• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#41 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

Did anyone else notice how nice he was...just like his sports idol Lids? I wouldnt mind a mean nasty dude like Weber but if DD turns out even 1/2 as good as Lids and is kind and respectful to the game and fellow players I am all in with the kid..

#42 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

Played a good game. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#43 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

Played a good game. 

I'll take the good with the bad, it was his 1st game..obviously a little nervous..made a couple horrible passes coming out of our end but also made some good passes and some good dumps out of our end...plays his position well it seems and doesn't seem fazed by the moment.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#44 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

He plays his man better than anyone else on the team ties them up real good. Gooood skater nice passes. He plays a weird position I seen him play in the high slot and above the face off dot a few times. I don't know if that's good or bad cause he certainly took his guy out of play.

Couple of miss passes. Not afraid of ot saw him go in deep offensively. Babs not afraid to put him on the pk either. Looks promising.

I think if he plays this season out and next season hell overtake kronwall.

#45 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

He plays his man better than anyone else on the team ties them up real good. Gooood skater nice passes. He plays a weird position I seen him play in the high slot and above the face off dot a few times. I don't know if that's good or bad cause he certainly took his guy out of play.

Yeah, his position was certainly odd.

#46 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

Couple of miss passes. Not afraid of ot saw him go in deep offensively. Babs not afraid to put him on the pk either. Looks promising.

I think if he plays this season out and next season hell overtake kronwall.

I don't think he will overtake Kronwall just yet.  The big thing with DD is he doesn't score.  A number one, like Lids or Kroner, needs to be able to put up points.  Most of the number one guys these days are only good offensively.  Lids was so great because he was elite at both Defense and Offense.  But at the same time, I'll take a guy who is a elite shutdown guy.  I think DD is gonna be real good.

#47 Serratoni

Serratoni

Rookie

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

Did anyone else notice how nice he was...just like his sports idol Lids? I wouldnt mind a mean nasty dude like Weber but if DD turns out even 1/2 as good as Lids and is kind and respectful to the game and fellow players I am all in with the kid..

DD did look very respectful, almost apologetic when he put the body on anyone or gave them a shove. I hope he develops a nasty streak and adds about 15 pounds. He looks tall and lanky like he needs to grow into his size.

But to compare him to Lidstrom at this point is extremely premature.

#48 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

lids didnt exactly put up a ton of points til he started playing in the NHL so you never know

#49 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

DD plaued a great game, and got better as the game moved along. He played on the PK late in the 3rd. By the end of the game he was even joining the rush a couple of times. yes he didn knock a couple of guys down in front of the net. But being the new kid he helped them back up after the whistle. Overall, great 1st game. Should be a long time star on the D.

#50 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

Great game by DD today.  Poised and made some good passes.  I think his most impressive attribute is his hockey sense.  He seems to read the situations very well and make the right play.  Very refreshing.

#51 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Finally someone who can make a pass on the rush!

#52 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

Danny and Smith could be the perfect match for the Wings future 2nd pairing.

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#53 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Danny and Smith could be the perfect match for the Wings future 2nd pairing.

I'm not an expert on DD but I'm hoping Smith ends up being a tougher version on Kronwall. He should end up being a future #2 guy.

#54 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

D2 is the FUTURE
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#55 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

He's looked great so far which just shows how high his potential is. Looking forward to watching him grow as an NHLer for the next several years!

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#56 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

our young d has a very bright future

#57 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

lets just say hes my 3rd reason to watch the games this year

1. datsyuk

2. zetterberg

3. dekeyser

#58 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

Watching this kid play one word comes to mind:

SMOOTH!

Everything he does seems to be done with ease, never seems to be trying to hard, but always seems to be in the right place or make the right decision.

Very smart player for his age.

Doan had the entire upper half of the net last night and Danny's stick got there just in time, I didn't even notice it until I saw the replay.

The kid is SMOOTH!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#59 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

It's been real nice watching DD play out there.

IPB Image

#60 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

Watching this kid play one word comes to mind:

SMOOTH!

Everything he does seems to be done with ease, never seems to be trying to hard, but always seems to be in the right place or make the right decision.

Very smart player for his age.

Doan had the entire upper half of the net last night and Danny's stick got there just in time, I didn't even notice it until I saw the replay.

The kid is SMOOTH!

Smooth is the perfect word for Danny D that's for sure!  He really reminds me of someone with his "ease" of the game....  

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.