• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

canadian wings fan

Dan Dekeyser Watch

Rate this topic

Watching this kid play one word comes to mind:

SMOOTH!

Everything he does seems to be done with ease, never seems to be trying to hard, but always seems to be in the right place or make the right decision.

Very smart player for his age.

Doan had the entire upper half of the net last night and Danny's stick got there just in time, I didn't even notice it until I saw the replay.

The kid is SMOOTH!

Watching this kid play one word comes to mind:

SMOOTH!

Everything he does seems to be done with ease, never seems to be trying to hard, but always seems to be in the right place or make the right decision.

Very smart player for his age.

Doan had the entire upper half of the net last night and Danny's stick got there just in time, I didn't even notice it until I saw the replay.

The kid is SMOOTH!

Smooth is the perfect word for Danny D that's for sure! He really reminds me of someone with his "ease" of the game....

I am very impressed with DeKeysers positional and defensive game but he seems to lack confidence offensively. He always looks like he is more worried about making a mistake and backs off early instead of getting in a good position to shoot or pinch in offensively.

I am very impressed with DeKeysers positional and defensive game but he seems to lack confidence offensively. He always looks like he is more worried about making a mistake and backs off early instead of getting in a good position to shoot or pinch in offensively.

He's a defensive defensemen. He stays back at home. The biggest thing people needed to realize about DeKeyser before he came here, was the fact that he would not put up huge numbers offensively. That's good. We need a defensemen like that. He plays a very simple and risk free mistake game, that's what we need.

You can't ask every defensemen to put up big numbers! Let him do what he excels at, playing mistake free defensive hockey!

He's a defensive defensemen. He stays back at home. The biggest thing people needed to realize about DeKeyser before he came here, was the fact that he would not put up huge numbers offensively. That's good. We need a defensemen like that. He plays a very simple and risk free mistake game, that's what we need.

You can't ask every defensemen to put up big numbers! Let him do what he excels at, playing mistake free defensive hockey!

agreed! glad we landed him. PKer for life!!

Guest The Axe

Smooth is the perfect word for Danny D that's for sure! He really reminds me of someone with his "ease" of the game....

Dekeyser reminds me of Kevin Lowe. Not even close to Lidstrom.

Only a matter of time before he plays the Brad Stuart role. Back up Kronwall so he can hit and score.

I don't believe I said a word about asking him to put up big numbers or not but I still think his offensive game can be improved, he seems to lack confidence there.

I don't believe I said a word about asking him to put up big numbers or not but I still think his offensive game can be improved, he seems to lack confidence there.

I stated all of that because your expectations of him aren't going to be fulfilled, ever. That's not Danny DeKeyser. Never was, never will be most likely. He shines in his own zone, always has. That's what makes Danny DeKeyser good. His play in his own zone, his first pass, his skating ability. You can't look for confidence in the offensive zone because it shouldn't exist. He doesn't need that confidence, it's not his game while in the offensive zone.

Now, with all that said. I honestly think he's outstanding in the offensive zone. You have to realize that he's a defensive defensemen. His selection of when to pinch, keep the play within the zone, and overall decision making while in the offensive zone is outstanding. For me, that means he already has "confidence" in the offensive zone for his role....

I stated all of that because your expectations of him aren't going to be fulfilled, ever. That's not Danny DeKeyser. Never was, never will be most likely. He shines in his own zone, always has. That's what makes Danny DeKeyser good. His play in his own zone, his first pass, his skating ability. You can't look for confidence in the offensive zone because it shouldn't exist. He doesn't need that confidence, it's not his game while in the offensive zone.

Now, with all that said. I honestly think he's outstanding in the offensive zone. You have to realize that he's a defensive defensemen. His selection of when to pinch, keep the play within the zone, and overall decision making while in the offensive zone is outstanding. For me, that means he already has "confidence" in the offensive zone for his role....

Are you serious? You haven't got the first clue what my "expectations" are. Maybe try reading what I actually write instead of trying to interpret it the way you want to?

The game is not one dimensional and every single player out there has to be able to play both defense and offense so yes he sure as hell needs confidence in the offensive zone.

Edited by Ekmanc

Are you serious? You haven't got the first clue what my "expectations" are. Maybe try reading what I actually write instead of trying to interpret it the way you want to?

The game is not one dimensional and every single player out there has to be able to play both defense and offense so yes he sure as hell needs confidence in the offensive zone.

You don't need to get mad, i'm just letting you understand Danny DeKeyser a little better because it seems that you don't have much knowledge of him. He doesn't need your so called confidence in the offensive zone. That isn't one dimensional. He has numerous dimensions but most importantly, he's going to play the way he's always played. Stay at home, risk free, mistake free hockey. We need that with our team. We don't need DeKeyser to be confident in their zone, we have more than enough defensemen that can play that role. We need DeKeyser to stay within his role, and keep his success up.

I told you that your expectations aren't going to get fulfilled because that isn't who DeKeyser is, and never has been. If you've paid attention to his development throughout the years, and actually watch him prior to his NHL debut, you would know this. You don't need to get mad when someone is simply explaining a player to you.

The game isn't one dimensional, you're correct. You're mistaking defensemen roles though. A defensemen defensemen should never make offense a priority within their role. Their dimensions are to clear the crease, make that first pass, ensure the transition will happen smoothly, make sound defensive decisions, and ensure they don't get caught flat-footed on the backcheck. He's playing that role, and excellent right now.

I do have to get mad actually when you talk like you have the divine truth and everyone else could learn a thing or two from you...

I already said he has played well defensively but that he could get better offensively, what part of that do you disagree with so much that you felt you needed to lecture me?

I'm not asking him to be an Erik Karlsson type but it would be nice if he could pitch in a goal here and there throughout his hopefully long career and to do this he needs to improve his offensive game.

Edited by Ekmanc

I do have to get mad actually when you talk like you have the divine truth and everyone else could learn a thing or two from you...

I already said he has played well defensively but that he could get better offensively, what part of that do you disagree with so much that you felt you needed to lecture me?

I'm not asking him to be an Erik Karlsson type but it would be nice if he could pitch in a goal here and there throughout his hopefully long career and to do this he needs to improve his offensive game.

Ignoring the ridiculousness of your post, the problem of your thinking is exactly this. He doesn't need to be good offensively. You don't need to make every player "offensive." You need defensemen who are willing to keep defense as their #1 priority. We have enough defensemen that you're speaking of, offensive minded defensemen. They may not be producing this season, but they certainly exist within our roster. If anything, we need more defensive minded defensemen, because we're lacking it.

I'm not trying to lecture you, but I am trying to get you to understand that DeKeyser is not going to be that player that you're looking for. He doesn't need to, or should have to improve his offensive game. He has success in hockey because of his defense, skating, and long reach. He was sought after because of his defense. He isn't Justin Schultz, he isn't anything resembling of any offensively gifted defesemen. Simply put, he is not going to be good offensively. It's never been apart of his game, and quite frankly I just don't see him magically bringing it to his game. He would rather be the stay-at-home, mistake free, risk free defensemen...

Edited by evilzyme