• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Travis

Winter Classic 2014 announcement Sunday at Joe Louis Arena

Rate this topic

Actually, you know what's odd?

None of those appear to have a WC patch?

It says so in the description:

THE 2014 Winter Classic Patch is not included on the jersey. The patches are on back order for about a one week or two.

Edited by rrasco

I can't find it, but I recall someone saying you could get these from the NHL Shop for around $100.

Also, just spoke with a rep from Shop NHL and they said they are indeed screen printed. She also told me the C on the Datsyuk jersey stood for 'Winter Classic'. LMAO

I'm looking at Detroit Athletic since they have sewn on logos/number/names for the same price point. They don't appear to have the C or A on the arm though. Bummer nobody is getting this right, not even the NHL.

EDIT: I just spoke to Detroit Athletics and they said they are putting the C or A on the arm, you just need to specify it when you put the name/number you want. The logos are all sewn on. From Reebok, the logo and 'Detroit' is felt which you can get on the name/number as well, but they believe the twill will hold up longer. It's $10 extra and takes longer for the felt name/number since it's a special order.

Edited by rrasco

I can't find it, but I recall someone saying you could get these from the NHL Shop for around $100.

Also, just spoke with a rep from Shop NHL and they said they are indeed screen printed. She also told me the C on the Datsyuk jersey stood for 'Winter Classic'. LMAO

I'm looking at Detroit Athletic since they have sewn on logos/number/names for the same price point. They don't appear to have the C or A on the arm though. Bummer nobody is getting this right, not even the NHL.

EDIT: I just spoke to Detroit Athletics and they said they are putting the C or A on the arm, you just need to specify it when you put the name/number you want. The logos are all sewn on. From Reebok, the logo and 'Detroit' is felt which you can get on the name/number as well, but they believe the twill will hold up longer. It's $10 extra and takes longer for the felt name/number since it's a special order.

Did you get a price quote from Detroit Athletics by any chance?

Yeah, I actually just ordered one from them. They are on their site for $134.99. +$40 for twill name/number and +$50 for felt name/number. I used a promo code 'MOM13' and got $10 off, and orders over $100 are free shipping. Sooo, $164.99 shipped.

I got a Datsyuk. I was going to go with Z, but my other WC jersey is Z's so I figured I'd change it up. I need a regular Z jersey, because I don't like wearing the old WC one, it fits weird. I'm going to rock this one in Dallas next weekend when we make the playoffs. :D

http://www.detroitathletic.com/servlet/the-3573/2014-Winter-Classic-Detroit/Detail

EDIT: The one thing they are missing is the WC patch. DA said they didn't come from Reebok with them and they are looking for a source for the patches. He said he thinks it has to do with the lockout, because if they came with the patch, they would have all been made with one from 2013. I'll probably add one later, D i c k's is selling the patches.

Edited by rrasco

I couldn't find the Operation: Dumbo Drop thread so I'll post here.

The first round of emails for ticket purchasing has apparently gone out. I just received mine with my order code and the times in which I'll be able to do so.

Having said that, I'm not going. I forfeited the tickets I'd had, so I'm sort of surprised that I received an email giving me the chance to buy again. Regardless, I won't be using my code or purchasing tickets. If there is someone who would like to use it then I will happily post it.

Otherwise, it will go unused and simply fall to the next person, I guess, which might be a more fair way to go about it anyhow.

Edit: I will need to make sure I can pass it, as well. If anyone is interested, though, I'll check the process out and see.

Edited by Travis