• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#21 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

I would think they'd want Colaiacovo to get some more game time.  After all, he's been out so long.  But he is expendable I guess.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#22 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

I'm excited to see what DeKeyser can do.  It's high-time he got some playing time.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#23 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

Tonight's game is a must-watch just because of DD's debut.

"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#24 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

Tonight's game is a must-watch just because of DD's debut.

Only reason I woke up today.

#25 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

The funny part is that this is what a lot of LGW forum members want.  They want to see the kids play.  Course, when these kids screw up and make mistakes, these same forum members will have ZERO tolerance for that kind of thing.

I love that Babs is playing the kids though.  Gotta have them show what they are capable of.

I'd rather watch the kids screw up and make rookie mistakes and learn from them than watch some of our vets make rookie mistakes and often get rewarded with more playing time.  I'm a lot easier on the kids watching their potential on the ice.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#26 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:42 PM

I didn't see the 3rd but I thought the kid played pretty good tonight.

#27 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

I missed the game, can someone sum up Danny's debut?

#28 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

Danny was really solid. got a great reach.real active stick.  can skate really good like what has been said..so far so good.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#29 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

I missed the game, can someone sum up Danny's debut?

Steady. A couple nervous passes, but no big deal. Good positioning, great skating, good stickwork, pretty average puck skils, not too physical.

Overall pretty good for a rookie playing his first game.

#30 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

Good game by the kid. A couple of positioning errors but not too shabby for an NHL debut

bringit.jpg

#31 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

Don't think that Babs can keep him out of the lineup with his play tonight. Very impressive for his first game in the NHL.

#32 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

Don't think that Babs can keep him out of the lineup with his play tonight. Very impressive for his first game in the NHL.

My guess is he sits until the Calgary game, I hope I'm wrong but they sent Tatar down and can't recall him till the playoffs. Normally I trust what babs does with the lineups but the injuries this year have made him go with as many healthy vets as he can put in there

#33 WINGS & FLOW

WINGS & FLOW

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

HE WILL BE THE NEXT LIDDY!!!!lol

My guess is he sits until the Calgary game, I hope I'm wrong but they sent Tatar down and can't recall him till the playoffs. Normally I trust what babs does with the lineups but the injuries this year have made him go with as many healthy vets as he can put in there

watchin the flamers game now, nice to see hudler suffer for his greed! Enjoy that contract *****!

Edited by WINGS & FLOW, 05 April 2013 - 11:18 PM.

#34 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

I think its good to let the first game sink in a bit for DD. He played great, but I think we shouldn't put the pressure on him to be a constant starter right away. I think give him a game off then try him again, if he performs well then we will maybe see him as a regular. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#35 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

Only saw the last 15 of the 3rd, what little I saw of him looked impressive. Good stickwork and skating. Don't see how we can keep White in the lineup over him. Sure if White was putting up big offensive numbers..

#36 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

I think its good to let the first game sink in a bit for DD. He played great, but I think we shouldn't put the pressure on him to be a constant starter right away. I think give him a game off then try him again, if he performs well then we will maybe see him as a regular. 

Good thought. That was what I was thinking too. Too much depth with the D and I think the coaching staff needs to show him what he did right and wrong and let that sink in for a game or two.

#37 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

#studwatch2013

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#38 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

Nice job Dekeyser! I really hope he plays Sunday in front of the national tv crowd :)

#39 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

He played real good for his first game. You could see how nervous he was when they had him scoped in and he could barely hold onto the Gatorade bottle and his hands were shaking bad. Nice to see him make some good defensive plays. I like that reach of his, real active in the lanes. He made sure the crease was clear and that no one got near Jimmy, I loved that. Wasn't over physical but allowed his body play to restrict a lot of space. I really liked it.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#40 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,151 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

“I liked him,'' coach Mike Babcock said. “He's going to be a good player in the league for a long time.
“Obviously, he's got to get a lot stronger and just get comfortable playing in his own end, but he skates so good and passes the puck so good and he's smart, a good defender. Makes it pretty easy to like him.''

“There's going to be lots of growing pains for him,'' Babcock said. “I imagine he was a little nervous to start the game, but he settled in and played good for us.''

http://www.mlive.com...yser_impre.html