• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

Love the jersey, will definitely have to pick one up.

I hope Stevie agrees to play, and I hope Feds is still coming over. I need to see him end his career in the Winged Wheel.

Kenny touched on that briefly, although he didn't mention Feds by name.  He said that most of the Russian Five had committed last year and they were hoping that would be the case this year.

I certainly hope Feds gets a standing ovation if he does participate in any of the alumni events...Even though he may have left on rather unsavory terms - he's still part of the Red Wings dynasty from the 90's thru early 2000's, and I hope many fans recognize what he brought to our favorite club.

Remove the "Detroit" from that jersey and it's perfect. Still very nice, though.

To be honest I'm rather indifferent with the Wings jersey - however I really do like that old school Maple Leafs jersey.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#42 Chelios57

Chelios57

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

http://www.sbnation....es-outdoor-game

Hmm

Atlanta Thrashers: 1999-2011

WINTER CLASSIC 2013

"When you want to measure yourself, you don't measure yourself against, no disrespect to TORONTO or any other team that I can think of right now, you measure yourself against the Detroit Red Wings. They are the best in the league, and whether they won last year's Cup or didn't win last year's Cup, they're the measuring stick." - Bruce Boudreau

#43 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

http://www.sbnation....es-outdoor-game

Hmm

And it's a shock that Bettman would take a good thing & ruin it by running it into the ground why?

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#44 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

It's a regular season game. Either don't attend or don't watch. Don't use something exciting like this as yet another excuse to berate Holland. If being a Wings fan is so miserable than go ahead and root for Toronto, they've put a great product on the ice year after year.

Haha...little high and mighty don't you think?

I am a Wings die hard. I love the Wings having the outdoor game. I believe i am completely justified in saying everything i did and I totally plan on watching the game and almost bought half season tickets this year to try and attend the Winter Classic.I am excited for the game.

What I am mad about is that this is supposed to be the most attended, probably most watched, probably the most fervent fan bases that have been involved to date, two original six teams, and at "home" to boot and Holland has assembled the worst Red Wings team in 25 years to take part in it. Our fans have a real chance of being outnumbered at the game and the last thing I want to see is a good, young Leafs team steamroll us like we steamrolled the Hawks in Chicago. Look at my post history...I've stood by Holland way more than most since being here but he legimatly dropped the ball on this.

The point of all this though is that I believe Bettman isnt satisfied (NOT ME!)and he knows that the product on the ice, for both teams, is not elite and doesn't match the hype of the rest of the event and he's looking to appease the fan bases that matter to him and his agenda. Wings-Leafs matters to us and to Leaf slappy Nation but how much does it matter to Bettman's love child's die hards, fair weather fanbases (Pens, Caps, Kings...), and any other fan that doesnt live in a traditional hockey market? Bettman probably wet his pants when the Kings won the Cup because it has been his agenda for every warm weather franchise to reel in fans as much as possible (which is cool...I want the game to be bigger too). I just feel he wants to keep the people interest before they go back to acting like Kings don't exist...even if that means watering down this "special" event only to rake in money for a few years.

Edited by achildr1, 08 April 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#45 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

I came here to ask where the C for Z's jersey was, but I see they put it on the arm.  Pretty cool IMO.

Edited by rrasco, 10 April 2013 - 01:38 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $12

#46 Chelios57

Chelios57

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

Has anyone seen an authentic one for sale?  I've been looking with no luck.

WINTER CLASSIC 2013

"When you want to measure yourself, you don't measure yourself against, no disrespect to TORONTO or any other team that I can think of right now, you measure yourself against the Detroit Red Wings. They are the best in the league, and whether they won last year's Cup or didn't win last year's Cup, they're the measuring stick." - Bruce Boudreau

#47 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,060 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

They're on sale at the Joe, Hockeytown Authentics and the Cafe.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#48 Chelios57

Chelios57

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

They're on sale at the Joe, Hockeytown Authentics and the Cafe.

Authentic, EDGE?  As in what the players will wear during the game?

I went to Hockeytown and they didn't have them, and said they didn't know if they would.  Called Hockeytown Cafe and they said the exact same thing.  The lady at Joe Louis didn't really have any idea.

WINTER CLASSIC 2013

#49 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,060 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

It was during a broadcast - some people were sporting them at the game that night and the announcers said they'd already been selling at the aforementioned venues.  I'll do a little sleuthing and see what I can come up with.    

****'s Sporting Goods says they're in stock and will ship in 2-3 business days.

Shop NHL says advance sale, will ship in 7-9 business days.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#50 Mike J.

Mike J.

Rookie

• Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I thought the alumni jerseys looked better. I'd rather buy one of those but I don't know if they'll even be selling them.

#51 Chelios57

Chelios57

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

It was during a broadcast - some people were sporting them at the game that night and the announcers said they'd already been selling at the aforementioned venues.  I'll do a little sleuthing and see what I can come up with.    

****'s Sporting Goods says they're in stock and will ship in 2-3 business days.

Shop NHL says advance sale, will ship in 7-9 business days.

I'm talking 100% authentic, what the players wear, has a fight strap, jersey.  They had the replica's at Hockeytown, but not those.

WINTER CLASSIC 2013

#52 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,060 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

As much as it pains me to think of anyone spending money on the NHL right now, I thought I'd pass this along anyway:

Free shipping from NHL.com on any order, no minimum.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#53 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

I'm talking 100% authentic, what the players wear, has a fight strap, jersey.  They had the replica's at Hockeytown, but not those.

Supposedly, the ones on sale right now through the NHL shop are screen printed btw.  No thank you.

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#54 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,060 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

Hank's and a few others are on eBay for 420.00.  Still no sign of the alumni jerseys.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#55 Chelios57

Chelios57

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

Hank's and a few others are on eBay for 420.00.  Still no sign of the alumni jerseys.

Damn, nice find!

Now I just have to sell my own plasma, and get a second job.

WINTER CLASSIC 2013

#56 Chelios57

Chelios57

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

Damn, nice find!

Now I just have to sell my own plasma, and get a second job.

Actually, you know what's odd?

None of those appear to have a WC patch?

WINTER CLASSIC 2013

#57 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

Actually, you know what's odd?

None of those appear to have a WC patch?

It says so in the description:

THE 2014 Winter Classic Patch is not included on the jersey. The patches are on back order for about a one week or two.

Edited by rrasco, 16 April 2013 - 01:58 PM.

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $12

#58 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

I can't find it, but I recall someone saying you could get these from the NHL Shop for around $100.

Also, just spoke with a rep from Shop NHL and they said they are indeed screen printed.  She also told me the C on the Datsyuk jersey stood for 'Winter Classic'.  LMAO

I'm looking at Detroit Athletic since they have sewn on logos/number/names for the same price point.  They don't appear to have the C or A on the arm though.  Bummer nobody is getting this right, not even the NHL.

EDIT: I just spoke to Detroit Athletics and they said they are putting the C or A on the arm, you just need to specify it when you put the name/number you want.  The logos are all sewn on.  From Reebok, the logo and 'Detroit' is felt which you can get on the name/number as well, but they believe the twill will hold up longer.  It's $10 extra and takes longer for the felt name/number since it's a special order.

Edited by rrasco, 16 April 2013 - 03:06 PM.

#59 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

I can't find it, but I recall someone saying you could get these from the NHL Shop for around $100.

Also, just spoke with a rep from Shop NHL and they said they are indeed screen printed.  She also told me the C on the Datsyuk jersey stood for 'Winter Classic'.  LMAO

I'm looking at Detroit Athletic since they have sewn on logos/number/names for the same price point.  They don't appear to have the C or A on the arm though.  Bummer nobody is getting this right, not even the NHL.

EDIT: I just spoke to Detroit Athletics and they said they are putting the C or A on the arm, you just need to specify it when you put the name/number you want.  The logos are all sewn on.  From Reebok, the logo and 'Detroit' is felt which you can get on the name/number as well, but they believe the twill will hold up longer.  It's $10 extra and takes longer for the felt name/number since it's a special order.

Did you get a price quote from Detroit Athletics by any chance?

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#60 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

Yeah, I actually just ordered one from them.  They are on their site for $134.99.  +$40 for twill name/number and +$50 for felt name/number.  I used a promo code 'MOM13' and got $10 off, and orders over $100 are free shipping.  Sooo, $164.99 shipped.

I got a Datsyuk.  I was going to go with Z, but my other WC jersey is Z's so I figured I'd change it up.  I need a regular Z jersey, because I don't like wearing the old WC one, it fits weird.  I'm going to rock this one in Dallas next weekend when we make the playoffs.  :D

http://www.detroitat...-Detroit/Detail

EDIT: The one thing they are missing is the WC patch.  DA said they didn't come from Reebok with them and they are looking for a source for the patches.  He said he thinks it has to do with the lockout, because if they came with the patch, they would have all been made with one from 2013.  I'll probably add one later, D i c k's is selling the patches.

Edited by rrasco, 16 April 2013 - 03:48 PM.