Sign in to follow this  
ami

4/4 GDT : Red Wings 2 @ Coyotes 4

Rate this topic

they suck that is all, lost to a team full of plugs and a backup goalie

bless Datsyuk but the team is not good

i hope im wrong on this but goodnight sweet playoff streak

Edited by Yak19

Has this team overcome a deficit this entire season? I honestly can't remember a come from behind win.

Doesn't feel like it. Certainly not many instances of coming back from 2 goals down. More than 2 goals down and then winning can't have happened once this season can it?

No firepower offensively. Part of it is the lack of Lids on D, we miss a guy who can get some decent shots from the point, giving us rebounds and deflections.

And part of it is having no Bert, no Tatar, no Helm, no Brunner this game..

No Holmstrom, Lidstrom , Stuart, Bert, Helm, Draper, Maltby, Mccarty, Chelios, Shanahan, Hull, Hasek, Larionov, Yzerman etc.

Name a team that has lost half that hall of fame firepower in the last 10 yrs, not have any top picks and can still play with the best of em.

I love being an underdog. If We make it to 8th, we've positioned ourselves in to playing the Hawks in the first round. I haven't been this excited since 97 when we faced the avs and there was norhing certain other than only one team will emerge victorious.

I always believe...

As requested, pictures. I stopped taking pictures of the game when we started sucking. Sorry for s***ty quality.

Warmups. Good luck, Cleary. We all know you need it.

Wings4-4-134_zps549006f4.jpg

Zetterprofile :wub:

Wings4-4-136_zpsc09eb6f2.jpg

Coca Cola pulled his groin immediately after this picture was taken.

Wings4-4-137_zps2df83ef3.jpg

Gametime! Opening faceoff:

Wings4-4-133_zpsa93af080.jpg

It's my Toots in a box! My Toots in a box, baby...

Wings4-4-132_zps44183a5c.jpg

Franzen doing...whatever it is that he does best.

Wings4-4-135_zps9422a756.jpg

Kronner's sick of your s***, refs.

Wings4-4-138_zps2ae2a2e4.jpg

Whatever. LGW.

Franzen was picking his nose there dude. It got stuck for a few shifts.

they suck that is all, lost to a team full of plugs and a backup goalie

bless Datsyuk but the team is not good

i hope im wrong on this but goodnight sweet playoff streak

That's why I refer to many of our players as "line-up tampons". All they do is stop a little of the bleeding and fill a hole. The girls may not enjoy this analogy, but can admit it's truth and it's comparison for some of our guys. We sign Danny D and he gets to watch some Red Wing hockey, although not exactly what he grew up watching. Coliacovo is a line-up tampon and his spot belongs to Dekeyser, whom Holland asked to join the team to make it better.

Has this team overcome a deficit this entire season? I honestly can't remember a come from behind win.

Didn't we overcome a 3-0 deficit to win 6-3 at some point this year?

Babcock needs to make a decision with the D within the next couple games. We cannot keep switching the D up every game like this... we need the 3 pairings to play together consistently to develop chemistry going down the stretch. Personally, I think that making THREE changes to the Defense tomorrow is a very bad idea... that is just too many changes and is going to throw things off. So Babs needs to decide ASAP on what the eff he wants to do.

As for forward lines:

Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Abdelkator

Franzen- Filpulla- Miller (I think he earned top minutes and I dont get why he was replaced by Cleary)

Simply put, we need Pavel and Hank together because no other lines have worked consistently.

Once Brunner is back, and if Bert comes back within the next week or so then we can see:

Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Bertuzzi

Franzen- Fil- Brunner

Now that is a solid top 6.

Every time we get in trouble people want to reunite the Eurotwins. But they are separate players now and for whatever reason they don't play as well together as apart.

That coyote howl is the most annoying sound in the entire NHL.

Ok, but tied with it is that idiot who bellows "POWER PLAY!!" with the Blue Jackets. Ok, I think it's them/him. I try to repress the whole thing.

daniel_cleary_image02.jpg

I know this is after the fact, but I've always liked Cleary. He is a warrior. I believe he's one of the few who plays UP to his ability. He does NOT back down. He has saved two goals in the past three or four games. And he scored another goal last night while other Wings either stood like statues during power plays or made iffy, cutesy passes; or just did not play like a team. They mostly reacted instead of acting.

I still get very frustrated seeing glimpses of Mules abilities....he had a couple moves last night that had me on edge of my seat but I digress.

I know this is after the fact, but I've always liked Cleary. He is a warrior. I believe he's one of the few who plays UP to his ability. He does NOT back down. He has saved two goals in the past three or four games. And he scored another goal last night while other Wings either stood like statues during power plays or made iffy, cutesy passes; or just did not play like a team. They mostly reacted instead of acting.

Dannys heart desire and motor fused with Mules body and skills!!! If only:)

Franzen was picking his nose there dude. It got stuck for a few shifts.

That's why I refer to many of our players as "line-up tampons". All they do is stop a little of the bleeding and fill a hole. The girls may not enjoy this analogy, but can admit it's truth and it's comparison for some of our guys. We sign Danny D and he gets to watch some Red Wing hockey, although not exactly what he grew up watching. Coliacovo is a line-up tampon and his spot belongs to Dekeyser, whom Holland asked to join the team to make it better.

You're damn right we don't appreciate the analogy. What the hell do women have to do with men not playing their game well? Clean it up. Now.

I still get very frustrated seeing glimpses of Mules abilities....he had a couple moves last night that had me on edge of my seat but I digress.

Dannys heart desire and motor fused with Mules body and skills!!! If only:)

Danny is our Rudy. If only all of our players had his heart....

Edited by atodaso

You're damn right we don't appreciate the analogy. What the hell do women have to do with men not playing their game well? Clean it up. Now.

Not really sure I meant that to be used in such a dirty way that you're perceiving it, but ok, we'll just go with plugs as an analogy for our guys who should be replaced by guys like Tatar. Not trying to incite anger...

Didn't we overcome a 3-0 deficit to win 6-3 at some point this year?

Every time we get in trouble people want to reunite the Eurotwins. But they are separate players now and for whatever reason they don't play as well together as apart.

When we beat vancouver the first time we started the game playing catch up too

Not really sure I meant that to be used in such a dirty way that you're perceiving it, but ok, we'll just go with plugs as an analogy for our guys who should be replaced by guys like Tatar. Not trying to incite anger...

What don't you understand about it's being sexist? Mysogynistic? And for your usual level of creativity, it was a really dumb analogy.

What don't you understand about it's being sexist? Mysogynistic? And for your usual level of creativity, it was a really dumb analogy.

I definitely did not think of that. However I do like that you like my usual level of creativity. I never went to university, so I usually learn interesting big words from Drake Marcus and then I google them. His relative inactivity lately has forced me to make my own words up and has resulted in an epic fail. :lol: At least I still have Rue Miller.