• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

canadian wings fan

Dan Dekeyser Watch

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

Good game by the kid. A couple of positioning errors but not too shabby for an NHL debut

Don't think that Babs can keep him out of the lineup with his play tonight. Very impressive for his first game in the NHL.

My guess is he sits until the Calgary game, I hope I'm wrong but they sent Tatar down and can't recall him till the playoffs. Normally I trust what babs does with the lineups but the injuries this year have made him go with as many healthy vets as he can put in there

HE WILL BE THE NEXT LIDDY!!!!lol

My guess is he sits until the Calgary game, I hope I'm wrong but they sent Tatar down and can't recall him till the playoffs. Normally I trust what babs does with the lineups but the injuries this year have made him go with as many healthy vets as he can put in there

watchin the flamers game now, nice to see hudler suffer for his greed! Enjoy that contract *****! Edited by WINGS & FLOW

I think its good to let the first game sink in a bit for DD. He played great, but I think we shouldn't put the pressure on him to be a constant starter right away. I think give him a game off then try him again, if he performs well then we will maybe see him as a regular.

Only saw the last 15 of the 3rd, what little I saw of him looked impressive. Good stickwork and skating. Don't see how we can keep White in the lineup over him. Sure if White was putting up big offensive numbers..

I think its good to let the first game sink in a bit for DD. He played great, but I think we shouldn't put the pressure on him to be a constant starter right away. I think give him a game off then try him again, if he performs well then we will maybe see him as a regular.

Good thought. That was what I was thinking too. Too much depth with the D and I think the coaching staff needs to show him what he did right and wrong and let that sink in for a game or two.

He played real good for his first game. You could see how nervous he was when they had him scoped in and he could barely hold onto the Gatorade bottle and his hands were shaking bad. Nice to see him make some good defensive plays. I like that reach of his, real active in the lanes. He made sure the crease was clear and that no one got near Jimmy, I loved that. Wasn't over physical but allowed his body play to restrict a lot of space. I really liked it.

“I liked him,'' coach Mike Babcock said. “He's going to be a good player in the league for a long time.

“Obviously, he's got to get a lot stronger and just get comfortable playing in his own end, but he skates so good and passes the puck so good and he's smart, a good defender. Makes it pretty easy to like him.''

“There's going to be lots of growing pains for him,'' Babcock said. “I imagine he was a little nervous to start the game, but he settled in and played good for us.''

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/04/red_wings_danny_dekeyser_impre.html

Played a good game.

I'll take the good with the bad, it was his 1st game..obviously a little nervous..made a couple horrible passes coming out of our end but also made some good passes and some good dumps out of our end...plays his position well it seems and doesn't seem fazed by the moment.

He plays his man better than anyone else on the team ties them up real good. Gooood skater nice passes. He plays a weird position I seen him play in the high slot and above the face off dot a few times. I don't know if that's good or bad cause he certainly took his guy out of play.

Couple of miss passes. Not afraid of ot saw him go in deep offensively. Babs not afraid to put him on the pk either. Looks promising.

I think if he plays this season out and next season hell overtake kronwall.

Guest Crymson

He plays his man better than anyone else on the team ties them up real good. Gooood skater nice passes. He plays a weird position I seen him play in the high slot and above the face off dot a few times. I don't know if that's good or bad cause he certainly took his guy out of play.

Yeah, his position was certainly odd.

Couple of miss passes. Not afraid of ot saw him go in deep offensively. Babs not afraid to put him on the pk either. Looks promising.

I think if he plays this season out and next season hell overtake kronwall.

I don't think he will overtake Kronwall just yet. The big thing with DD is he doesn't score. A number one, like Lids or Kroner, needs to be able to put up points. Most of the number one guys these days are only good offensively. Lids was so great because he was elite at both Defense and Offense. But at the same time, I'll take a guy who is a elite shutdown guy. I think DD is gonna be real good.

Did anyone else notice how nice he was...just like his sports idol Lids? I wouldnt mind a mean nasty dude like Weber but if DD turns out even 1/2 as good as Lids and is kind and respectful to the game and fellow players I am all in with the kid..

DD did look very respectful, almost apologetic when he put the body on anyone or gave them a shove. I hope he develops a nasty streak and adds about 15 pounds. He looks tall and lanky like he needs to grow into his size.

But to compare him to Lidstrom at this point is extremely premature.

DD plaued a great game, and got better as the game moved along. He played on the PK late in the 3rd. By the end of the game he was even joining the rush a couple of times. yes he didn knock a couple of guys down in front of the net. But being the new kid he helped them back up after the whistle. Overall, great 1st game. Should be a long time star on the D.