actually pretty solid all around

I am so tired of people ragging on Big Rig all the time, he has been very solid this year, Dekeyser is looking very good, Lashoff and kindl look great too. Quincey is starting to play much better, like it or not our defense is actually pretty solid all around

No kidding. It's our offence that's not cutting it. Our D has been playing really good and been chipping in with points. We need our forwards to cash in on their scoring chances.

No kidding. It's our offence that's not cutting it. Our D has been playing really good and been chipping in with points. We need our forwards to cash in on their scoring chances.

Yep, IIRC we're sitting 20th at goals for, and 10th at goals against. Our defense isn't the problem, especially when adding DeKeyser to the equation. The boy has helped the back-end more than we really expected. He's even considered as Babcock's final 5. If the offense would start potting them, this team could change pretty dramatically.

We can't score goals & the team we're battling beat us 4 out of 5. End of discussion! It hurts me to say this, but we are not a good team, nor do we deserve to make the playoffs. Sure sucks to loss our playoff record and everything, but so be it. The entire organization dropped the ball on this one, hurts to be a Red Wing Fan right now.

In the long run, I look at it as this; We didn't reload over the last 2 years and it's hitting us now. We have been on a downward trend the past 2-3 years and we haven't done much to get better. Holland wants to blame it on injuries, but do you seriously think that Bertuzzi, Helm, Samuelsson and Colaiacovo were the difference in us going on a cup run? Don't give me that tired cliche, "get in, and anything can happen" crap. We have been getting in the past 4 years and showing early round exits for our trouble. West got good, particularly in the Central and we did nothing to improve.

I give Holland the off season to fix it. If he can't, find someone who can or change the coaching staff. We need a overhaul and this adding one or two players a year isn't gonna cut it in my book.

Top 6 is the problem. No chemistry, no nothing. Flipulla is playing horrible this year. And the Wings really only have three other top 6 forwards, Brunner with Helm would of been nice on the third line. Brunner isn't a top 6 forward yet, he needs more adjustment time.

What we really should be worring about is next season. The Wings roster will be more or less exactly the same. They are going to get eatin alive in the play-offs unless they can clear some major salary and get a top 3 forward. And if the team doesn't keep Flipulla, things will be even worse. He better take 4 million a season, because that is more than what he's worth based on his lazy, uninspired play. 4 years, 4 million per, take it or leave it you greedy bastard.

Edited by TheOwl

Top 6 is the problem. No chemistry, no nothing. Flipulla is playing horrible this year. And the Wings really only have three other top 6 forwards, Brunner with Helm would of been nice on the third line. Brunner isn't a top 6 forward yet, he needs more adjustment time.

What we really should be worring about is next season. The Wings roster will be more or less exactly the same. They are going to get eatin alive in the play-offs unless they can clear some major salary and get a top 3 forward. And if the team doesn't keep Flipulla, things will be even worse. He better take 4 million a season, because that is more than what he's worth based on his lazy, uninspired play. 4 years, 4 million per, take it or leave it you greedy bastard.

No way dude. He's got 2 points in the last 14 games. That's stellar for a guy who wants a substantial raise. He's bringing other great things to each game right now. I'm just having a hard time figuring out what. Cleary sucks.