• Please log in to reply
312 replies to this topic

#201 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

If you're listening to anything that a Leaf fan has to say regarding the playoffs, you're doing it wrong.

Kindly remind them that our playoff streak is old enough to drink in the United States, then drop the mic, and back away with your arms raised. 

Bahaha! Yes!

My favorite post of the year.

Edited by achildr1, 12 April 2013 - 12:54 PM.

#202 uncle ovipositor

uncle ovipositor

Rookie

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

I would love to see a first round series against Chicago. Not sure the Wings would win, but it would be great fun to watch and a good way to end an era.

From a coachig perspective, the regular season's all about your team and the system, the playoffs are about the other team. And Babcock's a good series coach.

Chicago's deep, confident, strong, and on their game, but their D and goalie aren't great and can be exploited. I'd like to see what Babcock comes up with. Doesn't mean I think they'd win, but if they make it in I'm not going to write them off just yet.

I hope it happens.

#203 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

Well, Columbus beating Minnesota in a shoot out is the worst possible outcome from a Wings standpoint (SAT night) Wild get a point in front of us and another team right behind us gets two. Hockey media can't wait to dance all over the corpse of the Red Wings...really don't want to give them the pleasure. Sent on iPhone using Tapatalk

#204 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

Well, Columbus beating Minnesota in a shoot out is the worst possible outcome from a Wings standpoint (SAT night) Wild get a point in front of us and another team right behind us gets two. Hockey media can't wait to dance all over the corpse of the Red Wings...really don't want to give them the pleasure. Sent on iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep and right now the tie breakers are all going against Detroit as well.  Detroit loses all tie-breakers to Columbus if the records are the same I think.  Right now the only reason by Columbus is behind Detroit is because they've played one more game.

It will probably come down to that last game against Dallas on the road, both teams have won once against each other and only play a total of 3 times - not exactly a situation I feel comfortable with....

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80, 13 April 2013 - 10:23 PM.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#205 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

Yep and right now the tie breakers are all going against Detroit as well.  Detroit loses all tie-breakers to Columbus if the records are the same I think.  Right now the only reason by Columbus is behind Detroit is because they've played one more game.

It will probably come down to that last game against Dallas on the road, both teams have won once against each other and only play a total of 3 times - not exactly a situation I feel comfortable with....

For purposes of deciding final standings, ROW is the first tiebreaker. The Wings have 17, and the Jackets have 14.

#206 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:51 AM

I would love to see a first round series against Chicago. Not sure the Wings would win, but it would be great fun to watch and a good way to end an era.

From a coachig perspective, the regular season's all about your team and the system, the playoffs are about the other team. And Babcock's a good series coach.

Chicago's deep, confident, strong, and on their game, but their D and goalie aren't great and can be exploited. I'd like to see what Babcock comes up with. Doesn't mean I think they'd win, but if they make it in I'm not going to write them off just yet.

I hope it happens.

I agree 100%.  Im curious on who they run with from here on out, but one thing is for sure lady luck has not been on their side in a while so I'm pretty sure she due for a visit...and I dare say it's the perfect time.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#207 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:11 AM

For purposes of deciding final standings, ROW is the first tiebreaker. The Wings have 17, and the Jackets have 14.

Well there are 8 teams ahead of us in points and ROW, so this is how many angels can dance on a head of a pin.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#208 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:27 AM

that's not what ESPN says:  http://sports.espn.g...nhl/tiebreakers

And if the Jackets are able to catch up in that regard in either case, it won't matter because the Wings will be going golfing instead of the playoffs anyway.

Honestly, at this point, missing the playoffs might be what this franchise needs to shake up the paradigm and get the staleness of the roster and attitude out of the way.

If you're not playing to win the Cup, you're doing it wrong.  Just to make the playoffs for some silly streak is not enough.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#209 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

that's not what ESPN says:  http://sports.espn.g...nhl/tiebreakers

And if the Jackets are able to catch up in that regard in either case, it won't matter because the Wings will be going golfing instead of the playoffs anyway.

Honestly, at this point, missing the playoffs might be what this franchise needs to shake up the paradigm and get the staleness of the roster and attitude out of the way.

If you're not playing to win the Cup, you're doing it wrong.  Just to make the playoffs for some silly streak is not enough.

Note that I said final standings. Every team will have the same number of games played at the end of the season, making line #1 irrelevant for the purposes of tiebreaking. And were the Wings to have played the same number of games as the Jackets as of today, they'd still currently be ahead of that team in the standings. 

It's obviously true that the Blue Jackets will be ahead of the Wings in the standings if they've got a greater number of points.

Well there are 8 teams ahead of us in points and ROW, so this is how many angels can dance on a head of a pin.

There are seven teams ahead of the Wings in ROW, and San Jose is not one of them.

Edited by Crymson, 14 April 2013 - 01:36 AM.

#210 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:46 AM

Note that I said final standings. Every team will have the same number of games played at the end of the season, making line #1 irrelevant for the purposes of tiebreaking. And were the Wings to have played the same number of games as the Jackets as of today, they'd still currently be ahead of that team in the standings. 

It's obviously true that the Blue Jackets will be ahead of the Wings in the standings if they've got a greater number of points.

still playing site contrarian I see....

Get a clue already.

#211 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:16 AM

This is looking pretty bad. Dallas on a roll and Columbus right behind them. I'm finally getting concerned here. I would only be comfortable with us missing the playoffs if we won the rest of the games from here on out. Then at least it wouldn't be for a lack of trying.

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#212 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

still playing site contrarian I see....

Being right around LGW lately could make one a contrarian I guess

#213 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

Oh!  The joys of being "right" and "wrong" on internet discussion boards!   :glare: 

Whether we have a numerical advantage once all the games are played to hold on to that last and final eighth seed spot is not what is going to kill me in the next two weeks.  It's the fact that we will, in all likelihood, be counting points until the final day and praying that the numerical advantages fall our way.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#214 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

The wings have a .5% chance at that number 1 pick right now.

#215 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:19 AM

I am quite concerned.  We do still control our own destiny since we face dallas the last game.....

looking at the schedules as well I would say Detroit has an advantage over Dallas's schedule and definitely an advantage over Columbus.

hopefully it works out.

naked is a state of mind

#216 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

I am quite concerned.  We do still control our own destiny since we face dallas the last game.....

looking at the schedules as well I would say Detroit has an advantage over Dallas's schedule and definitely an advantage over Columbus.

hopefully it works out.

Given the Wings tendency to crap the bed against teams they should beat, I wouldn't necessarily say they have an advantage.  Not until they prove they can bear down & win the games they're supposed to.

#217 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

Biggest 2 games of the year our tonight and Wednesday. 4 huge points that must be collected or they're done.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#218 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

Yikes, we are officially in 9th spot!

#219 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

I watched both games last night. Dallas made SJ look like an AHL team in the first period. They lost their legs a bit in the 3rd but Dallas looked very strong.
Columbus....I don't even know what to say....Bobrovski honestly looks like he could be in the convsation for the Vezina. I think early in the season, everyone looked at the Jackets as a basement dweller team who would do nothing as per usual. Once they got some solid goaltending this team found their identity.

They have a lot of confidence right now and they should. We need 4 points in the next two games.....2 or 3 won't do. CBL want to show Nash and Carter they don't want and don't need them. Dallas wants to remind Roy and Riberio the same thing. We want to keep the streak alive and believe that ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs...you just have to win. Let's hope everyone on the Wings roster plays every shift, takes every hit necessary to make a play, blocks every shot they can and finds a way to find the back of the net. Like I said in the Chicago game day post, we will find out exactly the character of this team in the next two games. I wonder what we are really made of.
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#220 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

Hell Im not satisfied with making it in as and 8th..... I want a 6th seed and the Canucks round one......we need to get hot right now and rattle off 4 or 5 in a row.

Of course the Blues will probably roll the Hawks today thought!