• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Travis

Winter Classic 2014 announcement Sunday at Joe Louis Arena

Rate this topic

Both jerseys look amazing. With the exception of the Chicago Blackhawks jersey, logo and scheme, all other Original 6 jerseys are so classy and look brilliant. To see a retro incarnation of these 2, is pretty sweet. I'd also say the Leafs are probably my 2nd favorite jersey behind Detroit.

Love the jersey, will definitely have to pick one up.

I hope Stevie agrees to play, and I hope Feds is still coming over. I need to see him end his career in the Winged Wheel.

Kenny touched on that briefly, although he didn't mention Feds by name. He said that most of the Russian Five had committed last year and they were hoping that would be the case this year.

Here's the thing now though...

I've heard speculation that there could be more than one outdoor game next year and I'm fairly certain the NHL would like to do that. Mainly because Leafs/Wings is not anyhting near a marquee matchup. I can see them setting up an LA/Vancouver game or something. This is another reason why Kenny dropped the ball over the last year. Who wants to watch the Leafs run over our worst team is 20 years at home? Our team will be on the biggest stage possible for the NHL and this is the team Kenny is throwing out there...awesome.

Also...if they are doing the jersey unveiling, they are probably using the ones leaked a few months ago. I think the really screwed that up too. Here's to hoping things brighten up a bit...

What? Thats exactly what it is, doesn't even matter if they are both 20 games under .500 when the game is played. 2 original six teams out doors is about as marquee as it gets.

Here's the thing now though...

I've heard speculation that there could be more than one outdoor game next year and I'm fairly certain the NHL would like to do that. Mainly because Leafs/Wings is not anyhting near a marquee matchup. I can see them setting up an LA/Vancouver game or something. This is another reason why Kenny dropped the ball over the last year. Who wants to watch the Leafs run over our worst team is 20 years at home? Our team will be on the biggest stage possible for the NHL and this is the team Kenny is throwing out there...awesome.

It's a regular season game. Either don't attend or don't watch. Don't use something exciting like this as yet another excuse to berate Holland. If being a Wings fan is so miserable than go ahead and root for Toronto, they've put a great product on the ice year after year.

It's a regular season game. Either don't attend or don't watch. Don't use something exciting like this as yet another excuse to berate Holland. If being a Wings fan is so miserable than go ahead and root for Toronto, they've put a great product on the ice year after year.

Haha...little high and mighty don't you think?

I am a Wings die hard. I love the Wings having the outdoor game. I believe i am completely justified in saying everything i did and I totally plan on watching the game and almost bought half season tickets this year to try and attend the Winter Classic.I am excited for the game.

What I am mad about is that this is supposed to be the most attended, probably most watched, probably the most fervent fan bases that have been involved to date, two original six teams, and at "home" to boot and Holland has assembled the worst Red Wings team in 25 years to take part in it. Our fans have a real chance of being outnumbered at the game and the last thing I want to see is a good, young Leafs team steamroll us like we steamrolled the Hawks in Chicago. Look at my post history...I've stood by Holland way more than most since being here but he legimatly dropped the ball on this.

The point of all this though is that I believe Bettman isnt satisfied (NOT ME!)and he knows that the product on the ice, for both teams, is not elite and doesn't match the hype of the rest of the event and he's looking to appease the fan bases that matter to him and his agenda. Wings-Leafs matters to us and to Leaf slappy Nation but how much does it matter to Bettman's love child's die hards, fair weather fanbases (Pens, Caps, Kings...), and any other fan that doesnt live in a traditional hockey market? Bettman probably wet his pants when the Kings won the Cup because it has been his agenda for every warm weather franchise to reel in fans as much as possible (which is cool...I want the game to be bigger too). I just feel he wants to keep the people interest before they go back to acting like Kings don't exist...even if that means watering down this "special" event only to rake in money for a few years.

Edited by achildr1

They're on sale at the Joe, Hockeytown Authentics and the Cafe.

Authentic, EDGE? As in what the players will wear during the game?

I went to Hockeytown and they didn't have them, and said they didn't know if they would. Called Hockeytown Cafe and they said the exact same thing. The lady at Joe Louis didn't really have any idea.

It was during a broadcast - some people were sporting them at the game that night and the announcers said they'd already been selling at the aforementioned venues. I'll do a little sleuthing and see what I can come up with.

****'s Sporting Goods says they're in stock and will ship in 2-3 business days.

Shop NHL says advance sale, will ship in 7-9 business days.

It was during a broadcast - some people were sporting them at the game that night and the announcers said they'd already been selling at the aforementioned venues. I'll do a little sleuthing and see what I can come up with.

****'s Sporting Goods says they're in stock and will ship in 2-3 business days.

Shop NHL says advance sale, will ship in 7-9 business days.

I'm talking 100% authentic, what the players wear, has a fight strap, jersey. They had the replica's at Hockeytown, but not those.